ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Raiders Courting Dale Carter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17166)

Marty McDonald 06-06-2001 08:30 AM

Raiders Courting Dale Carter

Fresh off the heels of signing father time at wide receiver, the Oakland Raiders are now turning their attention towards signing NFL-malcontent and former Chiefs cornerback Dale Carter. Carter, who is serving a 1-year suspension for substance abuse, is scheduled to be released by Denver in the coming days. The Raiders want to convert Carter to a safety, a position he was known to play during his college days. The Minnesota Vikings are expected to pursue Carter upon his release.

--From a blip in the USA Today --print version-- on 6/6/01

bkkcoh 06-06-2001 08:41 AM

Let him go to the raiders, I am sure his attitude will be to their, I mean our, benefit..:D

htismaqe 06-06-2001 09:21 AM

I can't wait to see Dale Snorter get smoked by Gonzo coming down the middle...he's too small to play safety.

They could put him at corner. DA, Sly, and Snoop will have fun during every other play, when Dale let's his guard down and gets burnt deep...

Mile High Mania 06-06-2001 09:22 AM

This would make me very happy....

Logical 06-06-2001 09:24 AM

MHM,

I can top that,

This would make me verrry, verry, very happy!

htismaqe 06-06-2001 09:26 AM

Honestly, this is pathetic. Has Big Gay Al learned nothing from his signing of, say, Larry Brown?

Has he learned nothing from watching the 49'ers of the last few years, or the Redskins of last year?

He's loading up on aging big-name vets that have likely outlived their usefullness and basically making a legitimate Super Bowl contender into a hodge-podge of has-beens...

If I were a Raider fan, I'd be sick about this one...

Mile High Mania 06-06-2001 09:56 AM

Yeah, but if you were a Raider fan, you would (a) be stupid and (b) used to this type of signing. hahaha

htismaqe 06-06-2001 10:26 AM

true...true...

58Forever 06-06-2001 10:30 AM

While he'd fit right in with the Bad Boy Raiders image...I think he'd be doing himself a favor if he went to Minnesota...playing with his brother might give him some stability...although, if he played with the Raiders, we could count on at least 2 or 3 costly penalties against him that probably would lose the game for Oakland...on second thought, let him play with the Raiders...:D

bkkcoh 06-06-2001 10:32 AM

Definitely a Catch 22 on the Carter, Raider or Viking?

I agree, it would be nice to count on 1 or 2 key penalties a game from him..

BIG_DADDY 06-06-2001 11:29 AM

Perfect. He can be reunited with his buddy Rison. They can chalk up some gaggers together and bring down the others.

Pitt Gorilla 06-06-2001 12:24 PM

Hey, MHM,
What was the deal with Archembeau? Did he ever really play for you guys or was he a Raider-like "big name" for the sideline? I noticed he was realeased.

aturnis 06-06-2001 12:35 PM

Geez, who aren't the Raiders courting these days?!?! Oh, stupid question cuz I already have the answer...young talent who will help them in years to come, I guess they like to get a few mediocre years out of veteran has beens...its Washington all over again.

JimNasium 06-06-2001 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Punisher
I always thought we'd move Carter to safety when we had him also. He once had perfect skills for it. I don't know how much he has left in the tank now though.

Seems like something Hasty could do as well.

I don't think he has the ability to stop the run well enought to be an effective safety. I would love to see him try that little low shoulder Deion Sanders style tackle on T-Rich.

Mile High Mania 06-06-2001 02:32 PM

Regarging Archambeau.... I think they hoped he would be a starter, but he never panned out. I think he played sparingly as a backup.

Free Agency - you hit on some and you miss on some.