ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs the kicker that shall go unnamed breaks 22 year silence in new interview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313870)

Stargazer 02-10-2018 05:17 PM

the kicker that shall go unnamed breaks 22 year silence in new interview

I know, I know, he's the "kicker that shall not be named" but I found this interview fascinating. He takes a fair share of the responsibility but also calls out DT and the offense for not making more plays.

Here's your therapy session:

https://youtu.be/Lxpkm-SkMI0

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-10-2018 05:26 PM

I turned it off after 3 seconds. I already know how it ends and it's not good.

Stargazer 02-10-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13411775)
I turned it off after 3 seconds. I already know how it ends and it's not good.

Giving it 3 seconds if the first step my friend!

stumppy 02-10-2018 05:30 PM

Don't care.

**** HIM!!!!!

BlackHelicopters 02-10-2018 05:32 PM

Get fisted.

displacedinMN 02-10-2018 05:35 PM

now that I know what he looks like-I can punch him when I see him.

Otter 02-10-2018 05:37 PM

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Deberg_1990 02-10-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer (Post 13411760)
I know, I know, he's the "kicker that shall not be named" but I found this interview fascinating. He takes a fair share of the responsibility but also calls out DT and the offense for not making more plays.

Well, he’s not wrong. The offense absolutely should have made more plays. So the game didn’t have to come down to his weak ass.

BlackHelicopters 02-10-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13411800)

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2018 06:05 PM

Bono set up Lin Elliot to fail.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2018 06:07 PM

It was deathly cold that day. Kicking field goals was really, really hard. The Colts kicker was 1 out of 3.

I blame Bono more than I blame Lin.

lcarus 02-10-2018 06:37 PM

We weren't good enough that year. I was only 12 that year, and even then I remember thinking our offense sucked too much to actually win the Super Bowl.

mnchiefsguy 02-10-2018 06:44 PM

**** him.

gblowfish 02-10-2018 06:46 PM

He can fist himself with barbed wire.

MMXcalibur 02-10-2018 06:51 PM

**** all kickers.

gblowfish 02-10-2018 06:52 PM

Oh, and **** his revisionist history. He had the yips starting in December that year, and just pissed himself in that game. And I'll never get the feeling back in my toes, either.

MahiMike 02-10-2018 07:20 PM

Dude was kicking frozen cinder blocks out there. I blame Marty all the way.

Kman34 02-10-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13411925)
Oh, and **** his revisionist history. He had the yips starting in December that year, and just pissed himself in that game. And I'll never get the feeling back in my toes, either.

Yeah and **** Marty and Peterson for not replacing him when he started missing extra points at the end of the season.....

Al Bundy 02-10-2018 09:02 PM

I remember the Monday after that game. I had about 30 people trying to return Chiefs stuff to my store and sold most of the Colts stuff I had left over from the previous 2 seasons.

loochy 02-10-2018 09:02 PM

I cried at the end of that game. That is the only time I cried out of sadness at a sport (I cried out of joy when the Mavs won).

I was only 13.....

....but FU dude...seriously

displacedinMN 02-10-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13412102)
I cried at the end of that game. That is the only time I cried out of sadness at a sport (I cried out of joy when the Mavs won).

I was only 13.....

....but FU dude...seriously

I think I cried too. I was not 13

Al Bundy 02-10-2018 09:23 PM

That 95 Chiefs team paid for my retirement.

Baby Lee 02-10-2018 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Perfect weather for running, freezing cold, wind blowing everywhere.

Marty decides for once in his life to try to pass all over the yard.

And don't forget, nevertheless, Lake Dawson had both hands on the ball in the endzone on the play before the final miss.

Maybe we'll finally find the QB who throws passes that WRs are incapable of dropping.

big nasty kcnut 02-10-2018 10:29 PM

No just **** him! Everybody else was good he ****ing sucks!

milkman 02-10-2018 10:31 PM

I have never blamed the kicker that shall go unnamed.

That loss, as every playoff loss in those years fall squarely on Marty's shoulders.

Elliot was just a symptom of that disease.

Oh, and **** the pussies that can't handle that name and the word filter.

lcarus 02-10-2018 11:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1MvWIKcznVA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2018 11:22 PM

That throw was off the mark.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2018 11:32 PM

Yeah blame the WR who barely had a sack lunch in the NFL and for not making a highlight-reel catch in a playoff game...that would have gone down as "The Catch II"...if it had actually happened.

Blame him for that one "drop" when Bono was chucking up ducks all night.

Give me a ****ing break. That's like blaming Louie Aguiar for not getting the first down on that fake FG in '97 when in actuality Grbac had a giant chicken-bone stuck in his throat at the end...and there were four or five drops in that playoff game, too.

