ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills/ Bengals [cancelled - process in OP] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826)

cmh6476 01-03-2023 08:15 AM

Bills/ Bengals [cancelled - process in OP]

In case anyone needs it spelled out, we would play at a neutral site if the AFCCG ends up being Chiefs vs. Bills. All other scenarios abide by the usual rules (so any other game the Chiefs play will be at home).

Old posts:
Spoiler!

Lzen 01-03-2023 08:20 AM

Will be interesting to see how they handle this. Adding another week to the season sounds like something that would be a logistics nightmare for the entire league. Not to mention fans that already have flights and hotels booked will be screwed. Of course, no matter what they do, some will be unhappy.

TLO 01-03-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16705639)
Will be interesting to see how they handle this. Adding another week to the season sounds like something that would be a logistics nightmare for the entire league. Not to mention fans that already have flights and hotels booked will be screwed. Of course, no matter what they do, some will be unhappy.

It's unfortunate, but there's going to be angry people no matter what the decision. I don't know what the right call is, I just know I'm glad I'm not the one making the decision

cmh6476 01-03-2023 08:23 AM

Quote:

Yes. I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?

Dartgod 01-03-2023 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16705644)
Yes. I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?

I can have compassion and empathy for the guy in the hospital and still be pissed if they push the entire NFL schedule back one week. I have plane and game tickets in Vegas this weekend and will not be happy if that game is rescheduled.

Imon Yourside 01-03-2023 08:27 AM

Quote:

I would think playing right away today would be the best option for the fans but I'm sure the players aren't ready yet.

BleedingRed 01-03-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 16705647)
I can have compassion and empathy for the guy in the hospital and still be pissed if they push the entire NFL schedule back one week. I have plane and game tickets in Vegas this weekend and will not be happy if that game is rescheduled.

This,

But not only this, the other 30 Teams don't deserve punishment because neither team wanted to continue the game. (Regardless if its right or wrong)

cmh6476 01-03-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

I can understand that. I was also thinking about all those Bills fans that made the trip to the game last night. How they heck are they supposed to make a reschedule work? And what about all the money they spent on travel? I feel for all of them.

TwistedChief 01-03-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16705644)
At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?

Well, probably fans of the Bengals and Bills who would clearly be disadvantaged as a result as it relates to potential postseason seeding.

BleedingRed 01-03-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16705654)
Well, probably fans of the Bengals and Bills who would clearly be disadvantaged as a result as it relates to potential postseason seeding.

To be fair that was those Teams' DECISION last night. It would be a unfair advantage to allow them to play the game which they choose to NOT play.

Coogs 01-03-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 16705651)
I would think playing right away today would be the best option for the fans but I'm sure the players aren't ready yet.

The window for playing today is probably pretty small right now.

Dartgod 01-03-2023 08:31 AM

I think the best solution that will be the least impactful to all NFL teams, including the Bengals and Bills, is to resume the game tomorrow and then reschedule their week 18 games for Monday night.

BleedingRed 01-03-2023 08:32 AM

As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game.

Hoover 01-03-2023 08:32 AM

This is a shit sandwich for everyone involved, Bengals, Bills, and the NFL.

I think the best thing to do is just not play the game. Then do the seeding by winning %.

Chiefs would have the #1 seed, but still need to win.

Buffalo and Bengals still have a shot at the #1 seed.

kcclone 01-03-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

That would be a league wide nightmare. If anything, it seems like let the Bills/Bengals play this weekend, then push the 4 teams affected to that following week.

Let the other 28 teams play this weekend.