ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Conley Vs Demarcus Robinson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315783)

BleedingRed 06-13-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13591418)
Robinson's spectacular catches were the product of even more spectacular Mahomes throws. Quite frankly we haven't really even seen Conley given the opportunity to make catches like that.

As far as separation goes, that's highly debateable. It's already been pointed out to you; Conley has been more productive on half as many targets. That alone should make you question what you THINK you're seeing.

Robinson runs a 4.59
6'1

Conley runs a 4.34
6'3

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591376)
Is that you Ryan or Chris? ROFL First of all some of the so-called "catches" Robinson dropped against Denver were damn near impossible to catch. Mahomes either threw it too strongly or overthrew him on more than one occasion. The fact Is Robinson beat his man several times and Pat just wasn't on target on those occasions, which is why I don't put the blame on Demarcus. Secondly, there is no way Conley is more elusive or faster over a short distance than Robinson is, that's just bullcrap. Imo Conley is just a guy who can catch the odd ball here and there and maybe keep a drive going. Robinson on the other hand, has a great ability to beat his man and get separation, plus he can make tough catches all across the field.

Robinson showed against the Titans that he can handle the big stage, Conley has just been average ever since he turned up at Arrowhead.

Okay, so this is just you fanboing over Robinson.

Got it. Just ignore everything I said. You're committed to exalting another average/below average WR.

It's not worth it to me to even discuss it. Our season hinges on neither.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591382)
I can show you evidence actually. HERE is where the drive started against the Titans when he got his TD. I caught four balls in that drive on the left, middle and right-hand side of the field. And all of them he got separation with the last catch coming after he dodged a jam and juked another defender.

And In THIS preseason game against the Titans he made three big catches too.

Now, show me evidence that Conley has this sort of elusiveness, separation and catching skills in his arsenal!!!..I'd love to see it.

:hmmm: Is that you Demarcus?

notorious 06-13-2018 11:07 AM

Conley is the better athlete, but my eyes tell me that Robinson is the more natural football player.

This is a good problem to have.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-13-2018 11:07 AM

has there ever been a more overrated CP favorite than Chris Conley? I remember his rookie year where people were predicting him to get 600-800 yards.

Best22 06-13-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591439)

Got it. Just ignore everything I said. You're committed to exalting another average/below average WR.

They're both average

I think Robinson has a higher ceiling

keg in kc 06-13-2018 11:12 AM

Robinson's just a guy. If it's not Conley, it needs to be someone else.

ModSocks 06-13-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591442)
:hmmm: Is that you Demarcus?

AH-HA!

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13591418)
Robinson's spectacular catches were the product of even more spectacular Mahomes throws. Quite frankly we haven't really even seen Conley given the opportunity to make catches like that.

As far as separation goes, that's highly debateable. It's already been pointed out to you; Conley has been more productive on half as many targets. That alone should make you question what you THINK you're seeing.

Well the stats aren't the only thing that's important though. I mean, I saw Alex miss Robinson several times after he got separation and I saw Mahomes overthrow him four times against Denver, so it's hardly his fault, is it? Conley was also much more involved in the system, so of course, his stats should be better. The fact remains though that he only has one TD to his name after three seasons and that simply sucks.

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13591439)

Yep, I knew you'd run a mile when video evidence was presented!!..Where's that "athleticism" you've been raving about? ROFL

UChieffyBugger 06-13-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13591446)
Conley is the better athlete, but my eyes tell me that Robinson is the more natural football player.

This is a good problem to have.

BINGO!!!..but some folks seem to think we're talking about track and field here so football skills don't matter :D .

Halfcan 06-13-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591382)
I can show you evidence actually. HERE is where the drive started against the Titans when he got his TD. I caught four balls in that drive on the left, middle and right-hand side of the field. And all of them he got separation with the last catch coming after he dodged a jam and juked another defender.

And In THIS preseason game against the Titans he made three big catches too.

Now, show me evidence that Conley has this sort of elusiveness, separation and catching skills in his arsenal!!!..I'd love to see it.

:hmmm: Interesting slip of the tongue there.

Buckweath 06-13-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13591454)
They're both average

I think Robinson has a higher ceiling

Best answer.

Neither will be special but Robinson look more of a football player and natural than Conley.

Robinson is also two years younger so he possibly has more room to develop. He came into this league young.

smithandrew051 06-13-2018 12:19 PM

I gotta say it’s nice that these guys are competing to be our 3/4 WR...instead of 1/2 like we’re used to.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13591487)
BINGO!!!..but some folks seem to think we're talking about track and field here so football skills don't matter :D .

You said Robinson was more athletic. People are just pointing out you are wrong.

My primary argument was production and efficiency... which you countered by cherry picking a few plays.