ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Has anybody ever tried to sit through an entire episode of Boston Legal?... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197024)

mikey23545 11-19-2008 08:53 PM

Has anybody ever tried to sit through an entire episode of Boston Legal?...

...and if so, why?

BigRock 11-19-2008 09:14 PM

I saw some of it at somebody's house once. I didn't have a choice.

This teenager was accused of murder or something and his mom was played by Peggy Bundy. And the victim was this older woman that the kid had been banging, and I guess the woman looked kind of like his mom.

So it came out in testimony that he was obsessed with his mother, and spanked it to pictures of her sunbathing topless and a bunch of weird stuff like that. And I guess the theory was that the woman found out she looked like his mom and confronted him about it, and he killed her. Something like that.

Anyway, this was all shocking news to Peggy Bundy, that her son wanted her. But they ended up finding the kid not guilty. I think the real murderer was revealed, and the whole mom obsession thing had nothing to do with anything.

So Peggy and her son and the lawyer end up in a little room in the courthouse, getting ready to face the press after the trial. The lawyer left and Peggy talked to her son and reassured him that everything between them was okay. And then they started making out.

I haven't seen any of the show since, although I don't know why. That's a money angle right there.

Rain Man 11-19-2008 09:15 PM

Isn't that by that guy who basically has the same story lines in a bunch of different settings and cranks out multiple shows - people in a school, people in a law firm, etc.?

Over-Head 11-19-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5233789)
...and if so, why?

The hot blond "7 of 9"

Miles 11-19-2008 09:23 PM

It used to be pretty damn amusing which more than made up for its sometimes preachy content. At some point it started to become less humor and more dramatic, preachy plot lines which eventually got to where I couldn't take it anymore.

KCChiefsMan 11-19-2008 09:26 PM

nope

mikey23545 11-19-2008 09:29 PM

Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It <i>always</i> takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will <i>always</i> be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5233844)
Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It always takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will always be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

Take it to DC, dumbass.

mikey23545 11-19-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5233856)
Take it to DC, dumbass.

Go **** yourself.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5233861)
Go **** yourself.

WAAAHHHHHHHHHH

There's an entire forum for your slimy gray skinned conspiracy theories. Take it there and shut your r-tard trap.

Simply Red 11-19-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5233789)
...and if so, why?

ROFL

Simply Red 11-19-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5233856)
Take it to DC, dumbass.

Be careful 'Hamas', you're playing w/ fire.

Reaper16 11-19-2008 09:49 PM

Boston Legal ****ing rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a ****? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Its not what a show is about, its how a show is about. And Boston Legal mixes laughs with drama with topical issues with superb acting.

StcChief 11-19-2008 09:51 PM

The cigars and scotch scene on the deck is always good at the end :shrug:

Miles 11-19-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5233880)
Boston Legal ****ing rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a ****? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Its not what a show is about, its how a show is about. And Boston Legal mixes laughs with drama with topical issues with superb acting.

I watched it up through the first few episodes of last season. It was getting a little stale to me and a good chunk of the humor seemed to be missing. Did it improve over last season season or this season? Basically is it worth it for me to catch up?