ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football This beer-throwing incident from 2001... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318422)

Lurker 10-25-2018 03:32 AM

This beer-throwing incident from 2001...

Speaking of throwing beer, bad officiating and Raider-like fans... JAX @ CLE. I can't even.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wk6NKmFP0pE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 10-25-2018 03:45 AM

**** Squarespace

rabblerouser 10-25-2018 05:46 AM

Well, you'd think the NFL would have learned their lesson and knock it off with the rigging the games WWE-style...

They won't be happy until there's a full-scale riot and people killed in the stands.

They DID change to plastic beer bottles though, so there's that, I suppose...

SuperBowl4 10-25-2018 06:03 AM

It's not like it was WW3

InChiefsHeaven 10-25-2018 06:48 AM

Wow, I had forgotten all about that...

Spott 10-25-2018 07:21 AM

I watched that live when it happened. The Browns got royally screwed that game. They were driving in for the winning score and had just converted a 4th down play and had 1st and goal from about the 5 yard line with under a minute left. They went up to the line and spiked the ball to stop the clock. They huddled for the play on 2nd down and were lining up for the 2nd down play and that's when the officials decided they wanted to review the catch that happened two plays ago.

notorious 10-25-2018 07:26 AM

That was clearly a catch? LMAO

I hate NFL officiating, and they ****ed Cleveland by breaking the rules to review, but that ball was being bobbled and fully hit the ground.

Bwana 10-25-2018 08:34 AM

I remember an incident from several years ago (70s?) when the Vikings were playing someone on their home field. The ref made a bad call and someone from way in the hell up in the stands chucked a whisky bottle and drilled the guy upside the head.

rabblerouser 10-25-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13842750)
That was clearly a catch? LMAO

I hate NFL officiating, and they ****ed Cleveland by breaking the rules to review, but that ball was being bobbled and fully hit the ground.

Doesn't matter - the play was called a catch on the field and next play was a spiked ball on Cleveland's 1st down.

At that point, the rules clearly state that you cannot go back to the previous play to review, so it should have been 2nd & Goal. Call intentional grounding on the spike if you want...still 2nd and Goal.

rabblerouser 10-25-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13842826)
I remember an incident from several years ago (70s?) when the Vikings were playing someone on their home field. The ref made a bad call and someone from way in the hell up in the stands chucked a whisky bottle and drilled the guy upside the head.

I bet they would **** up way less if that were a consequence of bad calls.

As an added bonus, it would be entertaining as hell.

Bwana 10-25-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13842873)

I have been hunting for a decent video of the incident, but everything I could find was grainy. It was a playoff game on the Vikings home field in 1975 against the Cowboys. The ref that took the bottle upside the noggin was Armen Terzian. The bottle knocked him out and left a nasty gash.

dj56dt58 10-25-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13842873)

Or they would just give the home team all the calls and screw the away team

wazu 10-25-2018 09:22 AM

I remember this game. I couldn’t hate on the Cleveland fans. The NFL should be grateful to have stands fill of rowdy drunks showing up to watch that poor franchise. Yeah things got a little crazy but nobody is perfect.

Dartgod 10-25-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13842826)

That's a heck of a toss. I hope they brought him in for a tryout.

JoeyChuckles 10-25-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13842744)
I watched that live when it happened. The Browns got royally screwed that game. They were driving in for the winning score and had just converted a 4th down play and had 1st and goal from about the 5 yard line with under a minute left. They went up to the line and spiked the ball to stop the clock. They huddled for the play on 2nd down and were lining up for the 2nd down play and that's when the officials decided they wanted to review the catch that happened two plays ago.

Well not royally screwed, he did drop the ball. But partially screwed.