PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Heroes" the series discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Amnorix
02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'm not really sure what to make of Hiro's storyline at the moment.

I think, seriously, that they are just killing time with him (pun intended) until they can link him up with his sword, give him his powers back, and then do something dramatic when NY explodes (or doesn't).

I'm half-guessing it might explode and then he rewinds time to change history and stop it from happening.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm half-guessing it might explode and then he rewinds time to change history and stop it from happening.

He already did that once. :p

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
WTF happened last night I missed the episode.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 10:00 AM
WTF happened last night I missed the episode.

http://heroeswiki.com/Episode:Run%21

Try that.

Delano
02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I was beyond shaky on the whole tall, pretty blonde lures 2 clueless Asians to steal a briefcase thing.

I mean, her master plan was to sit there and cry until some guy(s) showed up and helped her steal something? And, p.s., she knocks out Hiro with one punch (unlikely, but possible) and then somehow drags him to an out-of-the-way closet and locks him in without anyone seeing or asking?

And then the Nevada Gaming Commission guy manages to find him down there somehow?

It all made no sense and was pretty stupid IMHO.

I may be mistaken, but it looked like their were some weapons in the closet that Hiro was in. Possibly some old swords. I kind of got the feeling that the leggy blonde broad has some type of ability of her own.

Stinger
02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
I kind of got the feeling that the leggy blonde broad has some type of ability of her own.

Most leggy blonds do :D

But I digress ... Not every episode can be a home run and I understand that a whole story needs to be told, but last nights episode was not bad but not great.

Now as teased in the previews of next week episode who does everyone think is going to get the axe?

Nightwish
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I may be mistaken, but it looked like their were some weapons in the closet that Hiro was in. Possibly some old swords. I kind of got the feeling that the leggy blonde broad has some type of ability of her own.
I was thinking the same thing (about the ability, not the weapons). Hiro did mention that she was very strong, by way of pointing out that there was something unusual about her strength.

PS - I still have trouble seeing Bill Fagerbakke and separating him from Dauber, his character on "Coach." He just doesn't sell "dour badass" to me.

patteeu
02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Now as teased in the previews of next week episode who does everyone think is going to get the axe?

My 9yo daughter thinks that Nathan dies and Claire flies. I doubt that that's the case, but I don't have any better guesses.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 01:06 PM

If that earlier ep where Hiro vaults into the future is any indication, it's Isaac. Hiro found him dead on the floor of his studio.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see something happen to Nathan when he tries to stop Peter from exploding.

Dartgod
02-13-2007, 01:08 PM
PS - I still have trouble seeing Bill Fagerbakke and separating him from Dauber, his character on "Coach." He just doesn't sell "dour badass" to me.
I had the same feelling, except it was from his role in The Stand.

M-O-O-N, that spells badass.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
My 9yo daughter thinks that Nathan dies and Claire flies. I doubt that that's the case, but I don't have any better guesses.

That's not a bad guess at all, actually. Especially since one of the Heroes is supposed to discover a new power. Claire discovering she can fly would support that.

Personally I think the 'someone flies' part will be irrelevant if it's referring to Peter. If it's referring to Nathan, it's possible Nathan could pick Peter up and fly away from the city as the 'bomb' explodes. That'd save everybody, but probably kill Nathan in the process.

Nightwish
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
From what little the previews showed, it looked to me like it might be Claire's adoptive mother who dies.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 01:35 PM
From what little the previews showed, it looked to me like it might be Claire's adoptive mother who dies.

It'll be someone bigger and more important to the story.

Nightwish
02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
It'll be someone bigger and more important to the story.
I dunno, that's what I always think, too, whever a popular show teases that a character is going to die. But then it usually ends up being a secondary character, someone important to the story, but not a main character. That's not always the case, but it seems to be the case more often than not.

Amnorix
02-13-2007, 02:27 PM

I sure hope so, cuz otherwise it's inexcusably stupid.

In fact, you've cheered me up a good bit -- I think you're right if only because nothing else I've seen on this show is nearly so dumb, so there must be something else going on.

Delano
02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Next week's preview from TV Guide:Unexpected airs 19 February 2007
Peter is disappointed by a betrayal; Claire can't contain her anger toward her father; Matt loses control when radioactive refugee Ted Sprague shows up; a new hero with "wireless" mental powers appears.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
They already did a promo for the new hero with 'wireless' powers a few weeks ago. It's right here if ya wanna watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Vc48SpWdw

Buck
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it def looks like her adoptive mother is gonna croak, but you can never believe those previews.

