PDA

View Full Version : Mariners are making the Yankees sweat...

Buzzbait
10-17-2000, 10:06 PM
I thought we were toast for sure, but we put up three runs on Mariano Rivera in the eighth to cut the lead to two.

A-rod and Edgar will bat in the ninth against a shaken Rivera...

I am so sick of hearing about a subway series i could yak!!

GO MARINERS!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-17-2000).]

aaaaa
10-17-2000, 10:23 PM
Tough loss, Joe. I was hoping Edgar would come through. Rivera usually can't get him out.

Oh well. The M's had a great season. They put the hoodoo on the Sox and put a scare into the Yankees. They have enough pitching to be around for a while, too. They'll be back again soon!

j molina
10-18-2000, 07:16 AM
I'm sick of baseball, New York can have it. Just move all of the teams there and rename them (Queens Quackers, Staten Island Sissies, Brooklyn Bungholes). If this friggin same city world series crap doesn't send a message to MLB that they need some long due parity, then screw baseball. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Dave Lane
10-18-2000, 07:18 AM
Baseball sucks. With no salary cap & no revenue sharing, I could care less who wins or loses.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Fat Homer
10-18-2000, 07:28 AM
Too bad for the Mariners...I was hoping they could pull it off...now I have to hear about the Subway Series for another two weeks...It's bad enought I have to listen to the Show Me Showdown....I think I'll turn off the sound for a while....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

gh4chiefs
10-18-2000, 09:51 AM
JOE- sweat is all they could do if the YANKEES were even??? i highly dont think so. just like the seahawks they the mariners will be sitting at home come the BIGG DANCE. YANKEES IN 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat Homer
10-18-2000, 10:26 AM
I predict the Yankees will score at least 9 runs in game six... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif