ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 9 Possible Pro Bowlers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278090)

Anyong Bluth 10-29-2013 03:20 PM

9 Possible Pro Bowlers

So,

I was looking around at info on ESPN and saw they have a feature on Insider that is part of their partnership with PFF discussing Pro Bowl teams under the new format ( no longer AFC vs NFC )

A couple of names to that I didn't expect to see but based upon their breakdown by PFF are Pro Bowl material - grading out at or very near the top for their position.

1. Houston (OLB)
2. Hali (OLB)
3. DJ (ILB)
4. Charles (RB)
5. Berry (SS)
6. Poe (DT/NT)
7. Sherman (FB)
8. McCluster (R)
9. Colquitt (P) - with his injury he might be looked over even though he's killing it with punts inside the 20 this year.

Dex surprised me, but has a +4.4 v. the leage norm, and Sherman didn't even really cross my mind but he has a +11.0 rating - next best guy at his position is Milke Tolbert at +6.4...

just doesn't seem realistic, and I have no doubt there's no way they're going to all get named or that they would even take that many from 1 team, but it is awesome to see so many guys on the roster are playing so well in comparison.

Shogun 10-29-2013 03:21 PM

our 2-14 team had 6 or 7 right?

Why not 9

RealSNR 10-29-2013 03:21 PM

McCluster > Trindumb Holliday

hometeam 10-29-2013 03:22 PM

My Pro Bowl votes for our team.

Locks:
DJ
Hali
Houston
Berry
Charles

Maybe
Poe
Colquitt

McCluster and Sherman I don't see. McCluster would have to beat out some big name receivers, and FB falls into that name recognition/popularity contest picks as well.

Strongside 10-29-2013 03:25 PM

Marcus Cooper? No?

CoMoChief 10-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10138737)

Locks:
DJ
Hali
Houston
Berry
Charles

Maybe
Poe
Colquitt

McCluster and Sherman I don't see. McCluster would have to beat out some big name receivers, and FB falls into that name recognition/popularity contest picks as well.

Don't know if you've been watching games this season but Poe has been dominant

Ace Gunner 10-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Locks:
DJ
Hali
Houston
Berry
Charles

Maybe
Poe
Colquitt

I like, but I'm going to say Poe & DC make it too

Strongside 10-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10138753)

Poe is a lock as well I think.

Anyong Bluth 10-29-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10138747)
Marcus Cooper? No?

too many established names to get a sniff as a rookie I would venture to guess, and he's made a few gaffs that are going to drop his otherwise masterful play.

Besides, do we want to have to add finding cap room for our cutdown last day pickup now commanding pro bowl money so quickly! :doh!:

wazu 10-29-2013 03:28 PM

Does anybody else just get annoyed when talk of the Pro Bowl and who is going from the Chiefs comes up every year? I really do like the players and don't have anything personal against them. Just year after year after YEAR of hearing the list of Chiefs making the Pro Bowl but never seeing them win even one lousy playoff game. Now the topic just inspires eye rolls.

hometeam 10-29-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10138753)

I didn't say who deserves to go, I said who I think will or maybe go.

Remember, this is fan voted, and there are only so many slots, and as we know, nationally, KC gets shit on. Popularity can > Production in pro bowl voting.

CaliforniaChief 10-29-2013 03:30 PM

As someone else said in another thread, we won't have anyone in the Pro Bowl.

Because they're going to be getting ready to go to New York for the Super Bowl.

ToxSocks 10-29-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Locks:
DJ
Hali
Houston
Berry
Charles

Maybe
Poe
Colquitt

Poe is a lock. I'd say Berry is NOT a lock, but will likely make it.

Strongside 10-29-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10138762)
too many established names to get a sniff as a rookie I would venture to guess, and he's made a few gaffs that are going to drop his otherwise masterful play.

Besides, do we want to have to add finding cap room for our cutdown last day pickup now commanding pro bowl money so quickly! :doh!:

Agreed. Doesn't tame my excitement over him at all though. Kid is a bonafide steal...and that never happens to us.

BlackHelicopters 10-29-2013 03:33 PM

Alex Smith is a lock.