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes...Another Episode Tonight!!!

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Isaac gon' git it.

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Isaac gon' git it.

Nahh, I think its Claires Adoptive Mother, although thats what the previews seemed to imply and they were probably redirecting us from what will really happen to make the episode more shocking.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Actually, I don't think it'll be Isaac tonight. Maybe right before the explosion ep or something he might die.

I'll go with Claude for tonight. His purpose is kinda over, as Peter's learned how to harness his power.

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Actually, I don't think it'll be Isaac tonight. Maybe right before the explosion ep or something he might die.

I'll go with Claude for tonight. His purpose is kinda over, as Peter's learned how to harness his power.

Who is Claude?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Who is Claude?

The invisible man.

They might also kill off a character close to Peter, like Simone.

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:42 PM
The invisible man.

Oh okay. I don't know, Claires Fake Mom has been acting wacky as of late.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh okay. I don't know, Claires Fake Mom has been acting wacky as of late.

I agree, and she definitely could die tonight. I just think her character is soooooooo irrelevant to the whole story that it would've been pointless to hype her death.

And I'll back off of Simone's death. Don't think it'd fit right now.

I'd put my chips on Claude.

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I agree, and she definitely could die tonight. I just think her character is soooooooo irrelevant to the whole story that it would've been pointless to hype her death.

And I'll back off of Simone's death. Don't think it'd fit right now.

I'd put my chips on Claude.

Then Again, there could be a major plot shift and she becomes relavent again.

Did the preview say that someone major was going to die, or just someone is going to die?

Delano
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I liked the episode, but they didn't bother to explain why Sylar just showed up at Zane's house.

Ehh.. Just noticed that episode 20 of the graphic novel from NBC's website explains how Sylar found Zane.. the fact that Suresh showed up later was just luck.

They already did a promo for the new hero with 'wireless' powers a few weeks ago.

Yeah.. I think her name is Hana or something. Four issues of the graphic novel detailed a little bit of her background.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Ehh.. Just noticed that episode 20 of the graphic novel from NBC's website explains how Sylar found Zane.. the fact that Suresh showed up later was just luck.

Zane called Suresh during the episode and told him to come see him. I don't read the graphic novels really. How did they explain Sylar finding Zane?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:09 PM
The gun HRG gave Isaac is the one Hiro found when he discovered Isaac dead on the floor of the studio.

Delano
02-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Zane called Suresh during the episode and told him to come see him. I don't read the graphic novels really. How did they explain Sylar finding Zane?

Sylar's memory ability he gained from the waitress allows him to remember the map from old man Suresh's apartment. Zane's location was marked on the map.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Sylar's memory ability he gained from the waitress allows him to remember the map from old man Suresh's apartment. Zane's location was marked on the map.

That part makes sense. Still would be a coincedence he showed up at Zane's not long before Mohinder was to show up.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Well it's Peter flying.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
No footsteps? Maybe Sylar can levitate?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Wooooooooow.

I think all these people that were part of the genome project in the past weren't taking the blood test to see if they were part of the evolution, the people who were running the project were testing out mutations ON them. Kinda like Captain America or Wolverine, if anybody's familiar with their backstories. That'd explain how a lot of these people are connected.

I could see Linderman running that organization.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
BAH. Shoulda went all in on Simone. >:o

Nightwish
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
BAH. Shoulda went all in on Simone. >:o
That caught me by surprise. For a bit there, I was wondering if they were doing a play on words, saying "dye" instead of "die," referring to the radioactive isotope.

Very cool on the Stan Lee cameo!

Delano
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
That part makes sense. Still would be a coincedence he showed up at Zane's not long before Mohinder was to show up.

That was kind of my point when I said it was just luck when Mohinder and Sylar crossed paths.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
That caught me by surprise. For a bit there, I was wondering if they were doing a play on words, saying "dye" instead of "die," referring to the radioactive isotope.

Well I'm glad someone important actually died, and it wasn't just the mechanic Sylar killed.

Delano
02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Wooooooooow.

I think all these people that were part of the genome project in the past weren't taking the blood test to see if they were part of the evolution, the people who were running the project were testing out mutations ON them. Kinda like Captain America or Wolverine, if anybody's familiar with their backstories. That'd explain how a lot of these people are connected.