Drops my ass...drop your game manager off a cliff, please.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2018 11:35 PM

Absolutely the shit QB play. That wasn't a drop. Just because a guy gets fingertips on a ball, doesn't make it a drop. Infuriating.

Baby Lee 02-11-2018 12:31 AM

Anyone want to tell the Welcher that Gannon threw that pass?

Or that the commentators paused the telestrator like 5 times in that 45 seconds to remark on how good a throw it was.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-11-2018 01:18 AM

It doesn't matter if he was kicking into a wind three times stronger than the storms of Jupiter, he should have been on the field. He should have been cut the moment he missed an XP for the second straight week against Miami, where his kicking performance single-handedly cost the Chiefs that game (Missed FG led to a 4th down and goal attempt down thirteen when an earlier FG would have allowed a chip shot FG to bring it within a TD, followed by another missed XP).

GloryDayz 02-11-2018 07:01 AM

He can kiss my ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Eleazar 02-11-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13412234)

Or that the commentators paused the telestrator like 5 times in that 45 seconds to remark on how good a throw it was.

No.. no one should tell Welcher anything.

crayzkirk 02-11-2018 08:38 AM

I remember the game pretty well; at a party within ear shot of the stadium. First half had Marcus Allen running pretty well and the second half consisted of passes down the frozen sideline. When it came down to the end of the game, we knew he would redeem himself and make the kick. After the miss, none of us has felt the same about the Chiefs.

Broncos, Colts, Patriots, Steelers... It didn't matter how good the Chiefs were in the regular season, they would always find a way to fall apart in the playoffs.

Nice that the Chiefs have finally decided to do it the easy way... Get the QB and build the team around him.

notorious 02-11-2018 08:55 AM

I had just turned 17. If I knew then what I know now I would have given up right there.

B_Ambuehl 02-11-2018 08:57 AM

Why do you'll blame the kicker that shall go unnamed when you had Nick Lowery and ran him out of town? Blame Carl, Marty, or whoever made that move, not the guy that replaced him.

It doesn't take a genius to understand if you're gonna play Martyball you're not gonna score many TDs and FGs are gonna be at a premium.

I grew up in TX and wasn't a chiefs fan until later on. In 1988-89 my local paper had fantasy football for the first time ever. Nick Lowery was my kicker. He was straight up MONEY. He won me several weeks.

Red Dawg 02-11-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13412317)
I had just turned 17. If I knew then what I know now I would have given up right there.

We are Marines. We don't quit. Grunts can take anything.

redfan 02-11-2018 09:11 AM

It's nice to see that everybody's gotten over that season. It's cleansing to move on.

RippedmyFlesh 02-11-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13412240)
It doesn't matter if he was kicking into a wind three times stronger than the storms of Jupiter, he should have been on the field. He should have been cut the moment he missed an XP for the second straight week against Miami, where his kicking performance single-handedly cost the Chiefs that game (Missed FG led to a 4th down and goal attempt down thirteen when an earlier FG would have allowed a chip shot FG to bring it within a TD, followed by another missed XP).

You are right he should never have been on the field. But the issue is playing scared and having the kicker be such an important role. I want to not care about having a good fg kicker because my team will take care of business instead of playing scared which is the common thread for chief's fans misery.

Baby Lee 02-11-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 13412341)
You are right he should never have been on the field. But the issue is playing scared and having the kicker be such an important role. I want to not care about having a good fg kicker because my team will take care of business instead of playing scared which is the common thread for chief's fans misery.

They didn't play 'scared.' They played stupid for the conditions.

Marty chose that day to be Reid before Reid. -20 degrees, swirling winds, . . . they'll never expect our noodle-armed QB to pass all over the yard, since he hasn't had to all season, and he's pure coastal wussy-boy. So what if Marcus is at peak Marcus? Let Bono's freak flag FLY!!!

Baby Lee 02-11-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 13412333)
It's nice to see that everybody's gotten over that season. It's cleansing to move on.

It's not out of the blue. The kicker JUST gave his first interview in a long time.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13412234)

I still see that catch in my sleep. If he had made it, would it have sent the Chiefs on a multi year run? It was a desperation play, but damn... so close.

Instead, all I hear is that terrible commercial he did on the radio with his Mom.

"Hi Lake"!

TEX 02-11-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer (Post 13411760)

**** him FOREVER!

TEX 02-11-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13412240)

Exactly!!! That's exactly what Jimmy Johnson did to him...

You CUT HIS SORRY ASS BEFORE YOU GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO KILL YOU DOWN THE ROAD. :shake:

Rasputin 02-11-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13412174)

That loss, as every playoff loss in those years fall squarely on Marty's shoulders.

