ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Time Warner Cable and NFL agree to a deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264023)

RUSH 09-21-2012 10:13 AM

Time Warner Cable and NFL agree to a deal

Not sure if TWC is prominent in the KC area but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-warner-cable/

Quote:

Report: NFL finally reaches deal with Time Warner Cable

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 21, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT

The NFL has apparently reached a deal to end a longer-running impasse than the one with its officials.

According to Scott Soshnick of Bloomberg, the league has reached an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry the NFL Network and Red Zone Channel.

Time Warner has about 12 million subscribers, and was the last major cable carrier without a deal with the NFL.

The league was careful to point out the lack of Time Warner’s presence when it signed a deal with Cablevision, noting it was the only one of the top nine carriers without the channel.

It’s a huge get for fans in New York City, as well as smaller markets such as Charlotte which were locked in with TWC. Of course, at least one customer in Charlotte (Gruden thumbs, this guy) got tired of waiting and switched.

alpha_omega 09-21-2012 10:18 AM

Finally. now let's get it on before next week's game.

Bearcat 09-21-2012 10:44 AM

Cool... don't really blame TWC for not being part of the NFL's money grab until they started airing games each week, but they have a pretty good lineup this season and it'll be nice not to rely on flaky internet streams.

RUSH 09-21-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 8932883)
Finally. now let's get it on before next week's game.

Read that both the NFL network and Redzone channel will be available this Sunday.

I'm pumped, this was long overdue.

Bowser 09-21-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8932985)
Read that both the NFL network and Redzone channel will be available this Sunday.

I'm pumped, this was long overdue.

Could we be so lucky as to recieve a free preview for the weekend?

Valiant 09-21-2012 11:29 AM

Still think they should of held out until Sunday ticket also became available. Is it in the sports tier or normal tier.

It is mindboggeling, nfl: fans want/need this. Twc: they want Sunday ticket too. No, you pay us a shit ton of money for the crap channel that is only worth a damn 17weeks a year, but don't charge your customers for it on a higher tier.

Twc: what about Sunday ticket? Nfl: we will let you know when the contract is up, but no.

Nfl would make 10x what they do now with allowing that.

RUSH 09-21-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8933066)
Still think they should of held out until Sunday ticket also became available. Is it in the sports tier or normal tier.

It is mindboggeling, nfl: fans want/need this. Twc: they want Sunday ticket too. No, you pay us a shit ton of money for the crap channel that is only worth a damn 17weeks a year, but don't charge your customers for it on a higher tier.

Twc: what about Sunday ticket? Nfl: we will let you know when the contract is up, but no.

Nfl would make 10x what they do now with allowing that.

NFL network is in the normal tier.

Redzone is in the sports tier.

I'm hoping for some free offer too. I heard from a friend that fios had free redzone for the first year.

I have a buddy who works for twc so I'll probably find out all the details soon.

Bearcat 09-21-2012 11:43 AM

I completely glossed over the Red Zone channel... that's awesome. Looks like it would be a great way to keep up with the games as long as there aren't an insane number of commercials.

RUSH 09-21-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8933125)
I completely glossed over the Red Zone channel... that's awesome. Looks like it would be a great way to keep up with the games as long as there aren't an insane number of commercials.

7 hours commercial free.

Bugeater 09-21-2012 11:47 AM

Those of you who haven't had it are quickly going to realize that you haven't been missing that much.

RUSH 09-21-2012 11:52 AM

My buddy got back to me.

Redzone will be a part of the sports pass which is $5.95 per month. Not sure what other channels are currently on the sports pass but redzone will now be part of that package.

No promos that he knows of.

DRU 09-21-2012 12:02 PM

Hmmm...I'm chatting with TWC about this now, and this is the response I just now got...

"There are a number of reports today about Time Warner Cable reaching an agreement with NFL Network. As of this time, negotiations continue; but there is no final agreement yet."

Bearcat 09-21-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8933131)
7 hours commercial free.

:drool:

I already have the sports tier for hockey... it includes 3 FSNs, NHLN, MLBN, NBA TV, CBS Sports, NBC Sports (aka Versus), Yes, NESN, ESPN Classic, ESPNU, Big 10 Network... and a few others (a few of those like ESPNU might be standard :shrug: ).

ToxSocks 09-21-2012 12:10 PM

Red zone is for a different type of fan.

Just seeing the games inside the 20 just doesn't do it for me.

Then again....I guess if i couldn't have Sunday Ticket i might consider it....

Deberg_1990 09-21-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8933180)
Red zone is for a different type of fan.

Just seeing the games inside the 20 just doesn't do it for me.

Then again....I guess if i couldn't have Sunday Ticket i might consider it....

They do end up showing more than just inside the 20s. There are lots of times when there isn’t action inside the 20s during the games, so they are forced to show outside the 20s game action.