I could see Linderman running that organization.

Well the worm they just dangled in front of me in the form of a preview sponsored by Microsoft would lead me to believe that some questions will be answered next week.

I really enjoy seeing Mr. Bennett sweat. :)

Stinger
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Nice Stan Lee cameo!!!!!!!!!!!

Better story this week and I admit did not see the Simone being the one to die. That will opens a whole new aspect, plus I guess we will start to see a darker Peter?

02-19-2007, 11:21 PM
The invisible man.

Nice call.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Nice call.

Ehh I 'spose. I had it narrowed down to Isaac, Simone, and Claude. :p

They've kinda killed off Claude. I think he's gone for the time being. I hope not though. I wanna know more about his past with HRG.

02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Ehh I 'spose. I had it narrowed down to Isaac, Simone, and Claude. :p

They've kinda killed off Claude. I think he's gone for the time being.
I don't read far enough into them to try and predict what will happen.

patteeu
02-20-2007, 05:34 AM

Very cool on the Stan Lee cameo!

Which one was Stan Lee? I googled his image, but I don't remember him from the episode.

Fairplay
02-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Which one was Stan Lee? I googled his image, but I don't remember him from the episode.

He was the bus driver when Hiro got on the bus.

He only had one line, something like Is anyone else with you or just yourself?

Buck
02-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Okay, Ive been drinking all night...Its 3:45 here in SD. Should I watch the episode tonight or wait until tommorow?

Fairplay
02-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Okay, Ive been drinking all night...Its 3:45 here in SD. Should I watch the episode tonight or wait until tommorow?

It will still be there tommorrow.

Remember Stan Lee is the bus driver.

Fairplay
02-20-2007, 05:57 AM
That one ladys superpower would suck to have.

Did i say lady? I meant butch.

02-20-2007, 05:59 AM
That one ladys superpower would suck to have.

Did i say lady? I meant butch.

Yeah, but nobody would ever sneak up on you. Well, other than Sylar that is.

Fairplay
02-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Yeah, but nobody would ever sneak up on you. Well, other than Sylar that is.

Did you understand it when she said i didn't hear your footsteps?

How did he do that i wonder? He has tip-toe powers?

02-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Did you understand it when she said i didn't hear your footsteps?

How did he do that i wonder? He has tip-toe powers?

Hmmm, don't really know where that power came from. She didn't hear his heart either.

kepp
02-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmmm, don't really know where that power came from. She didn't hear his heart either.
It was theorized earlier in the thread that Sylar may have used the cockroach in his cell to slow his heart rate down and fake his death when he was being held by Bennet. Maybe he used it here too? I don't know if I buy into that too much though.

patteeu
02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
He was the bus driver when Hiro got on the bus.

He only had one line, something like Is anyone else with you or just yourself?

Thanks. I remember that now. :thumb:

Delano
02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I kinda spaced out a part of the preview for next week so I was wondering if anyone could answer a question. Was "Wireless" Hana at the Bennett's house when the Sprague and Matt were looking for answers?

Amnorix
02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I kinda spaced out a part of the preview for next week so I was wondering if anyone could answer a question. Was "Wireless" Hana at the Bennett's house when the Sprague and Matt were looking for answers?

I don't specifically remember seeing her there. Matt and nuclear guy were very prominent, but Hana I don't recall.

Delano
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't specifically remember seeing her there. Matt and nuclear guy were very prominent, but Hana I don't recall.

Thanks. The new graphic novel deal came out and it looks like she parts ways with Matt and Sprague and goes after Linderman but gets sidetracked in Vegas. I just could not remember if she showed up at the Bennett's.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
My darned penchant for reading opening credits spilethe Stan Lee cameo a little.
Or maybe it just displaced it, instead of 'hey, that's Stan Lee' at the end, I was treated to 'hey, Stan Lee's gonna be in here' at the beginning.

jiveturkey
02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I thought that instant message lady was kind of lame.

I would like to see Hiro finally get somewhere. That poor bastard is all over the place.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I would like to see Hiro finally get somewhere. That poor bastard is all over the place.

They've definitely been dragging him along lately.

Dartgod
02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
My darned penchant for reading opening credits spilethe Stan Lee cameo a little.
Or maybe it just displaced it, instead of 'hey, that's Stan Lee' at the end, I was treated to 'hey, Stan Lee's gonna be in here' at the beginning.
I'm not big on comic books, but he did Spiderman, correct?

