ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Scandal at MU? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139443)

Skip Towne 04-23-2006 08:38 AM

Scandal at MU?

I was just on the :KU: board and somebody said they read on Tigerboard that 3 basketball players and 5 football players stole some credit cards from a sorority house and used them. Anybody know anything about this?

beavis 04-23-2006 09:19 AM

Quit posting your wet dreams.

Skip Towne 04-23-2006 09:30 AM

Looks like Tigerboard is pulling all the articles on it. I think Ollie North is the webmaster over there.

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 09:34 AM

Fraud U fans pointing fingers? How precious.

Skip Towne 04-23-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You just hired a guy that was fired for his unsavory practices. Have you no shame?

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You just hired a guy that was fired for his unsavory practices. Have you no shame?

From the (long,long) list of violations that ocured over the last six years:

Quote:

It is alleged that from at least the 1997-98 to 2002-03 academic years, the institution
demonstrated a failure to exert appropriate institutional control and monitoring in the
conduct and administration of its athletics program in that (1) the institution failed to
create and maintain an atmosphere for compliance, (2) failed to report NCAA rules
violations, (3) failed to provide NCAA rules education to representatives of the
institution's athletics interests and graduate assistant football coaches and (4) failed to
monitor the activities of prospective student-athletes who lived on campus. Specifically:
What's great about this is that the NCAA will hold KU heads in the guillitine for 5 months before releasing the blade.

Glass houses for sure...

Skip Towne 04-23-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

From the (long,long) list of violations that ocured over the last six years:

What's great about this is that the NCAA will hold KU heads in the guillitine for 5 months before releasing the blade.

Glass houses for sure...

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, Farmer Fan

DJay23 04-23-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

If that's the case, no one has a right to say anything about anyone. What's the point in that?

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I wouldn't hold my breath on that, Farmer Fan

I'm not holding my breath.

I'm laughing my ass off at Fraud U fans.

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23
If that's the case, no one has a right to say anything about anyone. What's the point in that?

Welcome to the discussion.

DJay23 04-23-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the discussion.

Rarely is it a discussion when it concerns you and KU.

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23
Rarely is it a discussion when it concerns you and KU.

It's a rare day then. What would you like to discuss?

The long,long list of violations under your former Bball coach? Or the long list of violations that took place under your former football coach? Or maybe the long list of violations that have taken place under your current football coach? Or maybe the violations that taken place under your current basketball coach?

Or maybe you'd like to discuss the general 'lack of institutional control' demonstrated by the entire administration?

I'm game.

DJay23 04-23-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

It's a rare day then. What would you like to discuss?

The long,long list of violations under your former Bball coach? Or the long list of violations that took place under your former football coach? Or maybe the long list of violations that have taken place under your current football coach? Or maybe the violations that taken place under your current basketball coach?

Or maybe you'd like to discuss the general 'lack of institutional control' demonstrated by the entire administration?

I'm game.

There's a brick wall outside I'd much rather ram my forehead into. I think that would be more productive than discussion KU athletics with you William.

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2006 10:26 AM

Awww.. c'mon. It'll be ..... fun.

But you are right. It's a nice day to do something other than this.

irishjayhawk 04-23-2006 10:53 AM

Yes, our violations are really bad.

Larry Brown flying someone to a relatives' funeral.
Roy Williams giving them post-graduation gifts, after they've graduated and can't play NCAA ball anymore...

That's some big stuff...

Then there's the self check that Lew initiated that caught some things but the NCAA didn't get mad.