ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which CB, other than PP, is Veach going to trade for? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323449)

Buckweath 06-17-2019 06:37 AM

Which CB, other than PP, is Veach going to trade for?

It seems very probable that Veach is going to trade for a CB before the season starts.

Who do you think is a realistic option and Veach is going to trade for? Who would you prefer?

I would think a trade with the Vikings is likely as they look to have 5 starting CBs on their roster right now. So Rhodes? Waynes?

I'm actually pretty excited about that defense. There is only the CB position to sort out really.

I know it's been discussed some in the PP thread by the way.

Dante84 06-17-2019 06:40 AM

Josh Norman isn’t happy in Washington. Has chemistry with Fuller. Past his prime but a realistic option, I think.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-17-2019 06:52 AM

A former 1st or 2nd rnd pick who got injured and then lost his starting spot with a new coaching regime change.

Dunerdr 06-17-2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 14311083)
A former 1st or 2nd rnd pick who got injured and then lost his starting spot with a new coaching regime change.

prophet

NIUhuskies 06-17-2019 07:29 AM

Rhodes would be my preference

chiefzilla1501 06-17-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14311078)
Josh Norman isn’t happy in Washington. Has chemistry with Fuller. Past his prime but a realistic option, I think.

I'd actually be OK with that. He might be most willing to do either a discounted long term deal or much more likely a very short term deal where we overpay but have an easy exit.

This is one of those positions where id rather find a stopgap until we groom our own.

Why Not? 06-17-2019 07:34 AM

Obligatory Jack Schitt

arrowheadnation 06-17-2019 07:36 AM

Someone from the Vikings (Tre Waynes probably) to help them free up cap space.

Titty Meat 06-17-2019 07:36 AM

None ****ing stop with the stupid trade ideas

OKchiefs 06-17-2019 09:38 AM

Another Scandrick or Amerson type signing is more likely. Gotta hope for zero injuries at corner, would hate to see Mike Williams go off for another 3 td performance on our secondary again.

YontsRBake 06-17-2019 09:44 AM

I like how Rhodes is being mentioned like he’s just a throwaway piece in a trade. He’s a top 10 CB that we would have no chance at getting lmao.

tmax63 06-17-2019 10:21 AM

Breeland, Fuller and Ward. Thornhill, HB, Lucas, Sorenson. I'm probably forgetting somebody. CP may not agree but I think the Chiefs are ready to roll with what they got unless something just falls into their lap. I don't see them actively trying to trade talent away to get another DB.

Buckweath 06-17-2019 10:37 AM

There is like zero chance Veach doesn't trade for a CB IMO.

Right now the CB situation has the potential to just ruin the defense.

Fuller is good.

Breeland you hope he can stay healthy and then hope he can be good. That guy was signed for cheaper than Jason "made of glass" Verrett. Think about that for a second.

Ward looks like he could be decent but that's again hoping.

Keenan Allen as far as I'm concerned is absolutely right laughing at that group of CBs.

Now you add a good one and it looks like a solid group.

Buckweath 06-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14311195)
I like how Rhodes is being mentioned like he’s just a throwaway piece in a trade. He’s a top 10 CB that we would have no chance at getting lmao.

He was a 10 CB before having a bad season last year and he is now 29 years old.

OKchiefs 06-17-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14311251)
There is like zero chance Veach doesn't trade for a CB IMO.

Right now the CB situation has the potential to just ruin the defense.

Fuller is good.

Breeland you hope he can stay healthy and then hope he can be good. That guy was signed for cheaper than Jason "made of glass" Verrett. Think about that for a second.

Ward looks like he could be decent but that's again hoping.

Keenan Allen as far as I'm concerned is absolutely right laughing at that group of CBs.

Now you add a good one and it looks like a solid group.

Veach went into last season with first Amerson and then Scandrick as his answer at cornerback. He refused to make a trade at the deadline and has avoided drafting any cornerbacks outside of some Gamble's at the end of the draft. Why exactly is it a guarantee that he'll do any different this year?

Hopefully Ward is legit and/or Mark Fields is a hidden gem, because what we have is likely it. I hope I'm wrong.