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm not big on comic books, but he did Spiderman, correct?
No, that's Mary Jane Watson.

Stan did, however, author the Spiderman comic, as well as a number of other Marvel comics, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Hulk, Iron Man, Daredevil, etc.

Buck
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow cool episode. I missed the next weeks Episode Preview, my Tivo stopped recording. Anyone know where I can get my sneak peak?

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow cool episode. I missed the next weeks Episode Preview, my Tivo stopped recording. Anyone know where I can get my sneak peak?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgSPMKfLhqA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XgSPMKfLhqA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Buck
02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Cool looks like we get to find out more about Mr Bennett.

Delano
02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Cool looks like we get to find out more about Mr Bennett.

Tonight will definitely be interesting.

Nightwish
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
There's Eric Roberts. Is he Linderman?

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
There's Eric Roberts. Is he Linderman?

I think his character is 'Thompson' or something.

Good first 5 minutes of the show. Eccleston and HRG were partners 15 years ago.

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Oooohh. He's been keeping Claire's powers a secret so they won't take her. :o

THAT SONOFABITCH IS THINKING IN JAPANESE

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 08:31 PM
They botched that part a bit, with baby Hiro and baby Claire. Hiro's supposed to be about 8 years older than her.

Delano
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
They botched that part a bit, with baby Hiro and baby Claire. Hiro's supposed to be about 8 years older than her.

Hiro was playing a gameboy while Claire was still wrapped in swaddling clothes. I can see that to be an eight year difference.

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Maybe. He didn't look 9 years old to me though.

I also thought the newspaper Claire read said the fire her mom started was at their home in Texas. They were obviously in New York for that scene.

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Christ Almighty.

Nightwish
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Mr. Bennett is a fugitive now. That'll be interesting. Same bridge where he shot Dr. Who. Makes me wonder if he deliberately shot Eccleston (Claude) in a non-lethal manner the same he had the Haitian do him.

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Mr. Bennett is a fugitive now. That'll be interesting. Same bridge where he shot Dr. Who. Makes me wonder if he deliberately shot Eccleston (Claude) in a non-lethal manner the same he had the Haitian do him.

That would be my thinking, but he seemed shocked/angry when he found out Claude wasn't dead.

And I don't think that was really Simone in the preview. That new female character they briefly mentioned tonight is supposedly a shapeshifter. She might've just mimicked Simone.

BigRedChief
02-26-2007, 10:22 PM
So Bennett is a good guy now...and Hiro's dad is one of "the others"

Nightwish
02-26-2007, 10:30 PM
That would be my thinking, but he seemed shocked/angry when he found out Claude wasn't dead.
He could have been feigning the shock, though. Or he might've been angry because Claude blew his secret, and Mr. Bennett would be in trouble for letting him go when he was supposed to have killed him.

02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
So Bennett is a good guy now...and Hiro's dad is one of "the others"
No LOST references please. This show is better than that.

I did find that interesting too though. Tonights entire episode was great.

chappy
02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I fear this show won't last much longer. Anyone else get this feeling?
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like after they stop the world from blowing up it will be over. Seems like it just began.

BigRedChief
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like after they stop the world from blowing up it will be over. Seems like it just began.
Theres the conspiracy to keep it all quiet.

Then theres the situation when it becomes public info

thats good for 3-4 years right there.

02-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I didn't see this show lasting more that 2-3 years max anyway. I would imagine that they will resolve the "bomb" problem this year though.

chappy
02-27-2007, 12:00 AM
I kinda wanted it to be like X-Files and last awhile.
It and The Office is the only TV I look forward too.
I never really got in to Lost but wish I did now I might go buy the seasons I missed and start.

Silock
02-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Tim Kring said he has enough material for 5 seasons. I can see it lasting that long, easily.

BTW, this was the best episode since they saved the cheerleader and saved the world.

02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Tim Kring said he has enough material for 5 seasons. I can see it lasting that long, easily.

BTW, this was the best episode since they saved the cheerleader and saved the world.
Well, they haven't saved the world yet.

