ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 2 - stumppy versus Chiefs4thewin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315914)

Rain Man 06-22-2018 09:31 AM

Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 2 - stumppy versus Chiefs4thewin

Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is.

Venue - a pre-school full of children
Starting Distance - 51 feet

stumppy

Main Weapon - Crossbow and 6 bolts
Backup Weapon - None

Prep Time - 55 seconds
Special Factors - None

Chiefs4thewin

Main Weapon - Native American bow and 6 arrows
Backup Weapon - 20 sharp small ninja stars

Prep Time - 6 Minutes
Special Factors - None

Hangin'WithMahomes 06-22-2018 09:35 AM

Easy victory for Stumpy

Why Not? 06-22-2018 09:36 AM

Crossbows can be very difficult to operate at times. Plus Native American bow and arrows are more badass.

The Franchise 06-22-2018 09:37 AM

This one is coming down to who can beat the other person to death with their fists. There are going to be 12 preschool children that get shot with arrows and bolts.

Rain Man 06-22-2018 09:39 AM

This is a close one for me. I would think that the native bow can be fired much faster, so Chiefs4thewin can get more shots off if the bout doesn't end quickly. But the crossbow is a much more devastating weapon if it does score a hit, and I feel like it might be easier to maneuver and aim in a crowded preschool setting. It might be more accurate too, though I'm not sure of that.

I'm going with stumppy on the bet that both guys can find cover pretty quickly and it devolves into a target competition.

Naptown Chief 06-22-2018 09:54 AM

Are they steel bolts? If so just shoot through the kids. They were going to be ****ing asshole adults anyway

I'm going with Stumpy

Otter 06-22-2018 10:07 AM

I'm going with the Native American bow for speed. Remember the Mongols?

Rain Man 06-22-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13602416)
I'm going with the Native American bow for speed. Remember the Mongols?

I'm kind of fascinated by how people develop things independently. The Native Americans and Mongols both developed bows before 1492, right? It seems like that's a pretty specific technology to develop.

You look at things like pottery and clothing and language and cities and stuff, and it seems like there's a cookbook for developing civilization, and everyone follows it. You may have a few oddities like the Native Americans not smelting ores, but for the most part there seems to be a set progression.

Shag 06-22-2018 10:13 AM

Chiefs4thewin just needs to dodge the first bolt, which shouldn't be too hard given the newness of the weapon. If he succeeds, he can just charge at stumppy, chucking stars - stumppy will never be able to reload the crossbow. Get close enough to do some damage with the stars, weakening stumppy's resistance, then either shoot close range with the bow, or just go stabby-stabby with the longer arrows of the bow.

The crossbow reload time and difficulty makes it a hindrance in this fight.

wazu 06-22-2018 10:14 AM

One factor not yet mentioned: Chiefs4thewin has 6 minutes to hand out the ninja stars to children and teach them the “Stab Stummpy” game.

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-22-2018 10:15 AM

Crossbow all day.

The Franchise 06-22-2018 10:16 AM

Is either one a midget? They could blend in.

stumppy 06-22-2018 10:16 AM

c4tw is dead meat.

Otter 06-22-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13602421)
I'm kind of fascinated by how people develop things independently. The Native Americans and Mongols both developed bows before 1492, right? It seems like that's a pretty specific technology to develop.

You look at things like pottery and clothing and language and cities and stuff, and it seems like there's a cookbook for developing civilization, and everyone follows it. You may have a few oddities like the Native Americans not smelting ores, but for the most part there seems to be a set progression.

The Mongols uprise and downfall is fascinating. No idea why it's not considered as significant in history as the Roman Empire.

Bow vs. Crossbow all skill levels being equal...Crossbows are training wheels for marksmen.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BEG-ly9tQGk" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

stumppy 06-22-2018 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I never miss.:D