ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hypothetical: NBC just called, and... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105928)

Rain Man 12-07-2004 06:14 PM

Hypothetical: NBC just called, and...

...they love your work on chiefsplanet and want you to have your own TV show. They'd like to hear your pitch for the type of show you'd like to do - sitcom, drama, talk, variety, etc. - the setting of the show, the main characters, and how you would cast yourself in the lead role. If they like it, there's a seven-figure salary in it for you.

On your mark, get set, go.

Skip Towne 12-07-2004 06:17 PM

No thanks, I already have a job.

big nasty kcnut 12-07-2004 06:17 PM

A show about something what i have no idea.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 06:18 PM

I get into a car accident. The guy that hit me doesn't have any insurance. So the judge sentences him to be my butler.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2004 06:21 PM

A Cheers-type show, except it's set in a men's restroom.

The stars:

GoChiefs
Phobia
Skip Towne
Slayer Diablo
Iowanian
Rain Man

Hammock Parties 12-07-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut

kcnut IS "The Rent-A-Center Bandit."

Bob Dole 12-07-2004 06:22 PM

You notice how NBC waited until Phobia was away before they placed the call?

tk13 12-07-2004 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName
A Cheers-type show, except it's set in a men's restroom.

The stars:

GoChiefs
Phobia
Skip Towne
Slayer Diablo
Iowanian
Rain Man

This is NBC, not Bravo.

Rain Man 12-07-2004 06:25 PM

I'd go with a sitcom format myself.

I'd be a guy with a job procuring strange things for rich people, which require me to travel the world and do things like talk native villagers into giving up their sacred totem pole for a rich client, and stealing it if I can't buy it. I'd have an offbeat assistant who keeps in contact with me by phone and insists on booking me in the cheapest hotel rooms possible, and I'd hang out a lot with the flight crew of a Northwest Airlines jet that I keep finding myself on, which would include a pilot with Vietnam flashbacks and a beautiful stewardess who is my on-again, off-again love interest when she's not tormenting passengers. Another recurring character would be an Arab guy who's always on my flight that other passengers are afraid to sit next to. I think he would be a pharmaceutical salesman. The copilot would be Vietnamese.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2004 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
I get into a car accident. The guy that hit me doesn't have any insurance. So the judge sentences him to be my butler.

Did you steal the raisins?

Eleazar 12-07-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut

Thank you for your contribution.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Did you steal the raisins?

Let me give you a word of advice. O.K.? I want you to stay away from me. I don't wanna talk to you, and I don't wanna hear anymore of your stupid little notes and suggestions. I don't like you. So if you got any other problems whether it's raisins, prunes, figs, or any other dried fruit, just keep it to yourself and stay out of my way, O.K.?

Saulbadguy 12-07-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

Let me give you a word of advice. O.K.? I want you to stay away from me. I don't wanna talk to you, and I don't wanna hear anymore of your stupid little notes and suggestions. I don't like you. So if you got any other problems whether it's raisins, prunes, figs, or any other dried fruit, just keep it to yourself and stay out of my way, O.K.?

O...kay. Anytime you want to talk about the raisins, the door to my office is open. I don't even have an office, what am I talking about? hahaha....

:shrug:

Eleazar 12-07-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Bob Dole 12-07-2004 06:41 PM

WTF is going on here?

Everyone knows that dried fruit is the universal language of peace.