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 01:30 AM
****ing sucks, i have to pick either 24 or Heroes, n i picked 24. Now i gotta download Heroes argh, why do my 2 fav shows have to be on at the same time the same day? WHY!!! lol

02-27-2007, 01:32 AM
****ing sucks, i have to pick either 24 or Heroes, n i picked 24. Now i gotta download Heroes argh, why do my 2 fav shows have to be on at the same time the same day? WHY!!! lol
VCR man. VCR

I watch Heroes with my son and tape 24 to watch at 9pm. I would rather watch 24 and tape Heroes but I sacrifice for my son.

Buck
02-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Heroes is sweet...

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Heroes is sweet...

Was a great night for t.v this and the The Black Donnelly = the best 2 hour block on TV.

Buck
02-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Was a great night for t.v this and the The Black Donnelly = the best 2 hour block on TV.

Didnt see it. Was it good?

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 02:52 AM

Think of the sopranos without the swearing and much better writing.

kcxiv
02-27-2007, 04:25 AM
it was eh, I didnt think it was anything special. Need to see another episode or 2 before i can make a yay or nay on it.

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 08:20 AM
No LOST references please. This show is better than that.

I did find that interesting too though. Tonights entire episode was great.
Look at what they have done already. Tied the cheerleader to her dad. Hiro's dad is in the picture from the begining. They tied it all together not create more mystery. Looks like Mr. Bennett is a monster but he sacrifices his body and willingly has his daughter memory erased for her own safety.
Much better. :clap:

oaklandhater
03-05-2007, 05:02 AM
So Today is the last day of heroes for 2007 :(.....

Amnorix
03-05-2007, 07:30 AM

No way?! They just came off their break like 5 episodes ago...?

tiptap
03-05-2007, 07:34 AM
No, the world hasn't been saved but we might see some repeats before the final episodes later in the season.

03-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Where are you getting THAT from? They haven't even hit 20 eps yet.

oaklandhater
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Where are you getting THAT from? They haven't even hit 20 eps yet.

Tonights the Season finale of heroes,and from what ive read the 2nd season of heroes wont start to air till some time in jan 08.

03-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Tonights the Season finale of heroes,and from what ive read the 2nd season of heroes wont start to air till some time in jan 08.
Heroes is slated for a 20 episode run. Tonight is episode 18. Also, there is an episode scheduled for next week.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM

No, this isn't correct. They haven't finished shooting for this season yet - it's not supposed wrap until March 30th. There will be more new episodes before the end of May.

03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
No, this isn't correct. They haven't finished shooting for this season yet - it's not supposed wrap until March 30th. There will be more new episodes before the end of May.
Here ya go. Looks like I was wrong about there being only 20 eps too.

http://tviv.org/Heroes/Season_One

1 1 Genesis September 25, 2006
2 2 Don't Look Back October 2, 2006
3 3 One Giant Leap October 9, 2006
4 4 Collision October 16, 2006
5 5 Hiros October 23, 2006
6 6 Better Halves October 30, 2006
7 7 Nothing to Hide November 6, 2006
8 8 Seven Minutes to Midnight November 13, 2006
9 9 Homecoming November 20, 2006
10 10 Six Months Ago November 27, 2006
11 11 Fallout December 4, 2006
12 12 Godsend January 22, 2007
13 13 The Fix January 29, 2007
14 14 Distractions February 5, 2007
15 15 Run! February 12, 2007
16 16 Unexpected February 19, 2007
17 17 Company Man February 26, 2007
18 18 Parasite March 5, 2007
19 19 TBA April 16, 2007
20 20 TBA April 23, 2007
21 21 TBA April 30, 2007
22 22 TBA May 7, 2007
23 23 TBA May 14, 2007

HolmeZz
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Mohinder's f*cking with the wrong man.

Nightwish
03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Hmm, I think the new girl is an illusionist, rather than a shapeshifter.

Nightwish
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Damn, Mohinder's got some cojones!!!

HolmeZz
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah, looks like Mohinder's a goner.

HolmeZz
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Missy Peregrym is hawt.

Nightwish
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Missy Peregrym is hawt.
I saw her a few days ago in the movie "Stick It." "Hawt" doesn't even begin to cover it! :thumb:

HolmeZz
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
"Hawt" doesn't even begin to cover it! :thumb:

But "Stick It" does. ;)

*rimshot*

Rausch
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Looks like Hiro is going to have to do plenty of time travel next season. The good guys are getting p0wn3d and the guy can "leap" forward and back to check any progress they may or may not have made in the future.