All this. Len Elliot its not like saying Beatleguise three times

kcpasco 02-11-2018 10:18 AM

I’d say that throw was good considering the coverage. Stupid Marty for making Bono his starting qb and than making the same mistake with Grbac.

Deberg_1990 02-11-2018 10:21 AM

The irony of all this is that Lin has a Super Bowl ring with the Cowboys. LOL

Spott 02-11-2018 01:21 PM

I would kill that dude in front of his family if I ever saw him in public.

BlackHelicopters 02-11-2018 01:23 PM

Get fisted

007 02-11-2018 04:56 PM

the kicker that shall go unnamedt the kicker that shall go unnamedt the kicker that shall go unnamedt

Yeah its time to drop the filter

007 02-11-2018 05:00 PM

Lindley Frankthe kicker that shall go unnamedt Jr.

Lin. Elliott.

Frazod 02-11-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13412645)
I would kill that dude in front of his family if I ever saw him in public.

LMAO

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/73/732b0...b40adc271e.jpg

Rain Man 02-11-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13412205)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1MvWIKcznVA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How the heck did he drop that? That hurts to see even now.

otherstar 02-11-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13412174)

Thank you! I was there and I never blamed Elliot either. The offense was piss-poor that day....especially Bono. It was also the wrong day to get pass-happy in the second half when we'd been running well in first half. We had freaking Marcus Allen on the team and didn't use him properly in the second half...that is all on Marty.

KranzDictum 02-11-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13411851)
Bono set up the kicker that shall go unnamed to fail.

Steve Bono, the 2nd of 3 SF castoff QB's you guys traded for Clay.

EPIC

Hammock Parties 02-11-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KranzDictum (Post 13412997)
Steve Bono, the 2nd of 3 SF castoff QB's you guys traded for Clay.

EPIC

Cassel was from the west coast, too.

Land of cucks.

RollinWithMahomie 02-12-2018 12:40 AM

22 years since this game I've gained some perspective and put more blame on bono and the offense. As an 11 year old kid I followed the crowd and blamed the kicker. I like how they said it's time to start the healing process and I thought this was really interesting, enlightening, and awesome interview! ... having said that... damn I wish he would have made at least 1 of those damn kicks! Haha

Mephistopheles Janx 02-12-2018 12:58 AM

That piece of shit putting anything on the rest of the team is beyond the pale.

The defense held their squad to 10 points and 2 missed 46+yard field goals.

The offense put him in a position to at least tie the game 3 times from the middle of the 2nd quarter forward and he FAILED. He failed on a 35, 39, and a 42 yarder.

**** him and whatever altered perception of that game he has.

BlackHelicopters 02-12-2018 10:28 AM

Lin
Get fisted

Al Bundy 02-12-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13411800)

When you're in hell, I hope you have to re-watch that game for eternity.

RollinWithMahomie 02-12-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13413327)

The offense put him in a position to at least tie the game 3 times from the middle of the 2nd quarter forward and he FAILED. He failed on a 35, 39, and a 42 yarder.

Or I don't know Steve Bono could have not thrown 3 ints and they could have scored a td but I know that's too much to ask against the 9-7 Colts.

lcarus 02-12-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13412216)
Yeah blame the WR who barely had a sack lunch in the NFL and for not making a highlight-reel catch in a playoff game...that would have gone down as "The Catch II"...if it had actually happened.

Blame him for that one "drop" when Bono was chucking up ducks all night.

Give me a ****ing break. That's like blaming Louie Aguiar for not getting the first down on that fake FG in '97 when in actuality Grbac had a giant chicken-bone stuck in his throat at the end...and there were four or five drops in that playoff game, too.

Drops my ass...drop your game manager off a cliff, please.

I just posted that because it was all I could find on that game and I had forgotten all about that play. It was a shit throw. Still...that was fail all around. It's the playoffs and the ball hits your hands. Catch the ****ing thing.

TimeForWasp 02-13-2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinWithMahomie (Post 13413323)
22 years since this game I've gained some perspective and put more blame on bono and the offense. As an 11 year old kid I followed the crowd and blamed the kicker. I like how they said it's time to start the healing process and I thought this was really interesting, enlightening, and awesome interview! ... having said that... damn I wish he would have made at least 1 of those damn kicks! Haha

I like the way you think. We need to forgive Lin Elliott to exorcise our demons.

TimeForWasp 02-13-2018 06:07 AM

Lindley Franklin Elliott Jr.

SuperBowl4 02-13-2018 09:34 AM

I knew there was a reason the Cowboys waived him! Bottom line is the CHIEFS got exactly what they deserved when they went cheap instead of paying Nick Lowery his salary and asking NL to take a pay cut. I bet Nick would have made those kicks in that playoff game. Carl Peterson blew it.

