PDA

View Full Version : Empty Seats at Arrowhead?

CarolinaChief
09-17-2000, 05:20 PM
Somebody help me out here... While scanning over the crowd in the 2nd quarter, the camara picked up SEVERAL EMPTY seats at the stadium. It was almost a whole section. I'd like to think everyone was hungry, had to pee, or SOMETHING other than just apathy. Hey, if you don't want YOUR tickets, let me know!!!

------------------
GO PITT!

htismaqe
09-17-2000, 05:40 PM
Bob Dole was sitting at the bar and heard the same thing from a Denver fan nearby. It did appear that there as an entire section almost devoid of fans.

DanT
09-17-2000, 05:42 PM
Not to change the subject......but what about those Bearcats? Woooohooooo!!!!!!

Duck Dog
09-17-2000, 06:18 PM
Ditto,

I would love those tickets also.

ROBHONDA
09-17-2000, 08:05 PM
I was at the game and maybe my seat was one of the empty ones you saw. It was extremely hot today and I myself had to spend most of the first half in the concourse out of the sun. When I did sit in my seat, I also noticed many empty seats around. There were alot of people in the concourse area watching on the monitors.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2000, 09:15 PM
Dartgod - You wuss (grin). The only section really empty dearing the game was an upper corner section, everything else looked pretty full. There were 2 empty seats next to me, which is great cause I just move over and have an empty seat on each side of me. Much more confy.

Duck Dog
09-17-2000, 09:18 PM
Man,,,,,,,,

I could have snuck in your pocket...

haha.

I bet it was rocking

Bob Dole
09-17-2000, 09:59 PM
It was hot as hell at the game today and everyone was moving to the mist stations on and off especially 2 to 3 minutes before half and 2 to 3 minutes after the half.

ColoradoChief
09-18-2000, 05:37 AM
PG,

I saw the section you were referring to and I think maybe that was the "San Diego" section. At the Indy game that section was full of fans clad in blue. So I'm assuming that's a section reserved for the away team. So either they returned the tickets and we didn't sell them, or the San Diego fans just didn't show. Other than that, I didn't see a whole lot of empty seats, at least not in bunches. But as several people have already said, it was pretty damn hot out there.

In any event, they announced the game as a sellout.

------------------
Gary