ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Doggy want a bone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231817)

Dante84 08-10-2010 10:01 AM

Doggy want a bone?

Yes, doggy do.

Quote:

Jack Russell terrier Kiko chews off Jerry Douthett's toe, saving his life

A dog who chewed off his owner's big toe when he passed out after a day of drinking has been hailed a lifesaver.

Kiko, a Jack Russell terrier, could sense there was an infection festering in Jerry Douthett's right big toe and acted when his owner was passed out, at his Rockford, Michigan home, The Grand Rapids Press reported.

"Jerry had had all these margaritas, so I just let him sleep," Mr Douthett's wife, Rosee, a registered nurse, said. "But then I heard these screams coming from the bedroom, and he was yelling, 'My toe's gone, my toe's gone!'"

It turns out the 48-year-old had been suffering from Type 2 diabetes and Kiko had sniffed out the problem -- literally, as dogs have up to 220 million olfactory receptors, compared to 50 million or so in humans.

When admitted to hospital, Mr Douthett had a dangerously high blood-sugar level of 560, significantly higher than the recommended 80 to 120.

Mr Douthett admitted he had been hiding his infected foot from people, including his wife.

"It smelled, and I look back now and realize every time we'd visit someone with a dog, their dog would be sniffing all over my foot," Mr Douthett said.

The musician said he had been working up the courage to attend a doctor when he downed four or five beers and two giant margaritas and passed out on his bed.

He woke up and found the year-old dog beside him on the bed and a pool of blood near his foot.

"The toe was gone," said Mr Douthett. "He ate it. I mean, he must have eaten it, because we couldn't find it anywhere else in the house. I look down, there's blood all over, and my toe is gone."

Test in hospital revealed Mr Douthett had a deep infection down to his bone and doctors were forced to amputate what was left of the toe.

But before it was amputated Mr Douthett joked with a nurse and asked her if he could keep the rest of the toe as a treat for Kiko.

"If it hadn't been for that dog, I could have ended up dead," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/world/jack-ru...-1225901042255

seclark 08-10-2010 10:12 AM

CHENZ A! 08-10-2010 10:38 AM

Well, this story is slightly off putting... Who's ready for lunch?
Posted via Mobile Device

CosmicPal 08-10-2010 12:51 PM

I call BS.

You're trying to tell me that you only had 4 or 5 beers and a couple of margaritas and THAT made you pass out to the point that you were totally oblivious to a dog, and not a BIG dog, mind you, but a Jack Russell terrier bit off your toe and you wake up later to discover your toe missing?

You might...maybe...not likely going to pass out from 4 or 5 beers and a couple of margaritas to the point you have no clue your toe is being chewed apart.

BS. Not buying it.

He was on something else or his consumption of alcohol was dramatically reduced for the article.

MOhillbilly 08-10-2010 12:58 PM

Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is....heh

Blindside58 08-10-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6926620)
I call BS.

You're trying to tell me that you only had 4 or 5 beers and a couple of margaritas and THAT made you pass out to the point that you were totally oblivious to a dog, and not a BIG dog, mind you, but a Jack Russell terrier bit off your toe and you wake up later to discover your toe missing?

You might...maybe...not likely going to pass out from 4 or 5 beers and a couple of margaritas to the point you have no clue your toe is being chewed apart.

BS. Not buying it.

He was on something else or his consumption of alcohol was dramatically reduced for the article.

The toe was probably dead and rotting (Smelly) and numb basically due to his Diabetes, and the BAC is elevated because fo the Diabetes as well. This sounds possible.

seclark 08-10-2010 02:43 PM

i bet kiko has some vile smelling breath.
sec

MOhillbilly 08-10-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6926847)
i bet kiko has some vile smelling breath.
sec

toebone necklace would be a anytime convo starter.

seclark 08-10-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6926853)
toebone necklace would be a anytime convo starter.

i think you'd have to follow kiko around w/a baggie for awhile.
sec

MOhillbilly 08-10-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6926863)
i think you'd have to follow kiko around w/a baggie for awhile.
sec

not if kiko was my dog.

seclark 08-10-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6926899)
not if kiko was my dog.

pretty proud of that new knife, huh?
sec

Baby Lee 08-10-2010 03:44 PM

I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it.

MOhillbilly 08-10-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6926931)
pretty proud of that new knife, huh?
sec

shit ya. new toy ftw!

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-10-2010 04:00 PM

Good thing he didn't have an infected Dick !