ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Man...some people. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143857)

Rain Man 07-17-2006 11:11 PM

Man...some people.

About three years ago, I needed some people to do some door to door surveys for a couple of weekends, and some woman got recommended to me. I brought her on - purely temporary - and she did fine.

She then applied for a job at my firm, but she didn't have any qualifications for what we do, and I kind of let her down easy on that.

Then, lo and behold, several months later I got a call from a large federal agency that she had applied to, and she had listed me as an employment reference. I was not impressed by that, but I told this other organization that she did some temporary work for me and she did a good job. I had nothing against the woman.

Fast forward a couple of years, and we submitted a proposal for a project with a local government. There was one other bidder, which was this large federal agency. (Don't even get me started on paying taxes so they can compete with me.) Anyway, they came in at about twice our price, and the client hired us. Apparently, this woman was pushing hard for her agency to get hired, even though she's a peon there.

The project lasted about a year, and we had our final presentation tonight. The client had informed me a few times that this woman had met with the elected officials at the client and had made disparaging remarks about my company and tried to get them to fire us. The client was not impressed, and basically thinks she's a crackpot.

So anyway, this woman showed up at the presentation tonight, and after we finished our presentation, she made a beeline for the elected officials, and right in front of me, started criticizing our work and trying to embarrass me.

So ... she's got a job that she obtained in part by listing me as a reference. We've paid her as a temp in the past, and I've never been anything but nice to this woman. And for an entire freaking year, she's been doing everything she can to damage my reputation, just out of self-interest and with no regard to me helping her. What an idiot. Some people are unbelievable.

I went up to her afterward, and said, "You remember me, right? You listed me as a reference to get this job. I've always been nice to you. What's your problem?" She just laughed and walked away.

I was ticked off, and it would be very easy to embarrass the living daylights out of this woman, and probably cost her her job. I don't think this agency would condone her behavior at all, because she's presenting herself as someone at a much higher level than she is. However, I cooled off on the way home, and recognized that she's nothing but a gnat. I think we're better off ignoring her and treating her like a person of no consequence.

Amazing how some people will make an enemy out of an ally for no reason.

It sure ticks me off, though.

Bugeater 07-17-2006 11:14 PM

Call her boss and tell him you caught her sleeping on the job.

Nzoner 07-17-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

It sure ticks me off, though.

Maybe you can find someone to throw chicken soup on her.

Spicy McHaggis 07-17-2006 11:15 PM

Get her number and the next time the homeless guy comes to throw soup at you, give it to him with a roll of quarters.

stevieray 07-17-2006 11:15 PM

What were you wearing?

j/k... I met a lot of "different" people while living in Denver, but that's pretty wierd.

Rain Man 07-17-2006 11:16 PM

Maybe I will start giving her address out to homeless people. If she wants to take stuff from me, let her take my homeless stalkers.

greg63 07-17-2006 11:17 PM

That kind of crap will come back to bite her in the butt one day. People like that is a pet peeve of mine as well.

PastorMikH 07-17-2006 11:18 PM

Pull out her resume/application and post her contact information here. I'm sure someone would have some fun with it - and you wouldn't even be linked to the activity.

:)

Phobia 07-17-2006 11:21 PM

Bowl of antifreeze?

Demonpenz 07-17-2006 11:30 PM

is murder still illegal?

greg63 07-17-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
is murder still illegal?

Eh; I think it's more or less just frowned upon now-a-days.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2006 11:33 PM

Hire someone to throw a bowl of soup at her head.

luv 07-18-2006 12:00 AM

People like that just make me burn under the collar. Taking advantage of someone's kindness whenever they didn't have to be kind to begin with. If she would have laughed and turned away from me, I might have to let her know just how much I didn't appreciate that. If I had any power over whether or not she was still employed, I'd give her a first class ticket to the unemployment office.........or just jump her in the parking lot.

chagrin 07-18-2006 06:45 AM

Obviously her beans ain't quite baked, you did your good deed already so next time you get a call about her, you know what to do.

Saulbadguy 07-18-2006 06:48 AM

2 words: Corporate Assassin.