ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Black Sabbath at Sprint Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298311)

Lonewolf Ed 02-17-2016 11:48 PM

Black Sabbath at Sprint Center

What an incredible show! Ozzy exceeded my expectations, since the group had to postpone 4 shows earlier due to Ozzy coming down with sinusitis and bronchitis. I had seen video of the shows leading up to the time off and he looked bad, sounded bad, and had little energy. That was not the case tonight. Ozzy was running from one side of the stage to the other, engaging the crowd and jumping up and down. His voice was clear and strong, with a few rough patches, but nothing cringe-worthy. His voice overall was good. Even when he spoke, it was clear and not his usual stammering. The man was feeling well and strong, and it showed.

Geezer was digging those fingers into the bass strings with precision and power, and those deep bass tones rattled my entire skeleton. The drummer, Tommy Clufetos, was an absolute wrecking machine. His solo had my pant legs vibrating against my legs and my rib cage was buzzing. And what can you say about Tony Iommi? He was in the zone and spot on. The group was tight and energetic. They played Hand of Doom and all of the many timing and tempo changes were perfect; the band was all on the same page. What a joy that was to see and to share with my brothers, Chipp, Rod, and Jeff. We all had a great time and it was worth every penny.

Halfcan 02-17-2016 11:51 PM

Awesome show!!

Glad to add the Godfathers of Heavy Metal to the shows I have seen.

LiveSteam 02-18-2016 01:02 AM

Hand of doom awesome song

cosmo20002 02-18-2016 01:19 AM

Bill Ward looked great, like a new man.

Coochie liquor 02-18-2016 05:13 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NPIHO0_n6xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 02-18-2016 10:35 AM

Good to hear,I just couldn't pull the trigger and go,saw the original in 1978 and wanted to remember them like that,of course that memory is a bit faded now.

Lonewolf Ed 02-18-2016 10:40 AM

It would have been great and historic had Bill Ward played, but watching Clufetos, I doubt Bill could have kept up the pace that man set. He is a wrecking machine! I am dead serious, being more than halfway back from the stage, during his solo, my pant legs were visibly shivering. I could feel my entire ribcage vibrating, too. He ended his solo and they went right into Iron Man, which is not a song where a drummer can catch his breath.

Lonewolf Ed 02-18-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 12088013)
Bill Ward looked great, like a new man.

Not sure if serious... :hmmm:

Nzoner 02-18-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12088219)
It would have been great and historic had Bill Ward played, but watching Clufetos, I doubt Bill could have kept up the pace that man set. He is a wrecking machine! I am dead serious, being more than halfway back from the stage, during his solo, my pant legs were visibly shivering. I could feel my entire ribcage vibrating, too. He ended his solo and they went right into Iron Man, which is not a song where a drummer can catch his breath.

When I saw them in '78 a girl threw her bra onstage and Ozzy put it on looked at the band and they went into Iron Man.

Mr. Laz 02-18-2016 12:12 PM

saw Ozzy back in 84 with Motley Crue as the opening act

love that genre

Halfcan 02-18-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12088219)

Yes that was a very powerful solo. He reminded me of Animal of the Muppets. He just smashed the shit out of those drums. :clap:

Halfcan 02-18-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12088373)
saw Ozzy back in 84 with Motley Crue as the opening act

love that genre

Great show!!

Mr. Laz 02-18-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12088380)
Great show!!

did you see it too?

i remember standing up on the back of the chairs rocking the air guitar with some friend from school. We had a blast. :)

Halfcan 02-18-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12088404)
did you see it too?

i remember standing up on the back of the chairs rocking the air guitar with some friend from school. We had a blast. :)

I have seen Ozzy with Randy, Jake E. twice with Zach and now with B.S.

He has had some amazing guitarist over the years.

That Crue tour was legendary- some great stories from that.

LiveSteam 02-18-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12088404)
did you see it too?

I did in Omaha. Ozzy sucked & was clearly waisted.
Crue more then made up for it that night. IIRC it was my sophomore year.