That right there allows you to have a 1/2 season stricken from the record and rewritten. Future-Hiro goes back and helps the other heroes with their own tasks, prevents some of the heroes Cyler killed from death, etc...

|Zach|
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Just couldn't get into it.

03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Just couldn't get into it.

Have you been watching from the beginning or just tuned in to this one? This would be hard to follow if you are just now jumping in.

Good episode. Tied some things together while not revealing too much. I sure hope Peter completely Pwns Sylar.

Silock
03-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I didn't recognize you without your scar.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

What an episode, but April 23???? LAME!

03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

What an episode, but April 23???? LAME!
Yeah, this is their second long layoff. I will take this over 2-3 repeats for every new episode like Lost did last year though.

oaklandhater
04-23-2007, 04:47 AM
.new episode tonight

07%
Sylar and Peter face off. Sylar will face off with another Hero and Isaac's new pictures show a dead Hero without a brain. Two unexpected reunions will occur and Linderman will reveal to Nathan shocking secrets and plans. We will meet a computer savvy geek and a competent security guard who works in the Corinthian Casino and Hotel in Las Vegas. A hero dies.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yesXwwoKriM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yesXwwoKriM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Delano
04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
The break was too long. If this episode isn't great enough to suck me back in, I am done with this show.

kepp
04-23-2007, 06:51 AM
The break was too long. If this episode isn't great enough to suck me back in, I am done with this show.
I agree about the break, although I won't quite be ready to give up on it if this episode is a bust. I would hate to see "Heros" go the way of "Lost."

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I agree about the break, although I won't quite be ready to give up on it if this episode is a bust. I would hate to see "Heros" go the way of "Lost."I don't like the mid-season hiatus in Lost, but I LOVE the fact that when it came on, I would not have to watch another re-run for 16 consecutive episodes. Take the good with the bad.

Nightwish
04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I wonder what Mrs. Pitrelli's power is?

Is Issac done for good? Or will Hiro do a time shift thingy and bring him back? I'm also wondering if there is a super healer out there (not a self-healer, like Claire, but someone who can heal others or even resurrect the dead)?

kcxiv
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I havent seen it as its not on yet, but this is by far the best new show on TV right now. But to each their own.

Nightwish
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I havent seen it as its not on yet, but this is by far the best new show on TV right now. But to each their own.
Don't read my post above yet!

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I wonder what Mrs. Pitrelli's power is?

I'm also wondering if there is a super healer out there (not a self-healer, like Claire, but someone who can heal others or even resurrect the dead)?

That's Linderman dude

Nightwish
04-23-2007, 08:28 PM
That's Linderman dude
Ahh. I picked a bad time for a bathroom break. I heard him say he had a power, but I missed him describing what it was.

KcMizzou
04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Ahh. I picked a bad time for a bathroom break. I heard him say he had a power, but I missed him describing what it was.
He waved his hand over a dead plant and brought it back to life.

04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Kicked 24's ass again tonight.

Silock
04-24-2007, 02:05 AM
What a fantastic episode!

kepp
04-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Yeah, that was a good one. I'd say Isaac made Sylar a little nervous with his "I finally get to be a hero...I showed them how to kill you" speech.

Delano
04-24-2007, 06:47 AM
My gosh the scenes with Sylar, Peter and Suresh were intense. I also think that the casting for Linderman were genius. That guy is great.

I loved the cliff hanger at the end with Hiro looking at the mysterious character (not gonna spoil it for those that missed the episode).

SquirrellyBastard
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
He waved his hand over a dead plant and brought it back to life.

I'm not so sure Linderman can bring him back. If you read the comic books, when Linderman is in Vietnam, he says he can only heal things that are not dead yet. Maybe his power has progressed since...

Delano
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Should be a good episode tonight.

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. The graphic novel showed Linderman and Petrelli as partners in Vietnam. Is the Petrelli Nathan or his father? Petrelli appeared older than Linderman in the novel and that is reversed in the show. Kind of confused me.

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Should be a good episode tonight.

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. The graphic novel showed Linderman and Petrelli as partners in Vietnam. Is the Petrelli Nathan or his father? Petrelli appeared older than Linderman in the novel and that is reversed in the show. Kind of confused me.

Just based on what you said, it HAS to be his dad. No way Nathan is old enough to be a Vietnam Vet.

Delano
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Just based on what you said, it HAS to be his dad. No way Nathan is old enough to be a Vietnam Vet.

