PDA

View Full Version : Gun has figured out the solution to fix the losing streak!

Devin Vierth
11-30-2000, 12:38 AM
Yes,

Our great Gunther has realized the problem, it is how our first year and rookie players (seems redundant) dress. Yes fans line up to watch us destroy the Pats now that Gun has fined 10 players (all rookies and first year Chiefs) $610 each, the league maximum) for violating the dress code. Yes these players who are obviously subverting our ability to win, will now turn the team around and lead us to a victory.

Does this seem like a huge misplacement of priorities. Shouldn't Gun be figuring out a real game plan, some strategy, why the running game is an unmitigated disaster. No Gun is worried about how our young guys are dressed. There is no way this will turn into a distraction based on misplaced priorities, because Gun has his timing and act together.

Duck Dog
11-30-2000, 04:59 AM
Why does this not surprise me?

We're in for a long season next year if this fool isn't fired.

Over-Head
11-30-2000, 07:06 AM
Aren't you being just a little dramatic? It would seem that you are grabbing at straws. There are reasons to be upset, but this one is reaching.

I am guessing that you have no idea of the work atmosphere or what Gun is working on. I doubt seriously that he has sat down and implimented a new dress code. The rules were already established and to let the players get a feeling of comfort so high that they feel the rules are only for the veterans, or that the rules do not apply to them would be a gross oversight.

I understand your frustration. But don't go off the deep end like some of the other fools on this board.

Dan

ChiTown
11-30-2000, 07:58 AM
It all comes down to discipline. Mental or otherwise it's probably gotten-sp lax and it has to be reestablished. Might be a big reason for our 4 game slide.

Quarterback
11-30-2000, 08:18 AM
Discipline is fine and well, but I'm less concerned about their habadashery than their penchance for jumping offsides, running bad routes, missing blocks, etc.

Fine them $610 for every offsides or false start. Then I'll applaud the newfound interest in discipline.

Phobia
11-30-2000, 08:43 AM
During the offseason earlier this year, wasnt there an article about how Gun had fined the team in excess of 1 Million dollars last year in fines?

Sounds like whatever he did last year, isnt working on or off the field this year.<P>

Logical
11-30-2000, 09:02 AM
This should do wonders for team morale. This guy is a genius, a true leader of men. If I were Gun I would have taken some of that fine money from last year to purchase the hottest hookers on the planet. If you win we are going to have one hell of a party.

BIG DADDY
Finds that VERY motivating. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

TEX
11-30-2000, 09:05 AM
I don't think I could accept a dresscode fine from a guy who wore those yellow glasses...

I agree...how about fining some DL for offsides penalties???but that would probably be over ol' Jester's head...

Gunther is Crusty the Clown.

milkman
11-30-2000, 09:26 AM
Iowa - He wore those ugly glasses for medical reasons...

Morphius
Just thought he would throw that out.

Lurker Brett
11-30-2000, 09:55 AM
Well, though I agree, there are more important issues, at least he done something. Makes me wonder, if all those guys just decided last weekend was the week they didn't dress? Maybe he should have done it, on the first of the three game swing out West. But that is only speculation.

Devin Vierth
11-30-2000, 07:27 PM
Dan Edwards,

You are a consistent defender of Gun, and I respect that. I just think the timing is ridiculous. I severely doubt that this is the first time for the problem, but who knows. The fact that it was only first year players and rookies seems odd. Personally I am annoyed that over and over we have no real gameplan, we are unable to adjust, and the team is clearly not as well prepared as the other teams. This just seems to be another case of misplaced priorities.

Yosemity Sam
11-30-2000, 09:21 PM
I agree with chuck_in