PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil or no Vermeil, it looks like most of us got our wish...

58Forever
01-04-2001, 02:48 PM
a new coaching staff...I mean even Gun can't be dense enough to think he's wanted after all the stuff flying around today...my guess is that he's already been fired it's just not been made official...what other reason would he be sitting at home right now instead of being at Arrowhead like he has for the past 2 years...

Too bad for Gun the person, I feel sorry for him, but as a Chiefs fan in desparate need for a championship team, I couldn't be happier...Gun was out of his element as a HC, and we all know he won't have a problem getting a job as a DC...hopefully in the NFC

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

G_Man
01-04-2001, 02:50 PM
Maybe he could hook up with Marty. Heeeyyy, aren't Hackett and Shell unemployed too? This could be deja vu! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Bob Dole
01-04-2001, 02:51 PM
Bob Dole feels the same, Joe. While he poured his heart into the job, his head just couldn't handle the job. For Gun, the human being (Bob Dole thinks he's human, anyway) Bob Dole is sorry. As a Chiefs fan, Bob Dole is jumping for joy.

Gaz
01-04-2001, 02:51 PM
The red & gold faithful have been delivered from the Stooge wasteland.

xoxo~
gaz
overcome with joy.<BR>

58Forever
01-04-2001, 03:00 PM
It's really a shame, I had such high hopes for Gun...he just didn't have it...

Hey, here's a thought...wasn't Jimmy Raye one of the candidates for HC last year?

Just think if he'd have been named HC...I shudder at the thought...but my guess is that he too would be out the door...

I watched the OK/FSU game last night and I'd swear JR was calling plays for both teams...simple and unimaginative... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

WisChief
01-04-2001, 05:14 PM
Joe, I disagree on the OU/FSU thing. That OC for OU (can't recall his name right now) must call the games for the Faiders. I swear I thought I was watching a young Rich Gannon out there dinking and dunking the freakin ball around. I still can't figure out why that crap ball works! :confused:<P>

Mile High Mania
01-04-2001, 05:30 PM
I heard on one of the local stations that Marty does want to bring Hackett with him.

TEX
01-04-2001, 09:25 PM
I don't feel sorry for Gun the person or MaGoo the coach. He's the type of guy that needed to surround himself with competent coordinators. Marty was the same way only he did have good coaches, most of the time, at least they were better than Gun's chooices. When Marty had the majority of this staff - he failed also. Nope, I don't feel sorry for MaGoo - he was loyal to a fault and it cost him his job. BTW, let's just see how many coaches from this staff get good "gigs". I bet only Gun and Solari do. IMHO, Marty hires his brother as a Special Teams coach or Secondary Coach because that's all Squirt's capable of. I'm also hoping that Shaw is not retained. It's ALL GOOD that this staff is GONE - ALL GOOD!

58Forever
01-05-2001, 09:41 AM
wis chief, did you ever see so many short passes in your life, and yet Josh ends up with over 200 yards and close to a 60% completion...unbelievable... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/eek.gif