ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc One Good Thing About Big Ben (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316278)

vailpass 07-17-2018 01:03 PM

One Good Thing About Big Ben

Despite your deep dislike for him and your belief his last name is spelled
R-a-p-e Big Ben does something pretty cool and unique: runs a foundation that provides small police forces with K9 units they otherwise couldn't afford.

Foundation
“My Dad instilled in me a love and respect for animals. This is a good way to combine that passion with a desire to support the police and fire departments, which deserve all the appropriate resources needed to protect our cities and neighborhoods, and allow these brave men and women to arrive home safely.” — Ben.

The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation seeks to support police and fire departments throughout the U.S. with a particular emphasis on support for K-9 units and service dogs.

The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation also works with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. For the past several years, Ben has devoted his time to the Make-A-Wish Foundation because of his passion to help children. One of the most memorable of these Make-A-Wish moments was when he met 14-year old Akeem Havens, who signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers in May of 2008 to become one of Ben’s go-to wide receivers for the day!

In commenting on why establishing a charitable foundation is important to him, Ben said, “I have been blessed with opportunities throughout my life to pursue my goals and achieve some success, all under the guidance of a loving family and supportive communities. I was raised to appreciate my blessings and always try to help others who may not be as fortunate. I feel honored to be able to do so.”

The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation, founded by Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, welcomes grant inquiries for foundation support. The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will disperse grants to police and fire departments’ canine units throughout the US.

“On behalf of Eureka Fire Rescue & EMS and the citizens we serve, I would like to thank Ben Roethlisberger for the grant award through the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation for our canine program. The funds will go a long way to help offset food and veterinary expenses. Our original canine EMBER passed last year after 10 years of service, which left RAMSY on her own. She contracted Lyme disease a few years back so we pay extra close attention to her medical needs. This season there is a new rookie on the team, ‘ASHES.’ She is in training and we have great hopes for her. The dogs’ primary jobs are fire prevention training, K-9 CPR and first aid training, along with functioning as therapy dogs and canine counselors. Of course they are a BIG hit with the children and definitively enhance station security. In the tradition of a true Pittsburgher, ASHES’ favorite thing is to play ball! Mr. Roethlisberger, thank you, not just for your dedication and performance on the field, but most importantly for you interest in outstanding support in the community.”— Richard J. Heuser, Eureka Fire Rescue EMS Chief of Operations...
(more)_ http://bigben7.com/the-ben-roethlisberger-foundation

http://bigben7.com/wp-content/upload...2/K9Jester.jpg

Strongside 07-17-2018 01:04 PM

TL,DR

vailpass 07-17-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13632611)
TL,DR

TYIA

loochy 07-17-2018 01:07 PM

He's just sucking up so they don't follow up on rape charges.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Northman 07-17-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13632624)
Posted via Mobile Device

^ truth

TimeForWasp 07-17-2018 01:48 PM

Trained to plant drugs on backup qbs

vailpass 07-17-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 13632720)
Trained to plant drugs on backup qbs

LMAO

alpha_omega 07-17-2018 01:58 PM

He's one season closer to retirement?

Edit...ok, i'll actually read the article now instead of just showing my hate for Ben.

Rain Man 07-17-2018 02:57 PM

I guess if you think about it, The Roofie Foundation could also be the name of a dog training organization.

Kiimo 07-17-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13632929)
I guess if you think about it, The Roofie Foundation could also be the name of a dog training organization.

Every place could use a good guard dog, especially entrances to bathrooms

rabblerouser 07-17-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13633008)
Every place could use a good guard dog, especially entrances to bathrooms

"That's what friends are fooooooor..."

MahiMike 07-17-2018 07:02 PM

it's a scam

carcosa 07-17-2018 08:15 PM

Why do pigs need dogs

Chaunceythe3rd 07-17-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

So true.

PunkinDrublic 07-17-2018 09:44 PM

Wish someone could talk Ben into jumping on a street bike again. Maybe he’ll end up underneath the wheels of a bus.