ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Dee Ford named AFC Defensive Player of the Month (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318580)

chiefs1111 11-01-2018 08:25 AM

Dee Ford named AFC Defensive Player of the Month

The Chiefs have a defense too.

And Dee Ford is a big part of it.

The Chiefs outside linebacker was named AFC defensive player of the month, with six sacks and four forced fumbles in October alone.

Ford has eight sacks so far this season, and is playing incredibly well in his contract year. That means he’s about to win a huge pile of money as a free agent soon, in addition to a monthly honor.

And with his consistent pressure, the Chiefs may be closer to taking the next step as a team, on the off chance their offense ever has an off day.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-of-the-month/

Hydrae 11-01-2018 08:52 AM

Amazing what a contract year can do to a guy.

KChiefs1 11-01-2018 08:54 AM

Still don’t trust him.

TambaBerry 11-01-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 13860960)
Amazing what a contract year can do to a guy.

i really believe this is just a made up thing, could they play harder in their last year sure but if they played well the entire life of the contract then they would demand a huge contract. See Aaron Donald, people are talking about wanting to franchise tag Dee Ford to make him prove that he can do it consistently.

Lzen 11-01-2018 09:18 AM

I don't believe it's the contract year that has Dee Ford playing so well. It's simply the fact that he's healthy. The health issues he's had are what concerns me about giving him a big, long term contract.

htismaqe 11-01-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13860988)
i really believe this is just a made up thing, could they play harder in their last year sure but if they played well the entire life of the contract then they would demand a huge contract. See Aaron Donald, people are talking about wanting to franchise tag Dee Ford to make him prove that he can do it consistently.

I want to tag him so that he can continue to play for us. I'd tag him twice if I could, and then let him go.

I'm not paying a guy with chronic back issues. Ever.

SuperBowl4 11-01-2018 09:21 AM

The heart and soul of the CHIEFS DEEfense!

CoMoChief 11-01-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13860988)

So you admit it's NOT just a made up thing?

Because players, if healthy, generally do play better during a contract yr.

Ford just can't stay healthy ever. And that also matters. Chiefs have been recent repeat victims of contract extensions = players ridin' the pine.

Make Ford do it again under the tag, get another good season out of him. Maybe by some miracle act of God, Speaks will have dropped a shit load of weight by then, gains strength/muscle, and gains the much needed quickness in his game so that letting Ford walk in 2020 won't be such a hard pill to swallow with 2 seasons/offseasons under his belt. Wishful thinking...

I do not think Ford, Berry, AND Houston will all 3 be Chiefs next season. 1 of those players will be gone. Personally I think its Berry. I think the Chiefs go after Collins in FA and Berry ends up being a post June 1 cut.

TambaBerry 11-01-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13861085)
So you admit it's NOT just a made up thing?

Because players, if healthy, generally do play better during a contract yr.

Ford just can't stay healthy ever. And that also matters. Chiefs have been recent repeat victims of contract extensions = players ridin' the pine.

Make Ford do it again under the tag, get another good season out of him. Maybe by some miracle act of God, Speaks will have dropped a shit load of weight by then, gains strength/muscle, and gains the much needed quickness in his game so that letting Ford walk in 2020 won't be such a hard pill to swallow with 2 seasons/offseasons under his belt. Wishful thinking...

I do not think Ford, Berry, AND Houston will all 3 be Chiefs next season. 1 of those players will be gone. Personally I think its Berry. I think the Chiefs go after Collins in FA and Berry ends up being a post June 1 cut.

There are multiple articles and studies done proving otherwise

ToxSocks 11-01-2018 09:50 AM

NFL thrown' him a bone in a contract year. MF'ers. It's a conspiracy to make the Chiefs overpay!

ToxSocks 11-01-2018 09:54 AM

Also, Dee Ford doesn't look any different this year than any other year. He's just on the field more this year.

He's been the same guy for the past few years now. And even in his "healthy" season he's still getting beat up.

Dee has never been a talent/effort/character issue. He's been a health issue.

carcosa 11-01-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13861112)
Also, Dee Ford doesn't look any different this year than any other year. He's just on the field more this year.

He's been the same guy for the past few years now. And even in his "healthy" season he's still getting beat up.

Dee has never been a talent/effort/character issue. He's been a health issue.

yip

Buckweath 11-01-2018 09:58 AM

Dee Ford is doing what Steven Nelson hoped he himself would be doing lol.

Nelson hasn't been bad but he made some Chiefs fans dream prior to the season, with the way he was saying his time had arrived.

htismaqe 11-01-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13861133)
Dee Ford is doing what Steven Nelson hoped he himself would be doing lol.

Nelson hasn't been bad but he made some Chiefs fans dream prior to the season, with the way he was saying his time had arrived.

Nelson's time has arrived.

Just a tad early and tugging on a jersey...

Mecca 11-01-2018 10:03 AM

He did get his back fixed finally after having years of issues with it.