ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Wow. Don't press send. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348163)

Wallcrawler 03-31-2023 08:17 AM

Wow. Don't press send.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lol I came into the league behind Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins and people thought I supposed to become a #1 WR 😂</p>&mdash; Mecole Hardman Jr. (@MecoleHardman4) <a href="https://twitter.com/MecoleHardman4/status/1640152929616252930?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What kind of person looking to get paid posts some shit like this?

Not only is this an admission of not being that guy, and never will be, hell, youre not even up to the challenge, but it's also hilariously inaccurate.

When Tyreek Hill left, Mecole Hardman had the #1 WR spot for the taking. More experience in the system than Juju, Skyy, MVS, and Justin Watson, and you STILL weren't that guy.

Making excuses saying herp derp everyone else was better than me is the dumbest thing you can post. Good luck with Aaron Rodgers.

AdolfOliverBush 03-31-2023 08:22 AM

Hardman continuing the tradition of WRs leaving KC and saying dumb shit.

Iowanian 03-31-2023 08:25 AM

Maybe that's why Veach hit SEND on Hardman's walking papers email.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-31-2023 08:29 AM

It was a desperation pick from the start that they wouldn't have made if they knew Hill was going to be cleared, and there's a reason they didn't make him an offer when his contract expired.

Bye, Mecole.

ptlyon 03-31-2023 08:31 AM

That's hard, man

Bob Dole 03-31-2023 08:42 AM

Maybe you can be the #1 on a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 12 years, Nicole.

smithandrew051 03-31-2023 08:45 AM

Minus the 2018 draft, it’s still pretty awesome that our “bad” or “disappointing” picks still find a way to be productive on this team. We have it pretty damn good.

Hardman and CEH probably get the most criticism, yet Hardman scored 20 TDs and CEH scored 17 TDs as Chiefs.

When we miss on picks, we don’t miss near as bad as most franchises.

TEX 03-31-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16883582)
Minus the 2018 draft, it’s still pretty awesome that our “bad” or “disappointing” picks still find a way to be productive on this team. We have it pretty damn good.

Hardman and CEH probably get the most criticism, yet Hardman scored 20 TDs and CEH scored 17 TDs as Chiefs.

When we miss on picks, we don’t miss near as bad as most franchises.

IMO, Reid's scheme accounts for that.

staylor26 03-31-2023 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16883585)

Yea, it's all Reid's scheme! Nothing to do with the fact that Hardman is a terrific gadget guy, even if that's all he turned out to be.

O.city 03-31-2023 08:51 AM

Ok, Reid's scheme accounts for it. Last I checked said scheme isn't leaving....so......

redfan 03-31-2023 08:54 AM

What a doofus!!

smithandrew051 03-31-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16883585)

It’s okay to be happy. Who hurt you?

DJ's left nut 03-31-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16883567)
It was a desperation pick from the start that they wouldn't have made if they knew Hill was going to be cleared, and there's a reason they didn't make him an offer when his contract expired.

Bye, Mecole.

Yup.

It wasn't the pick they'd have made but/for the Hill situation (thanks again, Jabba the ****). And once it resolved they were left with trying to make chicken salad.

And in many many ways they did. Hardman was hugely instrumental to the 2019 championship run, especially over the latter half of the season and into the playoffs. And I think he was due for a big year this year in Hill's absence but for the first time in his career, he got hurt.

It was bad circumstances and bad luck that led to a pick that really ended up being okay when all was said and done. I mean I think he was probably among the top 40 guys taken to this point from that draft (no really, look it up) and he went 56th.

If he didn't make the top 40, it was still pretty close. He's no worse than a top 60 player in terms of overall contributions.

I think he made a mistake leaving but in the end it seems pretty apparent that it all ran its course. I ain't gonna shit on him for that.

Gravedigger 03-31-2023 09:06 AM

Once we got Toney, Hardman became expendable, similar to Pacheco and Clyde. We kinda reached for Hardman back in the day anyways with the Tyreek situation still unfolding, so we can likely safely say that any speed guy that runs a 4.3 would do well in this offense. But he's right, no more than a #3.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-31-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16883612)
Yup.

It wasn't the pick they'd have made but/for the Hill situation (thanks again, Jabba the ****). And once it resolved they were left with trying to make chicken salad.

And in many many ways they did. Hardman was hugely instrumental to the 2019 championship run, especially over the latter half of the season and into the playoffs. And I think he was due for a big year this year in Hill's absence but for the first time in his career, he got hurt.

It was bad circumstances and bad luck that led to a pick that really ended up being okay when all was said and done. I mean I think he was probably among the top 40 guys taken to this point from that draft (no really, look it up) and he went 56th.

If he didn't make the top 40, it was still pretty close. He's no worse than a top 60 player in terms of overall contributions.

I think he made a mistake leaving but in the end it seems pretty apparent that it all ran its course. I ain't gonna shit on him for that.

Totally agree, the pick was far from a bust and we ended up getting plenty of miles out of the guy. Many memorable big plays, the jump pass from Mahomes he took to the house against Tennessee was my favorite. My kids still watch that one all the time. "Look out, afterburner time! Hardman!" Classic.

No ill will towards him at all, it's exactly like you said his time ran it's course here. It happens.