ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2009 Broncos = the 2003 Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216656)

Shaid 10-20-2009 10:46 PM

2009 Broncos = the 2003 Chiefs

Think about it, crazy last second plays or multiple kick returns to pull out an improbable victory. That's just how we won early on in 2003 until the end of the year rolled around and the meltdown started. I'm still waiting for it. I'm not sold on the Broncos yet.

88TG88 10-20-2009 10:48 PM

It's possible, tell me more.

Hammock Parties 10-20-2009 10:51 PM

They won't be winning any playoff games.

The comparison ends there.

Shaid 10-20-2009 10:55 PM

We'll see what things look like a bit later on. They've pulled out some close games. Their D looks good but look how at how good our D was at takeaways early in 2003. Sorry, I'm still not buying it.

KCrockaholic 10-20-2009 11:03 PM

Divisional Playoff loss to the Colts??? Yes, I see it...

teedubya 10-20-2009 11:10 PM

Mike Nolan > Greg Robinson

DaFace 10-20-2009 11:12 PM

They look a lot better than the 2003 Chiefs, frankly. Maybe not on offense, but their balance is much better.

KCrockaholic 10-20-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6192543)
They look a lot better than the 2003 Chiefs, frankly. Maybe not on offense, but their balance is much better.

I guess this is true :(

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 6192506)
Think about it, crazy last second plays or multiple kick returns to pull out an improbable victory. That's just how we won early on in 2003 until the end of the year rolled around and the meltdown started. I'm still waiting for it. I'm not sold on the Broncos yet.

Yeah, you're right.

Their young offensive line, anchored by second year left tackle Ryan Clady is overrated.

Their receivers, led by Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, rounded out by Tony Scheffler are overated.

Their running backs, led by Buckhalter and rookie Knowshon Moreno are awful.

Their defense, especially Dumerville, is a mirage. Mike Nolan sucks ass, even in Baltimore. He doesn't have a clue.

Yep, you're right. They are in no way, shape or form a good team, nor will they be a good team for years.

Especially with all those draft picks.

Shaid 10-20-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6192543)

I agree their balance is better but our offense was absolutely dominant so I don't think we can say they look a lot better.

Shaid 10-20-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6192556)
Yeah, you're right.

Their young offensive line, anchored by second year left tackle Ryan Clady is overrated.

Their receivers, led by Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, rounded out by Tony Scheffler are overated.

Their running backs, led by Buckhalter and rookie Knowshon Moreno are awful.

Their defense, especially Dumerville, is a mirage. Mike Nolan sucks ass, even in Baltimore. He doesn't have a clue.

Yep, you're right. They are in no way, shape or form a good team, nor will they be a good team for years.

Especially with all those draft picks.

I didn't say they were a bad team but there is a sudden pimping of Denver around here that's a bit premature. They could easily have a few losses and most people would probably still have the same opinion they had of them before the season. Now they are undefeated, just like the 2003 Chiefs were, and people are calling them Superbowl contenders. Sorry, I don't see it.

KCrockaholic 10-20-2009 11:36 PM

That defensive pressure is unreal. That, is how you blitz the QB. When KC blitz's it just looks weak, and nobody finds a gap to shoot through like the Donks do. Impressive!

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 6192564)
I didn't say they were a bad team but there is a sudden pimping of Denver around here that's a bit premature. They could easily have a few losses and most people would probably still have the same opinion they had of them before the season. Now they are undefeated, just like the 2003 Chiefs were, and people are calling them Superbowl contenders. Sorry, I don't see it.

Then you're blind.

The Broncos haven't beat a bunch of pushovers. They didn't beat a series of 0-5 teams like the Redskins. They beat New England, Cincinnati, Dallas and now S.D. on the road.

They should be given their due respect.

ChiefsCountry 10-20-2009 11:45 PM

2003 Chiefs and 2009 Broncos both have a game manger at QB that won't help them in January. Thats about it. Knowshon is a carbon copy of Priest though.

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 6192571)
2003 Chiefs and 2009 Broncos both have a game manger at QB that won't help them in January. Thats about it. Knowshon is a carbon copy of Priest though.

I think it depends on the matchup.

And I do think that Orton has performed better and is a much better leader than Grlbac ever was at any time in his career.