ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   FF Trade Help.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98574)

KevB 09-14-2004 09:49 AM

FF Trade Help....

I've got a deep backfield with Faulk, Martin, Brown, Griffin and T. Jones. My QBs are Brooks and Carr. Brooks has been decent in the past, but he and that Saints offense just scares me. I'm considering trading Griffin and Brooks for Culpepper. Would you do that deal?

Hoover 09-14-2004 09:59 AM

If you can get Culpepper for Brooks and Griffin you are the Donald of FF.

There is now way the dude with Culpeper would give him up for anything less than a Stud RB plus some WR help.

What you need to do is Trade for a QB like Green, McNair, Pennington.

I have Brooks, and while I'm not thrilled about it, he does have weapons, and I think that offense will be ok.

jspchief 09-14-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
I've got a deep backfield with Faulk, Martin, Brown, Griffin and T. Jones. My QBs are Brooks and Carr. Brooks has been decent in the past, but he and that Saints offense just scares me. I'm considering trading Griffin and Brooks for Culpepper. Would you do that deal?

If you can get it done,do it. I doubt he'll accept or the league will pass it though.

wutamess 09-14-2004 10:17 AM

If Griffith continues his pace he's FFLs's number 1-2 back. I don't think the trade is so lopsided.

jspchief 09-14-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
If Griffith continues his pace he's FFLs's number 1-2 back. I don't think the trade is so lopsided.

Difference being, Culpepper is a commodity, while Griffin is a one game wonder that put up big numbers against a suspect D.

Hoover 09-14-2004 10:30 AM

I have Q and I'm trying to deal him for Trent Green

There is no way I'd do that deal if I had Green, but this dude needs help at RB, and I'm loaded. So maybe he will send a counter offer.

My Backs are
Alexander
Rudi Johnson
Chris Brown
Q
O Smith

e_train69 09-14-2004 11:02 AM

I would not trade Q away. He is gonna keep putting up major points. I believe he is the real deal and gonna be the starter all year. Your RB's may be deep, but you need stud RB's. I see Griffen and Brown doing good for you all season. If I was going to try and trade a RB it would be Martin or Faulk. Their stock is high right now and I think you could get a good QB for one of them. Hassleback, Green, or Pennington is who I would target.

KevB 09-14-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_train69
I would not trade Q away. He is gonna keep putting up major points. I believe he is the real deal and gonna be the starter all year. Your RB's may be deep, but you need stud RB's. I see Griffen and Brown doing good for you all season. If I was going to try and trade a RB it would be Martin or Faulk. Their stock is high right now and I think you could get a good QB for one of them. Hassleback, Green, or Pennington is who I would target.

Problem with trading Faulk or Martin is that this is a keeper league, and young running backs are a hot commodity (older backs are not valuable to many of these guys). The guy I would be trading with is rebuilding, as his #2 RB (Bennett is out injured) is Eddie George. His #1 is Dillon. The chance to potentially get a young stud RB could cause him to be willing to deal CPep. I also have R. Moss, and pairing him with CPep would be fun to follow.

LVNHACK 09-14-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
If you can get Culpepper for Brooks and Griffin you are the Donald of FF.

There is now way the dude with Culpeper would give him up for anything less than a Stud RB plus some WR help.

What you need to do is Trade for a QB like Green, McNair, Pennington.

I have Brooks, and while I'm not thrilled about it, he does have weapons, and I think that offense will be ok.

Gotta agree, there in no way in hell I'd get rid of Culpepper....

penguinz 09-14-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Q will have to make it thru a full season first. If he does not change things he will be hurt by mid season.

Hoover 09-14-2004 01:40 PM

OK I can see wanting a young back, but why give up a stud young QB? thats just stupid.

Mile High Mania 09-14-2004 01:41 PM

Tough call... it's just week one, kinda early to talk about trading big time players. Especially RBs. Lots of players were hurt in week 1... RB is the thinnest pool of talent, so I would be more likely to hang on to your RBs for a few weeks.

Throw out Faulk and see what he says. Faulk and Martin have high value right now, but don't trade away a young Keeper after 1 week.

Any other QBs out there that you can ship Faulk for?

Swanman 09-14-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'll have to wait until after the Jacksonville game to see if Quentin Griffith (copyright Joe Theismann) is the real deal this season. I still have a feeling he'll get caught up in a numbers game this season at RB unless he can put up monster numbers in the first four weeks. I don't see him doing a lot against the Jags run defense and it seems like the folks in Denver are real high on Tatum Bell so he may start taking carries away further into the season, not to mention some token touches for Hearst.

KevB 09-14-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
OK I can see wanting a young back, but why give up a stud young QB? thats just stupid.

Because he'd also be getting back a young QB in Brooks who has been 5th, 6th and 6th in QB ranking over the last three seasons in our league. The difference between Culpepper/George and Brooks/Griffin is essentially what this deal is all about.

KevB 09-14-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Tough call... it's just week one, kinda early to talk about trading big time players. Especially RBs. Lots of players were hurt in week 1... RB is the thinnest pool of talent, so I would be more likely to hang on to your RBs for a few weeks.

Throw out Faulk and see what he says. Faulk and Martin have high value right now, but don't trade away a young Keeper after 1 week.

Any other QBs out there that you can ship Faulk for?

I hear you, and that's my concern in dealing Griffin. He has no interest in Faulk or Martin unfortunately. There's an owner who is clueless who has Hasselbeck, Bulger and Palmer who I could potentially deal with in regards to Faulk. It's been my 2nd option.