ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Slowly, but surely... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122139)

luv 08-21-2005 10:03 PM

Slowly, but surely...

...I am learning more about football. I know most of the calls, how scoring is done, etc. But my poor dad. For about 2 hours of the ride home last night, I asked question after question after question.

I learned about how the formation of offense goes, and who does what.
Center, guards, tackles, tight ends, split ends, QB, RB, and WR.

I learned about the defensive formation too! Defensive tackles, defensive ends, LB, safeties, and cornerbacks.

And I noticed there was a group that came out between the offense going out and the defense coming in that comes out for punts and stuff. I learned those are special teams.

I even know more about what position who plays on the team.

I think I about drove him nuts...lol. He got a call and was like, "No, I'm glad you called. My daughter's grilling me about football. Now I can take a break from answering questions."

I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there.

chefsos 08-21-2005 10:06 PM

He may grumble, because it's required per the Dad handbook, but trust me, he loves every minute of it.

luv 08-21-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos
He may grumble, because it's required per the Dad handbook, but trust me, he loves every minute of it.

Yeah, I know it.

I think I started off the questioning by asking if everyone who plays offense were considered offensive linemen. He looked at me, and I think he knew then what he was in for. lol

jspchief 08-21-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Yep. At least you're not asking him about that "not so fresh feeling". :)

tommykat 08-21-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

I'm sure he did~ ;)

TheNextStep 08-21-2005 10:13 PM

You may hate the suggestion, but if you're a football neophyte who is trying to hang with long time, no-shit fans, picking up Howie Long's "Football for Dummies" couldn't hurt...

morphius 08-21-2005 10:15 PM

My wife always is angry about stuff that is perfectly legal, and then gets mad when I tell her that is not the way it is, and then I get mad because she is mad about something so stupid. Its a viscious circle.

luv 08-21-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextStep
You may hate the suggestion, but if you're a football neophyte who is trying to hang with long time, no-shit fans, picking up Howie Long's "Football for Dummies" couldn't hurt...

Actually, I don't mind the suggestion. One of the things I hate the most is when I feel like an idiot. I would rather take the preventative measures like that in order not to do so. I am a Chiefs fan. I enjoy posting on here. I just want to be able to keep up and contribute. So thanks!

onescrewleftuntwisted 08-21-2005 10:51 PM

i learned all i needed about football, by playing football, and when i need to brush up play madden for a while

Hammock Parties 08-22-2005 05:47 AM

MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!

luv 08-22-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!

What?

David. 08-22-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Yep. At least you're not asking him about that "not so fresh feeling". :)

ROFL

KC Dan 08-22-2005 11:32 AM

So, who's teaching you dad about football? hehehe

Rain Man 08-22-2005 11:38 AM

I think the most unusual rule in football is the rule that says that in the last two minutes of a tie game, you can choose to attempt an undefended 50-yard field goal if your biggest player can knock over the other team's biggest player during a timeout.

Hammock Parties 08-22-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
What?

That's my evil genius laugh.