ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has Cassel improved to the point where we can compete with SD for the AFC West? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237495)

Hammock Parties 11-28-2010 06:43 PM

Has Cassel improved to the point where we can compete with SD for the AFC West?

That's the big question right now.

I'm thrilled and ecstatic over the win today. I didn't expect Cassel to play this well. He made a couple of ****ing phenomenal plays that I didn't legitimately think he was capable of.

I'm still not convinced he's the guy that's going to win playoff games for us.

That question will be answered in two weeks.

Has Cassel improved enough to the point where he can go toe-to-toe with Philip Rivers and lead the Chiefs to an AFC West title?

If he can't, you can take those 22 touchdown passes and shove them up your ass. :evil:

Bane 11-28-2010 06:44 PM

Taking everything I've seen so far this season into consideration,I have to say yes.

LaChapelle 11-28-2010 06:45 PM

PASS RUSH
PASS RUSH
PASS RUSH get one

Shogun 11-28-2010 06:46 PM

Im thinking yes. But still Skeptical.

noa 11-28-2010 06:47 PM

He's improved his pocket presence and it seems like he's much less erratic, making it less crucial that we get him in a good rhythm before we can expect anything decent out of him. That really opens up our playbook and our options, so thanks to that, I would say yes.

KC kid 11-28-2010 06:47 PM

I think the Chiefs still need help (GO INDY). . . and it has nothing to do with Cassel. Their defense is very spotty still.

Bwana 11-28-2010 06:48 PM

He is looking damn good.....Thank God!

LiveSteam 11-28-2010 06:48 PM

Its the D that will fall short when you match up against the LIGHTNING BOLTZZZZ IMO
But if KC losses im sure MATT will take all the blame

Marcellus 11-28-2010 06:49 PM

Cassel is actually concerning me less than the injury situation though I think Albert could have played today, he was active.

zonachief 11-28-2010 06:51 PM

Did anyone expect this team to compete for a playoff spot this year? Im thrilled at the spot we are in right now. I think next two weeks are huge. Just worried that winning four in a row for us is alot to ask.

LiveSteam 11-28-2010 06:51 PM

NO!

milkman 11-28-2010 06:53 PM

The Guardian has talked about the Donkey game as one in which Cassel had the oppotunity to grow, and I agree with him.

I also believe that that game provided an opportunity for Cassel and Bowe to develop a chemistry that they have been lacking since Cassel was brought here, and that has helped to open up other things in the passing game, like providing an opportunity for a young receiver like Tucker to begin to emerge.

The San Diego game will be a real test, and if Cassel can continue to play with the confidence and poise he's devloping in these games, then he has a shot to compete in a shootout with Rivers.

I never thought that would be possible.

Hootie 11-28-2010 06:54 PM

we won't beat San Diego @ San Diego...

Just Passin' By 11-28-2010 06:54 PM

Kansas City is the division leader after 11 games, meaning the team is clearly competing for the AFC West, and Cassel has been the QB. How the hell did you even think to post such a stupid question?

philfree 11-28-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7207156)
Cassel is actually concerning me less than the injury situation though I think Albert could have played today, he was active.

I never heard about McCluster but he obviously didn't play. The injuries concern me but it appears that Haley's coaching has everyone ready to play so I'm getting excited.

We dominated this game on the raod and that was the next step for the Chiefs.......Cassel played like a King and now we have the donks at home.

It's a bigger game then the last one.......

go chiefs!

PhilFree:arrow: