ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Dear Chiefs fans: C'mon, it's not that bad ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319713)

pugsnotdrugs19 12-20-2018 09:49 AM

MELLINGER: Dear Chiefs fans: C'mon, it's not that bad ...

LINK: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...223324950.html

ARTICLE:
Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 12-20-2018 09:52 AM

No. It's even worse. We have the MVP of the league playing QB and we STILL ****ing choke.

FlaChief58 12-20-2018 09:53 AM

No one is worried about the O. The other side of the ball has us scared shitless

Luke Atamadong 12-20-2018 09:55 AM

What are you waiting for?[/B]
[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

We're winning this ****ing game!

Eleazar 12-20-2018 10:13 AM

We're waiting for a team that has a mediocre defense, Sam. Then we could hope. But the league has not devolved to the point yet where the Red Carpet defense is good enough to win a championship.

chiefzilla1501 12-20-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 13972485)
No one is worried about the O. The other side of the ball has us scared shitless

I'll keep bringing this up until I'm blue in the face.

We've been flat out bad on offense all year long when we have a commanding lead. We can blame that all on defense. But it takes an offense to stop moving to allow teams to catch up too. Our bad defense shouldn't distract from the fact that our offense routinely fails in the same exact situational circumstance over and over again. I think most logical people know why this is. But let's just say... Until we fix this, the offense isn't without blame.

rabblerouser 12-20-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Really?

Because, there we were, at the end of the game with a chance to put the game away...all that was needed was a couple first downs...

-5, incomplete, sack, punt

As soon as that happened, you KNEW Rivers was going to drive the field and score.

I'm ALWAYS worried that Big Red will go Full Reidtard at the end of a game when we NEED the offense to step up.

It's uncanny how the fatman snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

rabblerouser 12-20-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13972541)

We've been flat out bad on offense all year long when we have a commanding lead. We can blame that all on defense. But it takes an offense to stop moving to allow teams to catch up too. Our bad defense shouldn't distract from the fact that our offense routinely fails in the same exact situational circumstance over and over again. I think most logical people know why this is. But let's just say... Until we fix this, the offense isn't without blame.

Yup.

Full Reidtard, baby.

FloridaMan88 12-20-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

The offense had a chance to put the game away and couldn't even get a first down.

O.city 12-20-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13972541)

And you continue to be wrong.

The other team gets paid to play too and you aren't going to have an offense be firing on all cylinders every down.

This team is built around the offense, so they should be held to a standard. But saying they need to be perfect every series is just dumb.

Marcellus 12-20-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13972550)
Yup.

Full Reidtard, baby.

So you would feel better if we had a different coach and only scored 28 pts a game on average instead of 37?

Dumbass.

O.city 12-20-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13972547)
Really?

Because, there we were, at the end of the game with a chance to put the game away...all that was needed was a couple first downs...

As soon as that happened, you KNEW Rivers was going to drive the field and score.

I'm ALWAYS worried that Big Red will go Full Reidtard at the end of a game when we NEED the offense to step up.

That's not really how it went though.

-3, 6 yard completion, offsides, sack.

I don't understand how anyone can blame Reid for that.

DaFace 12-20-2018 10:18 AM

Sam's right. But this place thrives on angst and drama, so I'm sure most will disagree.

Marcellus 12-20-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13972556)
And you continue to be wrong.

The other team gets paid to play too and you aren't going to have an offense be firing on all cylinders every down.

This team is built around the offense, so they should be held to a standard. But saying they need to be perfect every series is just dumb.

37 points a game and people are saying the offense is having issues. LMAO

The Franchise 12-20-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13972547)
Really?

Exactly how was that on Reid? He ran the ball on 1st down. Sure....you could maybe blame him for that. 2nd down was a complete pass to Hill. Third down was the penalty and then the sack. Maybe Reid made Harris jump....that could be a thing. Or maybe after that....Reid told the offensive line not to block when the Chargers rushed three. Or what happened was Harris and the offensive line ****ed up.