ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop H1Z1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289984)

Buck 01-16-2015 11:25 AM

H1Z1

Lol

hometeam 01-16-2015 11:38 AM

http://i.imgur.com/9CE4FpH.jpg

Gonzo 01-16-2015 11:46 AM

Looks like this will not be something I waste HD space on. What a bunch of crooks.

hometeam 01-16-2015 12:30 PM

The h1z1 subreddit hit the FAN yesterday. They went from hyped to shamed in 24 hours~

Otter 01-16-2015 12:34 PM

Pay to win is the absolute worst business model ever developed.

kcxiv 01-16-2015 01:03 PM

Except its not pay to win no waepins automatically napper on you character

Buck 01-16-2015 01:07 PM

Ok lol

kcxiv 01-16-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11272194)
Ok lol

Tell me how i am lying? I dont see any option in game that lets me buy a weaon that automatically appears in my inventory, if there is, then i missing it. You having a chance with a server of 200 people and you have a small chance to get a weapons is pay 2 win really? but server hopping untiol you are geared up is ok and not cheating? lets not pretend we never server hopped at a police station or an army outpost in DayZ. Now if you want to talk about something thats pathetic for a game, thats it right there.

But yeah, OK! LOL with that said, imma hop on n play!

Buck 01-16-2015 01:34 PM

Because you're paying for guns. In the small chance you get killed before the airdrop lands right in front of you, then you are still paying to win, just you are paying for someone else to win.

3 days ago they did their huge live stream and explicitly stated you cannot get weapons or ammo from airdrops, they've been saying it for 8 months. Then 1 hour after release they finally let people know that's not the case, buried in a blog post.

Gonzo 01-16-2015 01:38 PM

I've researched quite a bit on this and it was basically a scam. There's no other real word to describe it. On one of their streams last summer, they stated that the only way to get weapons was to find them. No airdrops, no crates etc. the only thing you would possibly pay for was customization.
Lying scam artists. I'm glad I didn't waste my time with it.

Buck 01-16-2015 01:51 PM

It's called a bait and switch.

kcxiv 01-16-2015 01:54 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y6iqTgZIZHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 01-16-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11272276)
I've researched quite a bit on this and it was basically a scam. There's no other real word to describe it. On one of their streams last summer, they stated that the only way to get weapons was to find them. No airdrops, no crates etc. the only thing you would possibly pay for was customization.
Lying scam artists. I'm glad I didn't waste my time with it.

They said, you cant buy a weapons and it will automatically appear in the inventory.. They always said that there would be a small chance that a weapon could be in an air drops (which you are not even guaranteed to get) because everyone on the server is entitled to that server. 2ndly, they arent working as intended and will be adjusted accordlingly just like everything else in a ALPHA build. They use alpha and beta to tune the game! Every single company out there does this.

kcxiv 01-16-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11272268)
Because you're paying for guns. In the small chance you get killed before the airdrop lands right in front of you, then you are still paying to win, just you are paying for someone else to win.

3 days ago they did their huge live stream and explicitly stated you cannot get weapons or ammo from airdrops, they've been saying it for 8 months. Then 1 hour after release they finally let people know that's not the case, buried in a blog post.

its buggy they arent supposed to land in front of you! its supposed to land a ways from you. There will be bugs, what alpha game doesnt have bugs? What alpha game has shit in their game that isnt working as intended?

hometeam 01-16-2015 02:14 PM

Nah man. They said they wouldnt sell weapons. They are.

Its not like people are making shit up. It was said time and time again there would be no in game advantages with money. Airdropping weapons, backpacks, gear, and food in was revealed the day of launch. Whether they fall in a crate, or not, really has no bearing on whether you are getting in game advantages for cash.

The backlash has been so big the SOE is offering full refunds no questions asked.