ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Official U.S. Open Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142310)

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 05:00 AM

***Official U.S. Open Thread***

Here's a head start on the thread of the most grueling test of golf in the world. Winged Foot is a beast, it could be like watching lambs thrown amongst a pack of coyotes and pent-up Kansas wheat farmers.

One more thought--If I ever build a golf course, I think I should name it Clubbed Foot.

007 06-15-2006 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Here's a head start on the thread of the most grueling test of golf in the world. Winged Foot is a beast, it could be like watching lambs thrown amongst a pack of coyotes and pent-up Kansas wheat farmers.

One more thought--If I ever build a golf course, I think I should name it Clubbed Foot.

Go Tiger. Win it for your dad on Fathers Day.

greg63 06-15-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Interesting name for a golf course.:hmmm:

SCTrojan 06-15-2006 05:59 AM

Gonna be a great weekend - U.S. Open, College World Series, Stanley Cup, Father's Day. Can ask for much more than that.

Go Tiger!

Bootlegged 06-15-2006 06:17 AM

Your 2006 winner, Jim Furyk.

Sam Hall 06-15-2006 07:47 AM

All I ask is that either Tiger or Mickelson is in the hunt on Sunday. Winged Foot looks like another grueling course. It won't be very watchable if those two aren't in contention.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 08:17 AM

I think I may hang myself if Furyk wins another open. He may be the most boring man alive. I'm sorry, but any man who has a topless Brittney Skye running at him to hand him a rose and just stands there like an offended puritan definitely deserves a place in the douchebag hall of fame.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ttney_Skye.JPG

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 08:19 AM

Mickelson drops a nuclear bomb slider from 35 feet to go to even par. Helluva putt. E through 9. -1 leads.

Bootlegged 06-15-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
Your 2006 winner, Jim Furyk.

He's now in the lead.

Demonpenz 06-15-2006 09:38 AM

you are with me leather

BWillie 06-15-2006 09:49 AM

I don't think Woods or Mickelson will win, this course does not favor long bombers who stray the ball even a little. I'd go with the field over those two. I'd love to see Woods get the win on fathers day though, what a story that would be. I wouldn't mind Furyk won too, he's a bald guy who has an ugly swing...like me. So I respect

Lurch 06-15-2006 10:05 AM

Golf? Isn't that the one they chase the little white ball around the pasture? It's kinda like soccer; only even more boring.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
He's now in the lead.

He's not -1 anymore. It's also Thursday, and Furyk isn't exactly a lethal closer.

Bootlegged 06-15-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

He's not -1 anymore. It's also Thursday, and Furyk isn't exactly a lethal closer.

So you are officially anti-Furyk?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
I don't think Woods or Mickelson will win, this course does not favor long bombers who stray the ball even a little. I'd go with the field over those two. I'd love to see Woods get the win on fathers day though, what a story that would be. I wouldn't mind Furyk won too, he's a bald guy who has an ugly swing...like me. So I respect

Furyk may be the world's ugliest man. He's got his one major...given the quality of his game I'd say that's a fairly accurate depiction of his ability.

Willie, I will say this...every course always favors long bombers if they have a good short game, which both of the aforementioned do. Given the up and downs Mickelson has made today, it would be hard to bet against him, as he had a subpar ball-striking round at best.