ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Flu Remedies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241972)

2112 02-23-2011 05:47 PM

Flu Remedies

As I sit in my house sipping tea and sucking on halls while I still have the chills. what advice do you legendary know it alls on CP have for me? maybe a smoked brisket? or throw myself in the smoker? let me know.

Bugeater 02-23-2011 05:49 PM

A nice hot cup of antifreeze.

Donger 02-23-2011 05:50 PM

I'm not a doctor, but I would think not getting the virus in the first place would be a good start.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 7448806)
As I sit in my house sipping tea and sucking on halls while I still have the chills. what advice do you legendary know it alls on CP have for me? maybe a smoked brisket? or throw myself in the smoker? let me know.

Zinc is your friend.

I only get a cold/flu maybe once or twice every few years but if I feel one coming, I start pounding Source Naturals Wellness capsules and I swear, it's gone in 24 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Natural...8504992&sr=8-1

blaise 02-23-2011 05:51 PM

A shot of whisky, a glass of orange juice, and sleep.

2112 02-23-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7448811)
I'm not a doctor, but I would think not getting the virus in the first place would be a good start.

Kids. I was getting mauled by a 5 year old and he no doubt spawned on me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7448812)
Zinc is your friend.

I only get a cold/flu maybe once or twice every few years but if I feel one coming, I start pounding Source Naturals Wellness capsules and I swear, it's gone in 24 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Natural...8504992&sr=8-1

Thanks Dane, I never get sick either. I think this is the first time I have got this in 20 years.

Bwana 02-23-2011 05:55 PM

Black Elderberry extract, now that you have it. You should have been taking vitamin D and you likely wouldn't have caught it.

Adept Havelock 02-23-2011 05:55 PM

I'd suggest a glass of whiskey with a Nyquill shot. And sleep, lots of sleep.

Hang in there.

Donger 02-23-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 7448816)
Kids. I was getting mauled by a 5 year old and he no doubt spawned on me.

Oh. Yeah, they are good carriers. My daughter, whom I refer to as "Patient Zero," presently has some nasty cough and phlegm thing going on. I was reading to her last night, and she suddenly coughed violently and without covering up. I felt something strike me just below my mouth and looked at her. Her eyes got really wide and she said, "Errr, Daddy?"

I imitated that cleaning creature from Nemo and ran to the nearest bathroom. Yep, she hocked (sp?) a big, green loogey (sp?) on me.

2112 02-23-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7448819)
Black Elderberry extract, now that you have it. You should have been taking vitamin D and you likely wouldn't have caught it.

I usually take vitamin c and tylenol at night and in the morning when I feel a sore throat starting. but this thing has kicked my ass in 18 hours.

Bugeater 02-23-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7448825)
Oh. Yeah, they are good carriers. My daughter, whom I refer to as "Patient Zero," presently has some nasty cough and phlegm thing going on. I was reading to her last night, and she suddenly coughed violently and without covering up. I felt something strike me just below my mouth and looked at her. Her eyes got really wide and she said, "Errr, Daddy?"

I imitated that cleaning creature from Nemo and ran to the nearest bathroom. Yep, she hocked (sp?) a big, green loogey (sp?) on me.

Thanks for sharing that! I think I'm going to go projectile puke now.

Donger 02-23-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7448827)
Thanks for sharing that! I think I'm going to go projectile puke now.

You aren't a parent? The best part was that it smelled like shrimp.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7448825)

Yeah, the last time I got sick, my 2 year-old sneezed directly into my open mouth a day before.

Good times.

Bugeater 02-23-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7448830)
You aren't a parent? The best part was that it smelled like shrimp.

I am, but he has moved beyond the filth-spreading age and is now a creepy teenager.

2112 02-23-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7448837)
I am, but he has moved beyond the filth-spreading age and is now a creepy teenager.

Im gonna come out there and put a bowl over that kids head and give him a moe howard hair cut..lol.. he does have an awesome birthday date though ;) so he gets a little break from me