ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Keyaron Fox (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135440)

RedThat 02-09-2006 12:35 PM

Keyaron Fox

Does anybody think this guy can be a starter? Honestly.

Im not as all concerned about our linebacking corps as I am on other areas of our defense, i.e., D-Line, and secondary. Mitchell and DJ were both solid last year, and had me sold.

However, I still have my concerns though about WLB. Bell was awful. And aside from Fox, that position appears to be thin. Barbers contract number for this year, and injury concern, possibly makes him a casuality to be cut. Bell will most likely get cut, especially after his performance this year, and the fact he is due a huge bonus in March.

So now, again, aside from Fox, who do we really have that can play WLB? Griffin is the only guy behind Fox. Nothing else.

We better hope Fox is good.

B_Ambuehl 02-09-2006 12:38 PM

The only time Bell should be playing OLB is when an opposing fullback is in the game. Fox would be an upgrade against any other personnel package.

jspchief 02-09-2006 12:56 PM

I don't think we get rid of both Barber and Bell. We've stuck with Barber this long, we're not going to make any hasty decisions with him.

My guess is Bell is gone March 1st. We go into training camp with Fox, Griffin, and Barber competing for the outside spot. If both Fox and Griffin appear to be recovered and progressing on the same scale as last year, then we let Barber go in early summer.

kaplin42 02-09-2006 12:59 PM

Some people seem to really like Fox and Griffin, but I hesitate to say that they are starting material. Other than last preseason what has either one shown us. I know Fox got injured for the season, but that makes me hesitate even more. I'm not saying they cant be, but I just dont think they are now. If in FA, we got a pass rushing D-Lineman and/or a solid WLB, I would be a happy man.

P.S. Thank you MODS for changing me back!!!

htismaqe 02-09-2006 01:00 PM

JSP stole my response. :D

DeepSouth 02-09-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42
Other than last preseason what has either one shown us.

Fox did beat up Beisel last year.

Dunit35 02-09-2006 01:02 PM

Bell will probably be gone. I wish he would take a paycut or something involving him not making so much money.

kaplin42 02-09-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth
Fox did beat up Beisel last year.

+1 for Fox!!

SLAG 02-09-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42
+1 for Fox!!

Barber Ending Gannons Career is a +10 in my book

nascher 02-09-2006 01:43 PM

Barber should be gone way before Bell !!!

htismaqe 02-09-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascher
Barber should be gone way before Bell !!!

Based solely on what they've done as a Chief, if Barber is a backup, Bell is the wa-wa-waterboy.

chefsos 02-09-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Barber Ending Gannons Career is a +10 in my book

Good gawd man, you sound like one of those "Lights Out" Sandy Eggo fans!

jlscorpio 02-09-2006 01:59 PM

I look for Fox to start and Griffin to come in on 3-4. Bell is G-O-N-E, Barber is iffy.

Fish 02-09-2006 02:04 PM

I think either Fox or Griffin could start. I think both have potential and a lot of youth on Barber.

I'm interested to see what becomes of Bell.... I don't want him around if he's making bonus money though..... he has in no way earned it.......

Chiefnj 02-09-2006 02:06 PM

The Chiefs now have a defensive head coach, the same DC and new assistant coaches. It's time to develop players on the roster. You can't build a team through free agency. You have to develop draft picks.