ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Hooters' waitress sued company for being told that she is fat (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228655)

Msmith 05-25-2010 09:54 AM

Hooters' waitress sued company for being told that she is fat

Controversy surrounding Cassandra Smith, a 20 year old Hooters employee, is gaining momentum among civil rights activists after she was told by her employer that she ought to lose weight otherwise face termination.

According to Hooters of America, the corporate company, in an official statement, “the company does uphold image standards from the more than 17,000 Hooters girls currently serving in the more than 455 restaurants around the world.” Hooters went on to say that the employee has been “counseled about [her] weight," even going so far as to offer Cassandra Smith a free gym membership.

A free gym membership. Not bad.

In a video statement, Cassandra Smith commented that she was told that her uniform was “not properly fitting anymore” (italics are mine). A seemingly callow remark implying that her uniform did fit at one point in her career as a Hooters waitress. To me, when a uniform, bridal gown, prom dress, business suit -- clothes -- no longer fit, it is a clear indication that you are putting on weight.

Cassandra Smith does not have a valid case. Ms. Smith is free to work anywhere else in this great country of freedom and choice, assuming her new employer does not have “standards.” As I’ve said before, if one willingly applies to work at an establishment where image is among the top requirements, then the applicant does indeed have an obligation to uphold that deal; handshake or contract. Cassandra Smith appears to be squatting on the “acceptance bandwagon” and might very well gain support from others who myopically interpret this as an unjust social rights violation.

I applaud Hooters; not only are they preventing Cassandra Smith from rolling down a hill headed towards obesity at an early age, but they are upholding their own corporate standards as being “delightfully tacky yet unrefined...”

Link with pics: http://ww.examiner.com/x-1943-Fitnes...0m5d19-hooters

Simply Red 05-25-2010 09:54 AM

*in.

Simply Red 05-25-2010 09:55 AM

Nobody wants that, it's not good for anybody involved.

Pants 05-25-2010 09:59 AM

What's next, ugly people suing model agencies for not hiring them? If you want to work for Hooters (ugh), don't get fat. Pretty easy.

Sofa King 05-25-2010 09:59 AM

Looked good before, after not so much...

She is no longer able to carry out her job in the manner in which they hired her... move on...

no real story here...

MOhillbilly 05-25-2010 10:00 AM

i dont wanna click on the link! just post the ****in pics from the article like any normal ****ing american person would!

JFC!

KCChiefsMan 05-25-2010 10:01 AM

JFC. Tell the bitch to lose some weight. I should sue her for going out in public wearing skimpy clothing, because it's gross on fat girls!

Bob Dole 05-25-2010 10:01 AM

Apparently, their "standard" varies from community to community. Chubbo Smith would be welcomed by the management here.

L.A. Chieffan 05-25-2010 10:02 AM

Damn that chicks only 20?

Maybe 20 guys a night...

HoneyBadger 05-25-2010 10:04 AM

Hooters is doing her a favor and telling her that she is getting fat.

gblowfish 05-25-2010 10:06 AM

If weight and appearance is part of the original hiring conditions, then she has no case. I'm sure Hooters has some sort of agreement with Hooters girls about what meets their job requirements.

If she was a cashier, this would be an issue. As a Hooters Girl, its on her.

HemiEd 05-25-2010 10:06 AM

She needs to lay off the dark meat, stick with the wings.

King_Chief_Fan 05-25-2010 10:06 AM

If they are finding a way around it in the recruitment process, they ought to be able to maintain the criteria after selection is made. All she has to do is serve the wings....not eat them.

Hydrae 05-25-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6778929)
Looked good before, after not so much...

She is no longer able to carry out her job in the manner in which they hired her... move on...

no real story here...

She is the Joe Montana of Hooters.

or something like that.

Msmith 05-25-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6778931)
i dont wanna click on the link! just post the ****in pics from the article like any normal ****ing american person would!

JFC!

I don't know how to post pictures. *buried head in shame*