ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are season tickets a ripoff?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169311)

Halfcan 09-05-2007 09:52 PM

Are season tickets a ripoff??

I dumped mine after 12 years of getting screwed over.

Glad I did.

Hammock Parties 09-05-2007 09:53 PM

If I was gonna buy season tickets I'd only get a 4-game package. I like watching games on TV surrounded by friends.

Save the money for playoff games.

Phobia 09-05-2007 09:54 PM

No, they're not a rip-off. They're great. Please buy them so I can buy them in the parking lot for $20.

Hammock Parties 09-05-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
No, they're not a rip-off. They're great. Please buy them so I can buy them in the parking lot for $20.

Are you serious?

Halfcan 09-05-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

ROFL

December is going to be even colder in Arrowhead if our season sucks. Could be lots of tickets available dirt cheap.

Halfcan 09-05-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Are you serious?

I went a preseason game free so far. I am way ahead if I still had my tickets.

Nzoner 09-05-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

I like watching games on TV surrounded by friends.

How would you know that?

Hammock Parties 09-05-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
ROFL

December is going to be even colder in Arrowhead if our season sucks. Could be lots of tickets available dirt cheap.

That's what I was definitely going to the home opener this year. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
How would you know that?

I LOVE TO GET MY DRINK ON WIT TEH HOT WIMMENS

Silock 09-05-2007 10:01 PM

They wouldn't be a ripoff if the Chiefs had won a championship recently. But since it's been so long since even a single playoff win, yes, they're a ripoff.

Eleazar 09-05-2007 10:01 PM

I had one for a year, it's cool to get them, but it's so much easier to just pick up a ticket someplace to whichever games you want to go to, save your money on the preseason, and not be invested for hundreds if the season is tanked halfway through.

Phobia 09-05-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Are you serious?

Absolutely. The only time I pay face is when I want to sit by Nzoner. Otherwise I'll just go home. Beer is cheaper at my house anyway.

Hammock Parties 09-05-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Absolutely. The only time I pay face is when I want to sit by Nzoner. Otherwise I'll just go home. Beer is cheaper at my house anyway.

What sort of deals have you received from scalpers?

Halfcan 09-05-2007 10:05 PM

Last year I bought the cheapest ticket I could get and then just moved down to badass seats for the game.

Trick is to get a seat next to a hot chick while not being too far from the beer stand.

Nzoner 09-05-2007 10:05 PM

All in all as a season ticket holder for 10+ years they were not a rip-off,Sundays at Arrowhead were somethng I looked forward to all week.

Alas,I felt the only voice I had as a fan with my disappointment of the team was to just say no.I truly miss the tailgating more than anything and if it were possible to get back to my gameroom in time I'd show up to tailgate and then head home.

Eleazar 09-05-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

What sort of deals have you received from scalpers?

You can always get them below face.

I had an extra going into the MNF game against New England a couple years ago. One of those scalpers offered me $10 for it. I rejected it outright and he offered me $20 but wouldn't go any higher. I just ate the ticket on principle.