ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jay Cutler=Ryan Leaf (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205146)

Chieftain58 04-01-2009 01:20 AM

Jay Cutler=Ryan Leaf

??? I bet this guy is out of the league after his next contract!

Miles 04-01-2009 01:22 AM

He isn't remotely comparable to Leaf.

Hootie 04-01-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5630663)

both d-bags

BWillie 04-01-2009 01:30 AM

I like Cutler. He sticks to his guns. He gave the coach a chance. Gave the GM a chance. A guy is only as good as his word and they didn't stick to their word. A man is as only good as their word. They lied to him, so he said hey, fuck you. I admire that. Kid has principles. Cutler is a good quarterback, probably better than Matt Cassell even.

Saccopoo 04-01-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5630669)
I like Cutler. Cutler is a good quarterback, probably better than Matt Cassell even.

Sure, if he could put up a positive W/L record and throw a ball that didn't go end over end. And not be a whiny puss. And not be a complete head case. (Chiefs SS Bernie Pollard stated that Cutler is easier to get into "the head" than any QB in the league and once that happens, a qb starts to force throws and makes bad decisions.)

Miles 04-01-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccogoo (Post 5630671)
Sure, if he could put up a positive W/L record and throw a ball that didn't go end over end. And not be a whiny puss. And not be a complete head case. (Chiefs SS Bernie Pollard stated that Cutler is easier to get into "the head" than any QB in the league and once that happens, a qb starts to force throws and makes bad decisions.)

He should really get one pass until the complete head case label should be applied. If we are still talking about similar things with the next theam I would agree.

The situation seems to be a shitfest from both the team and Cutler's side. If I were a Broncos fan I would likely be pretty irritated about how the team has handled this whole ordeal.

Also while W/L record does mean a little it's not everything. That D last year, to much of my amusement, was ****ing terrible.

DaKCMan AP 04-01-2009 05:40 AM

Ryan Leaf made a Pro Bowl?

Mile High Mania 04-01-2009 05:43 AM

This thread is about as dumb as one can get.

CrazyHorse 04-01-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I agree. He's alot more like cross between Jeff George and TO.

He feels like even after he's paid, the boss still owes him something. While he owes nothing to his team mates. Sort of a double standard.

Hound333 04-01-2009 06:13 AM

You can't blame the record on Cutler. That defense is so bad I am not sure Montana could have made them much better.

I have always though Cutler was a decent QB and even won a bet this year with my dad (a bronco's fan). I told him two years ago that within three years Cutler would be a Pro-Bowler. I can't be totally mad at Cutty now. He helped me get free Chiefs/Bronco's tickets this year.

Kerberos 04-01-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58 (Post 5630662)
??? I bet this guy is out of the league after his next contract!

This may be true but it won't be because he SUX which was Leafs weakness not Kuntlers.

Quote:

Shit talking asswipe isn't a comparable trait?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5630667)
both d-bags

This is another comparable trait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5630727)

Yes the thread title would suggest a bit of a dumbassery by the starter......but on a Chiefs board it's all fair in when discussing anything to do with McJaygate. :thumb:

Miles 04-01-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5630727)

Yep.

PRIEST 04-01-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 5630728)
Yeah, I agree. He's alot more like cross between Jeff George and TO.

He feels like even after he's paid, the boss still owes him something. While he owes nothing to his team mates. Sort of a double standard.

THIS

Jeff George :D

buddha 04-01-2009 06:29 AM

Some of you clowns are so full of crap it's coming out of your ears. Dude threw for over 4,000 yards last year and was a Pro Bowl QB. Cutler has one of the best arms in all of football. How is he remotely like Leaf? And before you say they are both douche bags or whatever, think about the situation again in Denver. What would you do if you were Cutler?

This isn't on Cutler, it's on McDaniels...and partially on Bowlen. I don't blame Cutler in the least. Good for him in getting out of Denver. It's only going to get worse there from this point forward.

Sure-Oz 04-01-2009 06:43 AM

Not even close....

Cutler will be in the league for a long time im sure, even if he is demoted to a backup