ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Which is the best Monty Python movie? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189870)

RealSNR 08-26-2008 12:37 AM

Which is the best Monty Python movie?

Choose carefully

Hammock Parties 08-26-2008 12:39 AM

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

FAX 08-26-2008 12:44 AM

Best in what way? Production value? Length? Calories?

FAX

Frazod 08-26-2008 12:51 AM

You forgot And Now For Something Completely Different.

FAIL.

RealSNR 08-26-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4946285)
You forgot And Now For Something Completely Different.

FAIL.

Are you saying that's their best movie?

Didn't think so.

I didn't include "Life of Python" in the list either

RealSNR 08-26-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4946277)
Best in what way? Production value? Length? Calories?

FAX

You can only choose one movie to watch the rest of your life and it's one of these three. Pick one.

ChiefJustice 08-26-2008 12:56 AM

This thread was over before it began...NI

Frazod 08-26-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 4946287)
Are you saying that's their best movie?

Didn't think so.

I didn't include "Life of Python" in the list either

I'd say it's better than Life of Brian or Meaning of Life. In any event, it should have been listed.

RealSNR 08-26-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4946293)
I'd say it's better than Life of Brian or Meaning of Life. In any event, it should have been listed.

BZZZT! WRONG!

Life of Brian is the best movie ever made. Thanks for playing, though.

Hammock Parties 08-26-2008 01:05 AM

The best thing about Holy Grail is that I still feel ripped off when it ends. It has stood the test of time.

Third Eye 08-26-2008 01:33 AM

While Life of Brian just might have the best humor, I had to vote for The Holy Grail for reasons of nostalgia.

Bit of trivia: did you know that sales of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon helped fund Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Jawshco 08-26-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 4946301)
BZZZT! WRONG!

Life of Brian is the best movie ever made. Thanks for playing, though.

I don't about the best movie ever made, but certainly it's the best Python movie. In fact, it's probably the only actual "movie" they made. The rest (including the Holy Grail) were just skits that were stitched together. Life of Brian was definitely the only cohesive story the Python's ever wrote together. I hate how people misunderstand it and say it's blasphemous. The point of the movie is basically that a lot of people are stupid, and are easily mislead. That's not blasphemous, that's the truth. Brian isn't trying to be Jesus, he's just caught in an awful mess...but does he whine about it? Nope, he always looks on the bright side of life. LOL! On a side note, I could have definitely gone my whole life without seeing the full frontal nudity of Graham Chapman (And while I'm on the topic-Tim Blake Nelson too, although that's a completely different movie).

ChiefJustice 08-26-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 4946334)
I don't about the best movie ever made, but certainly it's the best Python movie. In fact, it's probably the only actual "movie" they made. The rest (including the Holy Grail) were just skits that were stitched together. Life of Brian was definitely the only cohesive story the Python's ever wrote together. I hate how people misunderstand it and say it's blasphemous. The point of the movie is basically that a lot of people are stupid, and are easily mislead. That's not blasphemous, that's the truth. Brian isn't trying to be Jesus, he's just caught in an awful mess...but does he whine about it? Nope, he always looks on the bright side of life. LOL! On a side note, I could have definitely gone my whole life without seeing the full frontal nudity of Graham Chapman (And while I'm on the topic-Tim Blake Nelson too, although that's a completely different movie).

I fart in your general direction.

ClevelandBronco 08-26-2008 02:16 AM

For me, "Life of Brian," hands down.

Graham Chapman was born to play that role.

And for any fellow Christians who may have been offended, ask Jesus for a sense of humor.

triple 08-26-2008 04:18 AM

it is definitely not Meaning of Life.