PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil and Compensation

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if he was under contract with the Rams? Curious if we are going to have to throw them a bone or not...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:25 AM
Now Gawd Damn it, I am going to be very pi$$ed if we give up more compensation for Vermeil than we received for Marty...Knowing CP negotiation skills we will receive two 3rd rounders and have to give up two 2nd rounders...

------------------

Bob Dole
01-04-2001, 09:28 AM
Since ESPN states that the Rams denied KC permission to speak with Vermeil, Bob Dole's guess is that he's still under contract.

Phobia
01-04-2001, 09:30 AM
Vermeil only had 1 year left on his contract with the Rams, much like Marty. I highly doubt the Rams could get more compensation than the 'skins gave.

One point of contension will be that the Rams are bound to lose assistants because Vermeil will take Saunders & possibly others....

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 09:32 AM
Based on them saying they have not agreeed on compensation yet leads JL80 to think the CP is busy giving up a 1st rounder... :mad:

------------------

58Forever
01-04-2001, 09:35 AM
The MSNBC story says that we'd have to give up cash or draft picks or Vermeil would have to pay back his bonus that he got for winning the SB...it doesn't specify how much cash or what draft picks...

58Forever
01-04-2001, 09:40 AM
Someone explain this ****....

If the Rams denied us permission to speak to Vermeil...how can we speak to him...I don't understand...I'm so confused.... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 10:22 AM
For Gawd sakes pay back the bonus and keep all of our draft picks...

------------------

Baby Lee
01-04-2001, 10:31 AM
Compensation in the form of returning the SB bonus works out well for us, but it speaks very poorly for the Rams.
And it would certainly make clear THEIR position on who took them to the SB, Vermeil or Martz.

Warrior5
01-04-2001, 10:34 AM
NFLMarty - WE NEED A @$#*! SITREP!!!

Warrior5
01-04-2001, 10:36 AM
NFLMarty - WE NEED A @$#*! SITREP!!!

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 10:40 AM
This is normal. If a coach is under contract, any team is going to try and get some compensation out of it. If I understand correctly, the permission the chiefs need is to offer Vermiel a contract. Thus the negotiations. Once that is done, if it is done, the announcement will probably be made that Gun is fired, yada yada yada. I feel for Gun right now.

But I don't see Carl giving up way too much to get him, considering he will only be a head coach while guys like Schottenheimer and Tuna were coaches and GM's. We'll see though...

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 12:09 PM
Too damn bad this didn't work out last year...This is a quote from Chris Mortensen

"The Chiefs, for instance, had settled on first- and fourth-round draft picks as compensation from the Green Bay Packers a year ago when the Packers considered hiring Marty Schottenheimer. But Green Bay ended up hiring Mike Sherman."

------------------

morphius
01-04-2001, 12:12 PM
My only hope is that we give what we get from the skins and move on, that way we don't lose anything. Both coaches have 1 year left so it should not be that different.

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 12:14 PM
I think it was Bob Dole who made the point that Marty is going to be HC/GM and Vermeil just HC...So we should have a net gain in the compensation.

------------------

Spott
01-04-2001, 12:15 PM
Maybe the Rams can have some of our old #1 picks like Harvey Williams or Trezelle Jenkins as compensation.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

The Bad Guy
01-04-2001, 12:17 PM
Warrior5,

Marty is on his way to the office. I'm sure when he gets a chance he will fill you in on anything he knows.

This are really going to heat up this afternoon. Rumors on WHB are saying that Chiefs sources have confirmed that Gun is gone.

morphius
01-04-2001, 12:22 PM
JL - The big diff, IMHO, is that one is known for SB's the other is known for winning, but bad post seasons. So I think that the balance is not going to lean much in our favor, and I will be darn happy if we break out even.

AJKCFAN
01-04-2001, 12:22 PM
Yeah... the Rams really have us by the balls.

We must do the only thing we can do at this time....

Give the Rams 19 more points from our 54-34 thrashing from October http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

AJKCFAN
01-04-2001, 12:23 PM
Yeah... the Rams really have us by the balls.

We must do the only thing we can do at this time....

Give the Rams 19 more points from our 54-34 thrashing from October http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 12:26 PM
I could not see a scenario where the compensation for Vermiel is going to be anything earth shattering, considering that he is in the last year of his contract and this is the only team Vermiel would come back for, so the Rams need to get something instead of nothing, and considering that Marty and Tuna were both named coach/GM but Vermiel will only be coach. The Bellichik thing was different because it was to a division rival and he had already committed long term to the Jets before...

TeenagerFromMars
01-04-2001, 12:40 PM
I, like 58Forever, am also confused about how a deal could be imminent considering that the Chiefs aren't allowed to talk to Vermeil. Does this mean the Rams could accuse the Chiefs of tampering? Is that a bargaining chip for the Rams?

TFM

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 12:45 PM
I think it is talk to Vermiel in terms of offering him a contract...

TeenagerFromMars
01-04-2001, 01:15 PM
On the "Gunther is Fired" thread, NFLMarty states that the Rams are pissed. Once again, I wonder if the Rams smell something foul about this deal...

TFM
~That stench might be coming from the West down I-70...

NaptownChief
01-04-2001, 01:21 PM
They are pissed cause he said he was done coaching when he left...They are just feeling a little betrayed... :(

------------------

DaWolf
01-04-2001, 01:25 PM
SCREW the Lambs...