ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs the kicker that shall go unnamed breaks 22 year silence in new interview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313870)

RollinWithMahomie 02-12-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13413327)
That piece of shit putting anything on the rest of the team is beyond the pale.

The defense held their squad to 10 points and 2 missed 46+yard field goals.

The offense put him in a position to at least tie the game 3 times from the middle of the 2nd quarter forward and he FAILED. He failed on a 35, 39, and a 42 yarder.

**** him and whatever altered perception of that game he has.

Or I don't know Steve Bono could have not thrown 3 ints and they could have scored a td but I know that's too much to ask against the 9-7 Colts.

lcarus 02-12-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13412216)
Yeah blame the WR who barely had a sack lunch in the NFL and for not making a highlight-reel catch in a playoff game...that would have gone down as "The Catch II"...if it had actually happened.

Blame him for that one "drop" when Bono was chucking up ducks all night.

Give me a ****ing break. That's like blaming Louie Aguiar for not getting the first down on that fake FG in '97 when in actuality Grbac had a giant chicken-bone stuck in his throat at the end...and there were four or five drops in that playoff game, too.

Drops my ass...drop your game manager off a cliff, please.

I just posted that because it was all I could find on that game and I had forgotten all about that play. It was a shit throw. Still...that was fail all around. It's the playoffs and the ball hits your hands. Catch the ****ing thing.

TimeForWasp 02-13-2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinWithMahomie (Post 13413323)
22 years since this game I've gained some perspective and put more blame on bono and the offense. As an 11 year old kid I followed the crowd and blamed the kicker. I like how they said it's time to start the healing process and I thought this was really interesting, enlightening, and awesome interview! ... having said that... damn I wish he would have made at least 1 of those damn kicks! Haha

I like the way you think. We need to forgive Lin Elliott to exorcise our demons.

TimeForWasp 02-13-2018 06:07 AM

Lindley Franklin Elliott Jr.

SuperBowl4 02-13-2018 09:34 AM

I knew there was a reason the Cowboys waived him! Bottom line is the CHIEFS got exactly what they deserved when they went cheap instead of paying Nick Lowery his salary and asking NL to take a pay cut. I bet Nick would have made those kicks in that playoff game. Carl Peterson blew it.

BlackHelicopters 02-13-2018 10:52 AM

Get fisted

B_Ambuehl 02-13-2018 10:58 AM

A study in contrasts. In 2009 the Chargers went 13-3, had the #1 seed, and lost by 3 at home to the Jets in the divisional round when Nate Kaeding missed 3 field goals in perfect weather. But I can't ever recall hearing a single chargers fan blame Kaeding for that loss. And that was after he'd already cost them a football game in the playoffs a few years earlier missing a last second chip shot vs the same Jets.

Fans blame the offense for not getting into the end zone, blame Cromartie for shying away from a tackle on the final drive, and blame the team in general, but Kaeding doesn't get near the hate as the one who shall not be named, despite having no bad weather excuses and it being his 2nd big playoff failure.

SuperBowl4 02-13-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 13415126)
A study in contrasts. In 2009 the Chargers went 13-3, had the #1 seed, and lost by 3 at home to the Jets in the divisional round when Nate Kaeding missed 3 field goals in perfect weather. But I can't ever recall hearing a single chargers fan blame Kaeding for that loss. And that was after he'd already cost them a football game in the playoffs a few years earlier missing a last second chip shot vs the same Jets.

Fans blame the offense for not getting into the end zone, blame Cromartie for shying away from a tackle on the final drive, and blame the team in general, but Kaeding doesn't get near the hate as the one who shall not be named, despite having no bad weather excuses and it being his 2nd big playoff failure.

maybe they both missed them on purpose?

Calcountry 02-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 13411919)
**** all kickers.

Jan Stenrud couldn't kick in the playoffs; Nick Lowery missed a fg that cost us a playoff game; he that shall not be named couldn't kick a PAT at the end of the season, and now Butkicker hit the upright in the playoffs. I knew at that moment we were doomed.

RollinWithMahomie 02-14-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 13415307)
Jan Stenrud couldn't kick in the playoffs; Nick Lowery missed a fg that cost us a playoff game; he that shall not be named couldn't kick a PAT at the end of the season, and now Butkicker hit the upright in the playoffs. I knew at that moment we were doomed.

a kicker curse, hmm 🤔 hadn't thought of it like that but you may be right. Let's hope with Mahomes these crucial games never come down to the foot of a kicker!

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-14-2018 01:13 AM

I was at this game. Miserably cold. I was 3 rows behind the Colts bench. Quinten Coryatt was giving jawing with the fans the entire game. Always felt we were going to win, it as a sad 4 hour ride home... In elliots defense, the ball had to feel like a rock. I don't think they kept them warm like they do kicking balls today.

Rausch 02-14-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13416296)
I was at this game. Miserably cold.

1ST time I got kicked out of the house.

I have refused to watch that kick. I didn't watch it that day and won't now.

When they decided to kick it I put a popcorn tin into the christmas tree and when it started to fall over I threw it in the kitchen.

My mom was coming home after working her 2nd job and that was that.

TEX 02-14-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13413327)
That piece of shit putting anything on the rest of the team is beyond the pale.

The defense held their squad to 10 points and 2 missed 46+yard field goals.

The offense put him in a position to at least tie the game 3 times from the middle of the 2nd quarter forward and he FAILED. He failed on a 35, 39, and a 42 yarder.

**** him and whatever altered perception of that game he has.

Exactly! The deal is, he already had MISSED the kick in his mind BEFORE he kicked it. His face had "MISS" all over it. You could see the fear in his eyes...Instead of living for the clutch moment, he choaked big time mentally. **** that guy. He should have been cut long before that game.

Rausch 02-14-2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinWithMahomie (Post 13416291)
a kicker curse, hmm 🤔 hadn't thought of it like that but you may be right. Let's hope with Mahomes these crucial games never come down to the foot of a kicker!

It's over.

Done.

It died last year.

Mahomes and Ass-kicker, MVP and our solid but un-named long snapper, will end it.

I'm over 40, jaded, cynical, and a grandfather of 7.

This is the most excited I've been since I was 15 and Montana opened at Tampa Bay....:)

CoMoChief 02-14-2018 07:01 AM

Not sure why everyone is bickering and fussing about who's to blame for the Chiefs epic playoff collapses when we all know Arrowhead was built on top of ancient native american sacred burial ceremonial grounds. Mahomes can put up 40pts in the playoffs, but if it's at home, you can bet your ass the opposing team will find a way to score 41.