ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Overall Evaluation of our 2009 Draft picks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212989)

chiefsfan1963 08-31-2009 10:29 PM

Overall Evaluation of our 2009 Draft picks.

Jackson seems to be the real deal. How about the rest of our picks?

I would love to hear what our insightful posters takes are.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3 08-31-2009 10:31 PM

I'm going to wait until they actually play a regular season game or two to make any sort of evaluation.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-31-2009 10:34 PM

I actually am liking what i see out of Quentin Lawrence as a WR. He is a project, but he seems like he has gotten better each week.

Just Passin' By 08-31-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6020577)
I'm going to wait until they actually play a regular season game or two to make any sort of evaluation.

You rebel, that's just crazy talk.

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6020577)

Shocker.

I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath for the arrival of Washington, Brown and Magee.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2009 10:50 PM

Alex Magee looks like a potential solid starter too

doomy3 08-31-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6020602)
Shocker.

I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath for the arrival of Washington, Brown and Magee.

I think Magee will be a valuable player for us, yes. Washington could as well.

Sorry I'm not ready to make evaluations after limited playing time in meaningless preseason games.

wazu 08-31-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 6020586)
I actually am liking what i see out of Quentin Lawrence as a WR. He is a project, but he seems like he has gotten better each week.

He's the Wes Welker of our offense. Look for 1,000 yards and 3 TDs.

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 6020641)
I think Magee will be a valuable player for us, yes. Washington could as well.

Sorry I'm not ready to make evaluations after limited playing time in meaningless preseason games.

There were better choices to be made.

There was no reason to spend the Chiefs first two draft choices on the same position, especially when they signed a $63 million dollar QB that needed protection.

Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee protect no one. And certainly not anyone worth $63 million.

Donald Washington? What, Flowers, Carr and Leggett weren't already on the roster? And Colin Brown over Jamon Meredith?

Face it: There was a gross misjudgment of talent, both on the Chiefs existing roster and in the 2009 NFL Draft.

DaneMcCloud 08-31-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 6020644)
He's the Wes Welker of our offense. Look for 1,000 yards and 3 TDs.

Over three years

rambleonthruthefog 09-01-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6020647)
There were better choices to be made.

There was no reason to spend the Chiefs first two draft choices on the same position, especially when they signed a $63 million dollar QB that needed protection.

Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee protect no one. And certainly not anyone worth $63 million.

Donald Washington? What, Flowers, Carr and Leggett weren't already on the roster? And Colin Brown over Jamon Meredith?

Face it: There was a gross misjudgment of talent, both on the Chiefs existing roster and in the 2009 NFL Draft.

what are you? a broken record? also, i'm not sure that actually qualifies as an evaluation.

wazu 09-01-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6020649)
Over three years

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleonthruthefog (Post 6020741)
what are you? a broken record? also, i'm not sure that actually qualifies as an evaluation.

What have YOU got to say, ****Face?

Let's hear it.

Hootie 09-01-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6020787)
What have YOU got to say, ****Face?

Let's hear it.

These are YOUR opinions...we get it.

Hey...

Suddenly you don't seem to be so upset about Jackson at #3.

Why is that?

He certainly looks like he might be something special.

Maybe the executive of the decade might know a thing or two about football, no?

DaneMcCloud 09-01-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Got Grbac (Post 6020838)
Why is that?

He certainly looks like he might be something special.

Maybe the executive of the decade might know a thing or two about football, no?

Why? Because I have absolutely no control over the Chiefs draft choices.

Would I have chosen someone different? Yes. But that's over.

But ****, why draft another defensive end when you have such glaring holes on the offensive line? I mean ****, Hootie! Did you see how poorly the offensive line has performed the past two years?

Okay, if we get past Magee (which to me is a mistake - either one or the other. Ty Jackson or Magee - not both). Donald Washington? What? Aren't Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr & Chiefs rookie of the year, Maurice Leggett set? I mean, WTF?

And then, to top it off, they PASS on Jamon Meredith (Packers) for Colin Brown? A guy that didn't even have a profile at NFL.com on draft day? A guy that was rated at #58 overall among tackles? A guy that immediately proved he couldn't handle the tackle spot in pads and had to be moved to guard?

Come on, Hootie. Even YOU have to admit that a few of us around here knew the ****ing score.

And Pioli and Haley are paying the price.