ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Richmond, Missouri What's there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131344)

Hog Rider 12-15-2005 05:59 PM

Richmond, Missouri What's there?

I'm driving in the morning from central Illinois to Richmond for family Christmas at my cousin's new home. I'll be there Fri. and Sat. nite. Stayin' at a Super 8 I believe.

Are there any sports bars or bars in general in that town?

Thanks, gotta start packing and gettin' sh*t done.

JP

4th and Long 12-15-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J P Hedden
I'm driving in the morning from central Illinois to Richmond for family Christmas at my cousin's new home. I'll be there Fri. and Sat. nite. Stayin' at a Super 8 I believe.

Are there any sports bars or bars in general in that town?

Thanks, gotta start packing and gettin' sh*t done.

JP

There is nothing in Richmond. No sports bars. Nothing. You'll be in a barren wasteland of a town.

Have fun.

wutamess 12-15-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
There is nothing in Richmond. No sports bars. Nothing. You'll be in a barren wasteland of a town.

Have fun.

Contrare mofrare (sp?)

There's a Missouri river boat launch there and you can catch some nice drum & catfish off the ramp & some bigger one from a boat if you're lucky.

:thumb: glad I could help.

ChiefsFire 12-15-2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
Contrare mofrare (sp?)

There's a Missouri river boat launch there and you can catch some nice drum & catfish off the ramp & some bigger one from a boat if you're lucky.

dude

he just called you a mofrare....

Bob Dole 12-15-2005 06:25 PM

Ermagene Westfall has a kick-ass cookie jar collection. (At least she used to have one of the most comprehensive in the world.)

JBucc 12-15-2005 06:25 PM

some stuff probably

chiefsfaninNC 12-15-2005 06:26 PM

Damn the French! We should have let the Germans keep em.

4th and Long 12-15-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Contrare mofrare (sp?)

And that has what to do exactly with J P Hedden looking for a sports bar in Richmond?

Hog Rider 12-15-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Contrare mofrare (sp?)

So this "Drum and Catfish" is a mini-brewery beer, and they keep them cold in the river.
:hmmm:
I'll bring my ax to cut a hole and pull out a cold one! Is "Bigger One" there premium brew?
ROFL
I'll bring my skates too!

Skip Towne 12-15-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J P Hedden
So this "Drum and Catfish" is a mini-brewery beer, and they keep them cold in the river.
:hmmm:
I'll bring my ax to cut a hole and pull out a cold one! Is "Bigger One" there premium brew?
ROFL
I'll bring my skates too!

No, a Drum is a fish like a Carp. We call them Sewer Bass over here.

PastorMikH 12-15-2005 07:53 PM

There's lots to do - they have a Walmart Supercenter there!

I lived about 15 miles north of there for 4 years in the mid 90s. It's not too bad of a drive (45 minutes or so) on into the city to catch some of the Planeteers for dinner and such.

Halfcan 12-15-2005 07:56 PM

Some good crack houses there, and some tootheless fat ho's-sorry I was thinking of Denver.

Hog Rider 12-15-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

We've got that Asian f'n carp or some such thing in the Illinois Riv. now.

The Biatches are like a six pound flying fish. They jump out of the water and into boats - They're knockin people silly. Water skiiers take their lives into their own hands with those things skyin' all over!

Dunit35 12-15-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

Yeah a junk fish. Never caught one but I have caught a carp before, a waist of bait. I have went with a few buddies while they were fishing with a bow, cant remember what thats called. They caught some big ass carp.

Hog Rider 12-15-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
There's lots to do - they have a Walmart Supercenter there!

I lived about 15 miles north of there for 4 years in the mid 90s. It's not too bad of a drive (45 minutes or so) on into the city to catch some of the Planeteers for dinner and such.

Walmart and a Super 8! D*mn, I'll bet Boomer would be proud.
I don't think Canton even has a Supercenter yet!

I have to drive to Leavenworth, KS first, then back to Richmond. So I'll be cuttin' across the north side around late rush hour Friday. Doubt if I'll have the time or desire to try to look up a Planeteer watering hole - unless it's on a close line between Leavenworth and Richmond.

At least I'll be watching the game with a few more Chiefs fans around the TV. Most of the Christmas doins should be over by kickoff.

Thanks all!

JP