ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jordan Rodgers in three years? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252156)

SenselessChiefsFan 11-05-2011 02:00 PM

Jordan Rodgers in three years?

Okay, a few years back, I wanted Jay Cutler to be the Chiefs QBOTF.

Then, I wanted Matt Ryan.

Then, Matt Stafford, or maybe even Josh Freeman.

Of course I would love to get Luck, but that isn't going to happen.

I just got through watching Jordan Rodgers and Vanderbilt play the Gators. The Commodores were robbed by a lack of a PI call late in the game.

But, that kid looks awesome. More athletic and a better arm than Luck. Doesn't have quite the 'touch' and accuracy that Luck has. But, he is going to the Harvard of the South. So, you know he is smart.

So, I am calling it now. I want the Chiefs to draft him in three years when he comes out.

Oh, and he is Aaron Rodgers brother.... not that it really matters, but I thought I would point it out.

Saul Good 11-05-2011 02:04 PM

I like Russel Wilson an awful lot.

RealSNR 11-05-2011 02:04 PM

Oof. Too bad. Our Patriot Way long-term schedule has us not extending Matt Cassel's contract that year. Unfortunately, we replace him by trading for Ryan Mallett.

Too bad. Try waiting another 28 years to draft a franchise QB in the first round. See if you have any better luck then.

RUSH 11-05-2011 02:07 PM

He's a redshirt junior. He has to come out after next year.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-05-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8080479)
He's a redshirt junior. He has to come out after next year.

Thanks for the info. I thought he was younger. I didn't realize that he had attended another college prior.

I wonder why he didn't go to a big time school to begin with.

Maybe I am missing something.

BossChief 11-05-2011 02:19 PM

Marcus Vick is gonna be better than his brother. /some guy a few years ago

Dr. Gigglepants 11-05-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8080474)
I like Russel Wilson an awful lot.

He's interesting, but isn't he a bit of a project? There is definitely potential, but I think stanzi has potential too.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan 11-05-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8080475)
Oof. Too bad. Our Patriot Way long-term schedule has us not extending Matt Cassel's contract that year. Unfortunately, we replace him by trading for Ryan Mallett.

Too bad. Try waiting another 28 years to draft a franchise QB in the first round. See if you have any better luck then.

Wow...what a debbie downer.

I don't care if they draft a QB in the first round, unless there is one there that warrants the pick.

The only one that I remember in recent years is Freeman, and I was torn on him.

Perhaps I am missing someone.

The most recent guy I can remember that the Chiefs had a chance at was Aaron Rodgers. And, I didn't want him at the time. I thought the Chiefs had a chance to win short term and DJ was the best pick for that.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-05-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8080487)
Marcus Vick is gonna be better than his brother. /some guy a few years ago

Now, I didn't say that Jordan would be better than Aaron. Just saying that after watching the game, I was impressed with this guy.

Saul Good 11-05-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8080489)
He's interesting, but isn't he a bit of a project? There is definitely potential, but I think stanzi has potential too.
Posted via Mobile Device

He seems pretty polished to me. He reminds me of Andrew Luck last year.

HolmeZz 11-05-2011 02:45 PM

Russell Wilson's not a serious NFL prospect. He's 5'11" and that might be generous. Contrary to his numbers this year, he's not a particularly accurate passer. Mediocre arm.

Jordan Rodgers is interesting though. He's been impressive since taking over.

MMXcalibur 11-05-2011 02:46 PM

We're in the middle of the season and are in a three way tie for the division lead.
Naturally, we'd be discussing the Draft.

Saul Good 11-05-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz (Post 8080524)
Russell Wilson's not a serious NFL prospect. He's 5'11" and that might be generous. Contrary to his numbers this year, he's not a particularly accurate passer. Mediocre arm.

I guess I didn't realize he was that short.

RealSNR 11-05-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz (Post 8080524)

Yeah. I know the Wisconsin defense played like shit the last two games, but he's clearly not the clutch master I and many others thought he was. Really disappointing.

SPATCH 11-05-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8080528)
We're in the middle of the season and are in a three way tie for the division lead.
Naturally, we'd be discussing the Draft.

you do realize which BB you are on right now, don't you?