ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

L.A. Chieffan 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

If this happens we went from a questionable quarertback and LT situation to now a completely solid quaterback and LT situation. Id say Reid and the boys are getin' r dun!

kcxiv 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9520525)
I don't mind this at all. I think that is more than fair. I think we overrate Albert a bit...I think he's solid, don't get me wrong...but he's not a world beater and he is coming off an injury.

I think people need to settle down on this board.

Why? They are just delaying the inevitable! I hope they have some kind of magic they pull out of their ass, because out of all the ok moves they have done, they have done 1 bad move and 1 potentially bad move! I wouldnt mind so much about bad moves here n there, but when its at the 2 most important positions on the offense it makes ya worry.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

more standing pat

we have made very few improvements this offseason, just switching out similar pieces.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

Take both of the dolphins 2nd rnd picks. I would be fine with that.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9520530)
It's the impending waste of the #1 overall pick that's even more egregious than throwing away a high-quality, young LT.

Just differing levels of stupid, and there's no way of justifying it.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey not married to Albert. This happens all the time in the NFL when a regime takes over.

kcxiv 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9520541)
If this happens we went from a questionable quarertback and LT situation to now a completely solid quaterback and LT situation. Id say Reid and the boys are getin' r dun!

under your name you just need to put the word professional board troll! lol

Hootie 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9520530)
It's the impending waste of the #1 overall pick that's even more egregious than throwing away a high-quality, young LT.

Just differing levels of stupid, and there's no way of justifying it.

Meh. You never know with large dudes...Albert could simply just be done for all we know.

Either way...getting a 2nd out of a guy we all figured to be gone is no big deal. That's fair value for Albert.

If we draft Joeckel at #1 it'll suck...I still want to trade down. But I'm not going to freak about trading Albert. It's whatever.

King_Chief_Fan 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520511)
<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #bbb 1px solid; MIN-WIDTH: 220px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 1px solid; MARGIN: 10px 0px; DISPLAY: block; MAX-WIDTH: 99%; BORDER-TOP: #eee 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 1px solid; borderRadius: 10px; boxShadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)" id=twitter-widget-0 title="Embedded Tweet" height=212 frameBorder=0 width=500 allowTransparency scrolling=no class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async></SCRIPT>

surely it isn't for any second round and any fourth round
<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" id=rufous-sandbox frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>

DeezNutz 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520546)
Andy Reid and John Dorsey not married to Albert. This happens all the time in the NFL when a regime takes over.

It has nothing to do with "whose player" someone is and everything to do with blind stupidity, just like trading for Alex Smith.

DaKCMan AP 03-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9520537)
Not really - why not keep your high-quality young player and pick another player that will IMPROVE your team NOW, rather than draft a player just to replace what you lost?

LMAO

suds79 03-22-2013 09:37 AM

No f-ing way they get that much for Albert.

But I get it. It's negotiation.

Ask for a 2nd and then some.... Hope you settle on just a 2 for him.

Hootie 03-22-2013 09:37 AM

and as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens...at least he better be.

but I'm not going to fret about something that hasn't happened...I still assume we're going to trade down. If we don't, it'll be disappointing.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-22-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9520550)
It has nothing to do with "whose player" someone is and everything to do with blind stupidity, just like trading for Alex Smith.

Alex Smith in Reid and Dorsey eyes was the best QB this off-season. Sorry they don't like Geno.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9520553)
and as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens...at least he better be.

but I'm not going to fret about something that hasn't happened...I still assume we're going to trade down. If we don't, it'll be disappointing.

Joeckel better be a top 5 LT.

Every time he gets bullrushed and gets Alex Smith killed.....I'm going to laugh.

YayMike 03-22-2013 09:39 AM

If they must.....

Trade Albert for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.
Trade down to allow Buffalo to get Geno for a 2nd and 4th this year , a 1st next year.

Draft Fischer.

Profit.

Use the three newly acquired picks to address WR, OLB/ILB, S.

Profit again.