Yeah that is kind of what I figured but I didn't want to rule out any regenerative or anti-aging powers going on with Nathan.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Pretty good plot twist right there.

I think Nathan died in the NYC explosion and Sylar went ahead and took his identity.

Nightwish
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM

I think Nathan died in the NYC explosion and Sylar went ahead and took his identity.
Yep, that's what I'm thinking, too.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I do hate the political points the show's starting to make.

Nightwish
04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Don't suppose the writers read "The Dead Zone" before they wrote this script, do you?

irishjayhawk
04-30-2007, 08:09 PM
I liked that episode a lot.

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I liked that episode a lot.

Word.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Outside of the real world political parallels, I liked the episode for the most part. I liked the turns some of the characters made.

Did feel a little too X-Meny at times though.

Valiant
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM

Nathan was alive after the explosion as he blamed Sylar for it.. Then sylar killed him and took his identity after he killed the shapeshifter...

Valiant
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Also did anyone notice in the episode preview for next week that Sylar looked over at Hiro before Hiro was going to kill him... Me thinks he killed the Haitian...

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Nathan was alive after the explosion as he blamed Sylar for it.. Then sylar killed him and took his identity after he killed the shapeshifter...

Yeah, that got explained after I posted that.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Also did anyone notice in the episode preview for next week that Sylar looked over at Hiro before Hiro was going to kill him... Me thinks he killed the Haitian...

The Haitian was still alive in the future.

Valiant
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
The Haitian was still alive in the future.

That was not in the future... the preview for next week I was talking about...

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
That was not in the future... the preview for next week I was talking about...

The future was what it'd be like if the bomb went off. Sylar hadn't killed the Haitian according to the future, so how could he kill him in the events before the explosion?

Stinger
04-30-2007, 08:47 PM

That was also forshadowed at the end of the last weeks episode when Sylar was repainting the picture of Nathan in the White House but Sylars version was more monsterious.

Valiant
04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
The future was what it'd be like if the bomb went off. Sylar hadn't killed the Haitian according to the future, so how could he kill him in the events before the explosion?

??? That future was different, that is the reason why Future Hiro did not know Hiro was going to be there... If you could not change the past then Future Hiro would have known this and there would really be no point in the show...

We are talking PRESENT right now, not the MAYBE future of tonights episode...

In the PREVIEW episode, Hiro stopped time and was going to kill Sylar.. Sylar looked over at him.. which makes ME BELEIVE he found the Haitian..

Bringing up the future has no bearing on next weeks episode because it was not a Definitive...

Valiant
04-30-2007, 08:57 PM
That was also forshadowed at the end of the last weeks episode when Sylar was repainting the picture of Nathan in the White House but Sylars version was more monsterious.

That picture we now know was of Sylar, Nathan was dead and Sylar was in his place...

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Bringing up the future has no bearing on next weeks episode because it was not a Definitive...

It was the future if they DON'T stop the bomb. If that's what happens if the bomb goes off, then the Haitian can't die or it would've changed everything about the future and made tonight's episode absolutely meaningless.

Valiant
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
It was the future if they DON'T stop the bomb. If that's what happens if the bomb goes off, then the Haitian can't die or it would've changed everything about the future and made tonight's episode absolutely meaningless.

??? Exactly, you are proving my point.. That was Future Hiro's future they went too( THIS IS WHY FUTURE HIRO DID NOT KNOW PAST HIRO WAS COMING)...

The Hiatian in the future has nothing to do with what is going next week as it pertains the present...

This weeks episode was meaningless as it is a WHAT IF scenario if the bomb goes off...

You saying that the Haitian is alive because of the future episode means nothing, it is the future it has not happened yet and can change... What I am saying means nothing also because it is my speculation of what happens next week...

I could be wrong about Sylar killing the Hiatian and stopping Hiro's power, but you telling me wrong because of this weeks episode that is stupid because Future Hiro and the current Hiro did different things as pointed out in the episode...

The future and events are not set out, that was the purpose of the episode.. Changes can be made... This might be one of those changes...

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Valiant has it right. The episode we saw is the "bad future" that will NOT happen when Hiro and the rest change the present to prevent it from happening.

Because nothing in the "bad future" is set (cuz it might be changed by what the heroes do now), it's totally unknown whether the Haitian lives through the next week or two.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
We're just not agreeing on whether or not the future scenario was set in stone.

I'm saying it is. That's how the episode was billed. The purpose of the episode was to let Hiro know he needs to kill Sylar in order to prevent all that from happening.

