ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Offensive line (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275391)

RealSNR 08-17-2013 10:21 AM

Offensive line

WTF is their problem? I'm re-watching the game, and Jon Asamoah looks like a stud on one play and the next it's like the defender punched through his vagina and out his asshole. Jeff Allen looks mediocre all-around. Hudson is pretty good I guess. Fisher is generally pretty bad, and Albert is doing his job, but nothing spectacular.

Please don't tell me we have to go re-draft a bunch of interior offensive linemen. For as talented as these guys are and how I've seen them play in the past, they should NOT be sucking dick like this.

Hope Andy knows what he's doing, because this is a huge ****ing issue that needs to be fixed pronto.

Hammock Parties 08-17-2013 10:22 AM

Anyone named Dorsey sucks, apparently.

Pablo 08-17-2013 10:23 AM

It was a pretty efficient raping on the 49ers part. Not encouraging in the least.

Mother****erJones 08-17-2013 10:23 AM

This line will take some time to gel. Hudson coming off injury, Allen in his 2nd year, Fisher is a rookie and Asomoah is inconsistency.

Dr. Van Halen 08-17-2013 10:24 AM

It's almost like they are getting used to a new system. Weird. I can't explain it. And Fisher is acting like he's never even sniffed a real NFL game before.

Mr. Laz 08-17-2013 10:27 AM

if you include the missed time because of injury then the Oline is pretty young and inexperienced.

Albert veteran
Allen first year starting
Hudson 1/2 a year starting
Asomoah 1 and 1/2 starting?
Fisher rookie

Mr. Laz 08-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen (Post 9893806)
It's almost like they are getting used to a new system. Weird. I can't explain it. And Fisher is acting like he's never even sniffed a real NFL game before.

sarcasm is your friend

ROFL

RealSNR 08-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

When your line is full of experienced talent like we have, a "new system" shouldn't make them suck this bad.

That's a bullshit excuse, much like "Alex Smith just needs to get used to his new team and personnel."

Ace Gunner 08-17-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

:D

Mr. Laz 08-17-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9893815)
When your line is full of experienced talent like we have, a "new system" shouldn't make them suck this bad.

That's a bullshit excuse, much like "Alex Smith just needs to get used to his new team and personnel."

:spock:

milkman 08-17-2013 10:31 AM

I will be watching the game in about a half hour, but from what I saw last week, neither Asomoah or Allen have any consistency in getting under the pads and gaining the leverage advantage.

TEX 08-17-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9893799)
WTF is their problem? I'm re-watching the game, and Jon Asamoah looks like a stud on one play and the next it's like the defender punched through his vagina and out his asshole. Jeff Allen looks mediocre all-around. Hudson is pretty good I guess. Fisher is generally pretty bad, and Albert is doing his job, but nothing spectacular.

Please don't tell me we have to go re-draft a bunch of interior offensive linemen. For as talented as these guys are and how I've seen them play in the past, they should NOT be sucking dick like this.

Hope Andy knows what he's doing, because this is a huge ****ing issue that needs to be fixed pronto.

Well the interior OL are all Pioli draft picks so...

Setsuna 08-17-2013 10:33 AM

No more alexcuses

Mother****erJones 08-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9893815)

Full of experienced talent? Albert is the only one besides Asomoah. The rest are not. Allen is in his 2nd year, Hudson is coming off an injury and Fishers a rookie. I'm not making excuses they were brutal. But like DJ said last week in the preseason it's never as good or as bad as it seems. We did move the ball at times. Our special teams looks rock solid except for some inexperienced guys letting that punt get blocked. The 49ers were blitzing the shit out of us. Remember that there's no game planning going on for these games.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:36 AM

I didn't see any power strength for Fisher to move bodies in the run game.