View Full Version : US Army Smacks LeftWing Bleeding Heart

AustinChief
09-15-2000, 09:16 PM
My Brother-in-law just sent this... and I love it.

This is an extract of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General
Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation.

Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?"

LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range."

Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

End of Interview
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif<BR>

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2000, 09:28 PM
Oh DAMN!!! Now that was done in artistic fasion.

Russ - Did you hear that the FCC has decided that all digital media devices in the house, HDTV, digital cable, VCR's and the such will have to have protection so that when something is on TV that the industry doesn't want us to copy we will not be able to make copies of it. Gotta love the movie industry, bastages.

AustinChief
09-15-2000, 09:38 PM
Morph - Interesting. Do you have a site on it, or was it through other media?

Of course, you know they will never win. People love to copy and collect. We are a large breed of packrat, and no silly industry will ever defeat that.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2000, 09:51 PM
Actually I have 2 links http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif
http://www.latimes.com/business/20000915/t000086946.html
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20000915/pl/digital_tv_kids_3.html

AustinChief
09-15-2000, 10:05 PM
Jeff - Sounds like a real slippery slope they are surmounting. I am willing to bet that the final laws will be nothing like the industry or the consumer wants. And I will bet the same amount that if the decision is a negative one in the consumers' eyes that my current issues of Popular Mechanic will have several back pages dedicated to the sales of descramblers.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2000, 10:13 PM
Russ - I read about this first on Slashdot.com, which is home to many people who enjoy taking apart stuff and seeing what they can do with it. I have become so sick of the Movie/TV companies it is beyond words. The way they feel that we are all going to become law breakers and start to pass around movies so that everyone can copy is so pathetic. It didn't happen with Audio tapes, VHS tapes or anything else, yet they keep assuming that we are going to create a black market. I'm so ticked that cool technologies keep getting held back from us because they are worried about morals, but of course I guess they backed Clinton with all the crap he did, so they must know themselves as thieves and assume we are the same as them. At least that is the best I can come up with.

AustinChief
09-15-2000, 10:17 PM
Morph - What is truly sad is those movies that they are so worried I am going to sell en masse, I can pick up at WalMart for 4.99 - 8.00 on sale. I don't think that the movie market is making much of a killing on tape sales as it is on rentals.

DaKCMan AP
09-15-2000, 10:29 PM
Russ - I really don't know what they are thinking. It is not like we are all secertly planning on running out and opening our own little theaters and use their digital copies to charge people to come see them. Like I said, I have no idea what they are thinking.

j molina
09-16-2000, 02:52 AM
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that.

sun
09-16-2000, 03:45 AM
I hope he runs for office. That is the kind of attitude we need.

------------------
He cannot ravish, he can only woo

suds79
09-16-2000, 07:10 AM
AIRBORNE!
LOL
You tell 'em, General!
KCJ
82nd Airborne Division