ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Danny Clinkscale leaving 810 WHB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315330)

RunKC 05-11-2018 09:28 AM

Danny Clinkscale leaving 810 WHB

“Downsizing” aka they are laying him off. Damn I wish it was that dumbass KK that is getting pushed out.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/article210876244.html

O.city 05-11-2018 09:29 AM

Kietzman owns a part of 810 iirc. He’s not getting pushed out

Red Dawg 05-11-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13553533)
Kietzman owns a part of 810 iirc. He’s not getting pushed out

KK is the worst sports guy ever. His opinions are just thoughts of lunacy and stupidity.

sedated 05-11-2018 09:32 AM

Surprised that Kietzman's best buddy is the one to get the ax.

I personally wasn't a fan but never want to take pleasure in someone losing their job.

gblowfish 05-11-2018 09:35 AM

KK's going to have to add a cheaper side kick to kiss his ass now. Typical KK conversation: KK: "Blah blah blah blah on some sports topic and here's my opinion. Am I right, Danny?" DK: "Yes, you are KK. I agree."

I actually like Danny. He's battled cancer, and even though he's an abashed Jayhawk, I think he's an intelligent guy and has especially done well in post game Chiefs coverage.

Doing something else is probably going to be good for his mental health. Being out from under KK has got to be a breath of fresh air. Hope he lands on his feet and enjoys himself.

Simply Red 05-11-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13553532)
“Downsizing” aka they are laying him off. Damn I wish it was that dumbass KK that is getting pushed out.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/article210876244.html

Did you want us to embed or expand this article for you?

Molitoth 05-11-2018 09:48 AM

Danny lost all my respect when he criticized the Mahomes pick partly due to his (vocal tone) during a press conference.

Like Danny has room to talk with his monotone takes. Snoozefest.

The entire Between the Lines show can get bent, it's when I switch over to 610.

siberian khatru 05-11-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13553543)
KK's going to have to add a cheaper side kick to kiss his ass now. Typical KK conversation: KK: "Blah blah blah blah on some sports topic and here's my opinion. Am I right, Danny?" DK: "Yes, you are KK. I agree."

I actually like Danny. He's battled cancer, and even though he's an abashed Jayhawk, I think he's an intelligent guy and has especially done well in post game Chiefs coverage.

Doing something else is probably going to be good for his mental health. Being out from under KK has got to be a breath of fresh air. Hope he lands on his feet and enjoys himself.

Agreed

sedated 05-11-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13553559)
Danny lost all my respect when he criticized the Mahomes pick partly due to his (vocal tone) during a press conference.

Like Danny has room to talk with his monotone takes. Snoozefest.

The entire Between the Lines show can get bent, it's when I switch over to 610.

That entire show was against Mahomes and pro-Smith starting the second Mahomes was drafted. It was pretty comical seeing what excuses they would come up with to think Mahomes wasn't going to be good.

Suddenly when Smith got traded, they jumped on the bandwagon.

SPchief 05-11-2018 10:24 AM

Wouldn't be too surprised if 610 picks him up and puts him on the drive

BWillie 05-11-2018 10:39 AM

He must have finally stood up to Kietzman and refused to go get his coffee.

Randallflagg 05-11-2018 10:53 AM

19 years? 20 years? That's an eternity in the broadcast business. I always liked Clinkscale. His voice reminded me of the first days of FM radio :thumb:

Well, good luck in the future, Danny!

Kiimo 05-11-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13553543)

I know how you feel, it's like how I kind of like Steven St. John even though he's a dirty seccesh who can surprisingly tie his own shoes.

gblowfish 05-11-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 13553595)
Wouldn't be too surprised if 610 picks him up and puts him on the drive

Boy, I don't know. Danny started at KMBZ, which was an Entercom station. Entercom and Union Broadcasting basically hate one another. Only crossovers have been guys like Maas, Grunhard and Fatlock. Usually they don't pick each other's talent. Danny may have a non-compete in his contract too. Even if you get "downsized" lots of times you can't work in the same media market for a year before you switch over. Mike Thompson and Gary Lezak had that same situation when they moved from one TV station to the other.

Codered 05-11-2018 11:20 AM

Hopefully, he replaces Fescoe. (This comment is made for anyone in the market that needs a job!)