ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thanks to Harrison and Dustin! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329641)

gblowfish 03-01-2020 06:46 PM

Thanks to Harrison and Dustin!

1 Attachment(s)
When I got to attend the Chiefs BBQ dinner with Twisted Chief and FDE, I had a long conversation with Dustin Conquitt. We were told that this dinner was an informal gathering, and not a fanboi event, so don't bring a bunch of stuff for autographs. So we didn't. I did ask a favor of Colquitt. A couple days before the dinner, my wife had bought me a children's book of Charlie Brown and Lucy kicking the football. Many of my long time Chiefs friends have made fun of me for my fandom, because we always had the ball pulled away in the Playoffs. I told Colquitt that my wife went to church with Buttkicker, and that I got this book for Christmas. I thought it would be really cool if I could get him and Buttkicker to sign it for me as a one of a kind item. He laughed and told me, "You tell your wife to take the book to church, and tell Harrison I told you to give it to him. Tell him to bring it to work (Chiefs Practice) and we'll get it signed for you, and he can take it back to church with him after." So the weekend after the Chargers Game (First week of playoffs-Chiefs had bye) my wife saw Buttker at church and told him the story. He said sure, we can do that. So of course they got busy with playoffs and Super Bowl. Today at Church Buttker was there and gave the book back to my wife. Pretty cool, really nice guys! Wanted to publicly thank them for being great guys and true to their word. And thanks TC for the opportunity to meet Colquitt. Pic of the signed book attached:

SuperBowl4 03-01-2020 06:52 PM

:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::thumb:

seclark 03-01-2020 07:00 PM

Nails
sec

tmax63 03-01-2020 07:17 PM

This is the kind of stuff football players are supposed to do instead of making it rain Benjamin's in a strip club.

scho63 03-01-2020 07:17 PM

How apropos. :thumb:

ClarkGriswold 03-01-2020 07:21 PM

That is freaking awesome!!!!!!!

Chief Roundup 03-01-2020 07:26 PM

Awesome!!!

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-01-2020 07:27 PM

Religion appears to play a large part in NFL lives.

Randallflagg 03-01-2020 07:51 PM

How cool is that!! :clap:

KCFalcon59 03-01-2020 07:53 PM

That is so ****ing awesome!!!!!

Buehler445 03-01-2020 07:54 PM

Noice. Good work by those 2

Bump 03-01-2020 08:19 PM

just could resist bothering them for an autograph after being told not to do that before you went? stay classy

gblowfish 03-01-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14820434)
just could resist bothering them for an autograph after being told not to do that before you went? stay classy

They told us not to take stuff with us to the bar, and we didn't. I only asked because I thought Dustin would get a "kick" out of it (he did) and he said he was totally cool with signing it if Harrison would bring it to practice. So there, Mr. Troll Smarty Pants.

Knowing how to ask somebody nicely and respectfully is half the battle. Worst they can say is no.

Bump 03-01-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14820444)
They told us not to take stuff with us to the bar, and we didn't. I only asked because I thought Dustin would get a "kick" out of it (he did) and he said he was totally cool with signing it if Harrison would bring it to practice. So there, Mr. Troll Smarty Pants.

Knowing how to ask somebody nicely and respectfully is half the battle. Worst they can say is no.

lol just bustin your balls

Kman34 03-01-2020 08:46 PM

Can this year get any better Mr Blowfish??? Let's do it again next year...