BlackHelicopters 02-13-2018 10:52 AM

Get fisted

B_Ambuehl 02-13-2018 10:58 AM

A study in contrasts. In 2009 the Chargers went 13-3, had the #1 seed, and lost by 3 at home to the Jets in the divisional round when Nate Kaeding missed 3 field goals in perfect weather. But I can't ever recall hearing a single chargers fan blame Kaeding for that loss. And that was after he'd already cost them a football game in the playoffs a few years earlier missing a last second chip shot vs the same Jets.

Fans blame the offense for not getting into the end zone, blame Cromartie for shying away from a tackle on the final drive, and blame the team in general, but Kaeding doesn't get near the hate as the one who shall not be named, despite having no bad weather excuses and it being his 2nd big playoff failure.

SuperBowl4 02-13-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 13415126)
A study in contrasts. In 2009 the Chargers went 13-3, had the #1 seed, and lost by 3 at home to the Jets in the divisional round when Nate Kaeding missed 3 field goals in perfect weather. But I can't ever recall hearing a single chargers fan blame Kaeding for that loss. And that was after he'd already cost them a football game in the playoffs a few years earlier missing a last second chip shot vs the same Jets.

Fans blame the offense for not getting into the end zone, blame Cromartie for shying away from a tackle on the final drive, and blame the team in general, but Kaeding doesn't get near the hate as the one who shall not be named, despite having no bad weather excuses and it being his 2nd big playoff failure.

maybe they both missed them on purpose?

Calcountry 02-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 13411919)
**** all kickers.

Jan Stenrud couldn't kick in the playoffs; Nick Lowery missed a fg that cost us a playoff game; he that shall not be named couldn't kick a PAT at the end of the season, and now Butkicker hit the upright in the playoffs. I knew at that moment we were doomed.

RollinWithMahomie 02-14-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 13415307)
Jan Stenrud couldn't kick in the playoffs; Nick Lowery missed a fg that cost us a playoff game; he that shall not be named couldn't kick a PAT at the end of the season, and now Butkicker hit the upright in the playoffs. I knew at that moment we were doomed.

a kicker curse, hmm 🤔 hadn't thought of it like that but you may be right. Let's hope with Mahomes these crucial games never come down to the foot of a kicker!

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-14-2018 01:13 AM

I was at this game. Miserably cold. I was 3 rows behind the Colts bench. Quinten Coryatt was giving jawing with the fans the entire game. Always felt we were going to win, it as a sad 4 hour ride home... In elliots defense, the ball had to feel like a rock. I don't think they kept them warm like they do kicking balls today.

Rausch 02-14-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13416296)
I was at this game. Miserably cold.

1ST time I got kicked out of the house.

I have refused to watch that kick. I didn't watch it that day and won't now.

When they decided to kick it I put a popcorn tin into the christmas tree and when it started to fall over I threw it in the kitchen.

My mom was coming home after working her 2nd job and that was that.

TEX 02-14-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13413327)

Exactly! The deal is, he already had MISSED the kick in his mind BEFORE he kicked it. His face had "MISS" all over it. You could see the fear in his eyes...Instead of living for the clutch moment, he choaked big time mentally. **** that guy. He should have been cut long before that game.

Rausch 02-14-2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinWithMahomie (Post 13416291)
a kicker curse, hmm 🤔 hadn't thought of it like that but you may be right. Let's hope with Mahomes these crucial games never come down to the foot of a kicker!

It's over.

Done.

It died last year.

Mahomes and Ass-kicker, MVP and our solid but un-named long snapper, will end it.

I'm over 40, jaded, cynical, and a grandfather of 7.

This is the most excited I've been since I was 15 and Montana opened at Tampa Bay....:)

CoMoChief 02-14-2018 07:01 AM

Not sure why everyone is bickering and fussing about who's to blame for the Chiefs epic playoff collapses when we all know Arrowhead was built on top of ancient native american sacred burial ceremonial grounds. Mahomes can put up 40pts in the playoffs, but if it's at home, you can bet your ass the opposing team will find a way to score 41.

RollinWithMahomie 02-14-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 13414870)
I like the way you think. We need to forgive the kicker that shall go unnamedt to exorcise our demons.

Absolutely what do we have to lose?

Passepartout 02-14-2018 07:10 PM

Well at least he broke his silence. Time to move on. Forgive and forget.

Flying High D 02-14-2018 07:55 PM

Someone needs to tell him Oakland has an opening.

EPodolak 02-14-2018 08:27 PM

Could see in his eyes when he came on the field that day, he knew he would choke.

Flying High D 02-14-2018 10:31 PM

Bring him in to kick the tires.