ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Have to give Sorensen some love.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339775)

BlackOp 09-15-2021 04:32 AM

Have to give Sorensen some love....

People like to rag on him for being a slow, freaky white Mormon worshiping some three-headed alien deity.

But this dude has made a LOT of momentum changing plays...it's uncanny.

That Mayfeild INT was caused by him grabbing his ankles...just like he instigated the fumble that sparked the comeback against the Texans.

He's made more game changing plays than Justin Houston ever did....

Just wanted to give him a shout-out...nobody mentioned him in the Browns win.

Simply Red 09-15-2021 04:36 AM

Thank you!

tyecopeland 09-15-2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15834260)
People like to rag on him for being a slow, freaky white Mormon worshiping some three-headed alien deity.

But this dude has made a LOT of momentum changing plays...it's uncanny.

That Mayfeild INT was caused by him grabbing his ankles...just like he instigated the fumble that sparked the comeback against the Texans.

He's made more game changing plays than Justin Houston ever did....

Just wanted to give him a shout-out...nobody mentioned him in the Browns win.

First of all, there were several posts giving him props in numerous threads.

Secondly, he's controlled by the league office. He plays like a slow average white dude until the league tells him he needs to make a play to control the outcome. They have his helmet wired.

Rainbarrel 09-15-2021 05:32 AM

The new Maslowski.

Why Not? 09-15-2021 06:06 AM

You could argue we don't win either Browns game without Dirty Dan.

ThaVirus 09-15-2021 06:09 AM

I mean, I think he sucks. He sucks so bad, but I cannot deny that the man does have a knack for making big plays. I'd say it's just inevitable with the amount of snaps the guy plays, but Hitchens, Clark, Ward, etc. aren't out there making game-changing plays at the clip Sorenson is so... Idk.

I want him replaced but I'd can probably five or six other defensive contributors before I made my way to him.

Ghost of Maslowski 09-15-2021 06:11 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/pdcDFnm2/landlord-endorsed.jpg

ChiefsFanatic 09-15-2021 06:16 AM

Honestly, if he could add 30 pounds of muscle, I would be all for him replacing 56.

Dirty Dan makes a lot of big plays, and I have decided to stop blaming him every time he gets beat by wide receivers and tight ends, because it's really Spags' scheme that continually puts him in positions to fail.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

RealSNR 09-15-2021 06:17 AM

He's great in his usual backup role. He's a very valuable player for this team.

It's bad if there's an injury and he winds up starting, but other than that...

Pasta Little Brioni 09-15-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15834328)
I mean, I think he sucks. He sucks so bad, but I cannot deny that the man does have a knack for making big plays. I'd say it's just inevitable with the amount of snaps the guy plays, but Hitchens, Clark, Ward, etc. aren't out there making game-changing plays at the clip Sorenson is so... Idk.

I want him replaced but I'd can probably five or six other defensive contributors before I made my way to him.

Uhhh....so he doesn't "suck" then. He's an average player who has made a ridiculous number of game changing plays. It's weird as ****

FlaChief58 09-15-2021 08:12 AM

I never have understood the dirty Dan hate. You can't have superstars at every position. He may not be the biggest, fastest or strongest, but he's a smart football player and has an uncanny knack for making the big play when we need it.

Bl00dyBizkitz 09-15-2021 08:14 AM

Yeah I genuinely don't understand how he does it, but all this guy does is make plays. Its kind of hilarious with all of his other weaknesses, but I'm still glad he's on our team.

DJ's left nut 09-15-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15834336)
He's great in his usual backup role. He's a very valuable player for this team.

It's bad if there's an injury and he winds up starting, but other than that...

Sorensen is funny because people get him completely wrong because he's a white dude and because he smoked some dude with a forearm once.

There's some presumption that he's this super slow, physical box safety that likes to hit guys and get torched. He's really the opposite. He's nowhere near as physical as his reputation (he's not a great tackler at all) and he's a hell of a lot more athletic than his rep.

He's a pretty rank and file conventional free safety sort of player. He doesn't have the athleticism for single high, but he he can absolutely cover a bit. He isn't physical enough to be a starting SS but he'll at least run to the football and try to finish a play.

And yeah, him hitting Mayfields foot through just making a motor play is what caused that ball to get picked. I still think Baker was trying to throw it OOB and the hit caused it to flutter on him.

oldman 09-15-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15834328)
I cannot deny that the man does have a knack for making big plays. I'd say it's just inevitable with the amount of snaps the guy plays, but Hitchens, Clark, Ward, etc. aren't out there making game-changing plays at the clip Sorenson

Some of the biggest D plays in recent history have been courtesy of Dirty Dan. Where was Clark, our big money DE? He was not even in uniform. Hitchens? The same 2 tackles and 2 assists that Sorenson had. Sorenson just seems to be in the right place at the right time every game. When Pringle makes $2.1M and Dan makes $2.5M, tell me who's the most overpaid.

HC_Chief 09-15-2021 08:23 AM

He's a playmaker, no doubt