ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Could this team run the table? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333891)

RaidersOftheCellar 09-29-2020 06:15 AM

Could this team run the table?

After dominating arguably the toughest game on the schedule...when do they lose?

If I had to bet, I’d probably say that they’ll have an off night and get tripped up by one of the Bills/Saints/Tampa, or overlook a lesser team. But if there were ever a chance to go 16-0, this is it. The talent and coaching is there, and you’re not going to face an intimidating road atmosphere all season.

JD10367 09-29-2020 06:18 AM

Coming from someone who has to live with "18-1" taunts, my advice is: don't wish for it. It's too much pressure. The 1985 Bears were 15-1. There's no way you're not winning your division and getting the #1 seed and the bye, now that you've knocked off the only real competition for that position in the Ravens. You're better off with a dumb loss in the season to take the pressure off.

cookster50 09-29-2020 06:24 AM

Could, yes. Will, no. Are we really going to see this same freaking topic after every freaking week this year?

pugsnotdrugs19 09-29-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 15202432)
Coming from someone who has to live with "18-1" taunts, my advice is: don't wish for it. It's too much pressure. The 1985 Bears were 15-1. There's no way you're not winning your division and getting the #1 seed and the bye, now that you've knocked off the only real competition for that position in the Ravens. You're better off with a dumb loss in the season to take the pressure off.

That’s kinda how I feel.. don’t need any more pressure than there is already as the single team with a bye, if KC gets that.

But if they go 16-0, it’s also hard to bitch.

smithandrew051 09-29-2020 06:27 AM

Since the Chiefs are 3-0, it’s still possible but not likely.

It’s too easy to have a bad game at the wrong time. I mean, we did JUST win an OT game against a team that won’t make the playoffs.

Deberg_1990 09-29-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 15202432)

Yes. This. Pats, Bills and Buccaneers are hardest games left. I’m hoping they drop at least 1 loss towards the end of the year, but they are going to have to rest starters for that to happen. The Chiefs are just too talented for most teams.

backinblack 09-29-2020 06:30 AM

It's the Chiefs way to totally destroy a team like the Ravens where many think it will be a close game, but to struggle and/or lose against a team they have no business losing to, like the Falcons or Panthers.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-29-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15202449)
It's the Chiefs way to totally destroy a team like the Ravens where many think it will be a close game, but to struggle and/or lose against a team they have no business losing to, like the Falcons or Panthers.

It won’t be the Raiders, I can assure you that

backinblack 09-29-2020 06:33 AM

well duh

RaidersOftheCellar 09-29-2020 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 15202436)
Could, yes. Will, no. Are we really going to see this same freaking topic after every freaking week this year?

I haven’t seen it yet.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 09-29-2020 06:38 AM

They got cocky last night against a fraud QB. Things started going south quick. Arrogance not good

BlackOp 09-29-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15202442)
Since the Chiefs are 3-0, it’s still possible but not likely.

It’s too easy to have a bad game at the wrong time. I mean, we did JUST win an OT game against a team that won’t make the playoffs.

As I said earlier this week in the Ravens thread...Andy absolutely has been playing chess, so far, this season.

There really hadn't been much motion..and just a handful of creative plays through week two.

Last night, he uncorked a lot of amazing play calls. The pitch back to Mahomes...was awesome.

They were sleep walking against the Chargers...which I'm assuming was because they thought Taylor was starting. LA had barely beaten the Bengals the week prior...

Injuries, buying your own hype...overlooking a lesser opponent. KC will still likely lose a couple of games...they lost to Brisset last season.

Undefeated prime Rodgers lost to the 2-14 Chiefs...and went 15-1. That would be like the Jets beating Mahomes this year...

CupidStunt 09-29-2020 06:40 AM

They're better than every team they play so... of course. But they won't. The NFL doesn't work like that. Look at last week. A couple of those will go against us.

The best thing about last night was KC showing up and clearly wanting to remind people who they are after everyone and their mom picked the Ravens and was slobbering over Lamar. There'll be games where they just don't bring that type of energy. It's human.

Deberg_1990 09-29-2020 06:41 AM

Bills and Bucs are the best shot at a loss.

Eleazar 09-29-2020 06:43 AM

It's just not something that happens in the NFL. You drop a game here and there no matter how good you are.