ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Questions about Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318739)

loochy 11-09-2018 09:41 AM

Questions about Arrowhead

Hey folks, It's been a LONG time since I've been to Arrowhead, but I'll be at the Cardinals stomping session on Sunday.

I'm wondering how long are the lines to get into the stadium where they scan your tickets and do the metal detectors?

Also, my ticket says "Entry Gate: Community America /Field Level". That's the gate on the southwest side of the stadium, right?

I ask because at the last Cowboys game we went to we had to wait in line for an entire hour in one line, only to be turned away and told to go to another gate, where we had to wait another 45 minutes. We missed the kickoff and a good portion of the first half. How do things flow at Arrowhead?
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red 11-09-2018 09:45 AM

http://i63.tinypic.com/6j0x0z.jpg

Naptown Chief 11-09-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13880016)
Hey folks, It's been a LONG time since I've been to Arrowhead, but I'll be at the Cardinals stomping session on Sunday.

I'm wondering how long are the lines to get into the stadium where they scan your tickets and do the metal detectors?

Also, my ticket says "Entry Gate: Community America /Field Level". That's the gate on the southwest side of the stadium, right?

I ask because at the last Cowboys game we went to we had to wait in line for an entire hour in one line, only to be turned away and told to go to another gate, where we had to wait another 45 minutes. We missed the kickoff and a good portion of the first half. How do things flow at Arrowhead?
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't answer your question, as I've never been, but I'd have been furious man. Hopefully it'll be a smoother and more pleasant experience this go around

Simply Red 11-09-2018 09:46 AM

Just go in the stadium early, hun.

loochy 11-09-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13880018)

HI!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 11-09-2018 09:50 AM

We’re going Sunday. Plan on going into the stadium when the gates open and catch some shops and pregame stuff.

loochy 11-09-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13880021)
I can't answer your question, as I've never been, but I'd have been furious man. Hopefully it'll be a smoother and more pleasant experience this go around

I WAS furious after spending about $2000 for the four of us. I seriously thought about just walking in, but that surely wouldn't have gone over well. I don't get why they just wouldn't let us in so we could walk around to our seats.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 11-09-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13880030)
We’re going Sunday. Plan on going into the stadium when the gates open and catch some shops and pregame stuff.

Yeah, since it'll be cold as balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefBlueCFC 11-09-2018 09:54 AM

The last few times I have gone to games it has taken about 30 minutes to get into the stadium. But if you need to find a specific gate I would go up and find your gate early (possibly even before gates open if you plan on tailgating).

Enjoy the game!

carcosa 11-09-2018 09:55 AM

Do they have Dr Pepper and/or Cherry Coke

loochy 11-09-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13880040)
Do they have Dr Pepper and/or Cherry Coke

Dr. Thunder and Sam's Choice
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 11-09-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13880037)
The last few times I have gone to games it has taken about 30 minutes to get into the stadium. But if you need to find a specific gate I would go up and find your gate early (possibly even before gates open if you plan on tailgating).<br />
<br />
Enjoy the game!

<br />
<br />
Good idea. It'll be no problem to take a drive around tonight or tomorrow since we're staying at the Drury across the street. We don't know anyone there, so it looks like no tailgating for us.

Reerun_KC 11-09-2018 10:00 AM

We’re gonna get to parking as soon as the gates open.

Stinger 11-09-2018 10:02 AM

You can enter at pretty much any gate. Lines are longer the closer you get to kickoff, plan on avg of 20-25 min to get through line at peak times. Go in a little early if you have not been there in a while and check out the Hall of Fame section on the main concourse below. Easy 30 - 45 minutes going through.

loochy 11-09-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 13880053)
You can enter at pretty much any gate. Lines are longer the closer you get to kickoff, plan on avg of 20-25 min to get through line at peak times. Go in a little early if you have not been there in a while and check out the Hall of Fame section on the main concourse below. Easy 30 - 45 minutes going through.

Yeah, I planned on going and checking out the HOF stuff.

So you can go in any gate and they don't kick you out? Man, F Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.
Posted via Mobile Device