And until Hiro does something, the past is going to play out exactly the way it was displayed in the future(with Sylar killing Candice, Nathan, ect.).

If their plan was to have Sylar kill the Haitian in the past, they wouldn't have included him in the future scenario.

04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Something tells me we won't be seeing NY saved until the final episode of the series. Which could be 1-4 more years.

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Something tells me we won't be seeing NY saved until the final episode of the series. Which could be 1-4 more years.

This chapter of the series ends in 3 episodes and that's when we'll know the outcome.

The next chapter(slated for the Fall I think) is probably going to introduce a lot of new characters. I think there's a good chunk of current characters who are going to die leading up to that, based on what Kring has said in interviews.

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 12:12 AM
As much as it's a conglomeration of popular comics from the last 50 years, it's definitely stayed strong as an interesting show. I'm still really shocked to see something this blatentely comic book on a major network. I have no idea how he sold it to the suits.

If you'd asked me 7 or 8 months ago which show, this or Studio 60, would survive and thrive, I'd definitely have given the wrong answer.

HolmeZz
05-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Tonight was the first episode that struck me as overly comic book.

BigRock
05-01-2007, 01:47 AM
So if Peter is the one who blows up NYC, why is Hiro killing Sylar supposed to stop it? :shrug:

Priestgets30TDs
05-01-2007, 02:27 AM

Perfect! Sylar can counteract the changes that Hiro is trying to make through his "Isaac" art skills.
I think it's significant that Sylar made Suresh kill Hiro but actually the Haitian because he had drawn the comic that showed that was supposed to happen (the one hiro took back with him).
Sylar stealing the Haitian's powers is an awesome idea.
Everyone knows the bomb/ Peter is going to go off so why don't they use the Haitian to stop it... because Sylar kills him.

Next season's arc will be the old timers and their master plan. Linderman, Hiro's dad, and Nathan and Peter's mom are the long term villains. I'm not sure why Suresh's dad makes such a big deal about Sylar being patient 0 when these other characters are obviously so much older.

I'm a huge nerd and I eat this shit up. Go Chiefs!

Delano
05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Any theories on the little girl who is "the only one that can stop Syler?" I noted that little ditty in the preview for the final three episodes and it made no sense. A totally new character in the final few episodes that is the only hero to stop Syler is an odd idea.

Delano
05-01-2007, 07:54 AM
By the way, the graphic novel has a guy guarding the Parkman-controlled "Hero jail" that really resembles Magneto from the X-men. He is levitating and shooting electronic bolts from his clenched fists. The only thing missing was a helmet and body suit.

Braincase
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Tonight was the first episode that struck me as overly comic book.

Peter as Neo from the Matrix...

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Any theories on the little girl who is "the only one that can stop Syler?" I noted that little ditty in the preview for the final three episodes and it made no sense. A totally new character in the final few episodes that is the only hero to stop Syler is an odd idea.

Why would that be odd? These six episodes were written and filmed after the success of the first part of the season so she was probably added durring the writing.

and why is is strange they bring her in at the end of the season. She is being developed to be a main character for next season.

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 08:05 AM
oh and I've decided that i am a huge Sylar fan. Peter Petrielli is an anoying douche

Delano
05-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Why would that be odd? These six episodes were written and filmed after the success of the first part of the season so she was probably added durring the writing.

and why is is strange they bring her in at the end of the season. She is being developed to be a main character for next season.

If I was producing a show I would use my likeable, well-known characters to bring down the villian. At this point I am assuming that the girl is somehow used by Hiro or HRG or Peter to destroy Sylar.

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM
If I was producing a show I would use my likeable, well-known characters to bring down the villian. At this point I am assuming that the girl is somehow used by Hiro or HRG or Peter to destroy Sylar.

Don't forget that they keep saying that there are more people out there then just the main charecters and that more people are born everyday. If they didn't keep introducing new charecters we would forget this fact. Plus, we already know that Sylar can beat everyone of these characters we know, and there are new/other powers out there that we don't know about yet.

I like that they add new people.

Baby Lee
05-01-2007, 08:50 AM
1. She's not a new character
2. She's survived Sylar before.

Molly Walker is Molly under the staircase, from when Sylar was on his LA killing spree, remember, Parkman found her by reading her thoughts.

pikesome
05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Plus, we already know that Sylar can beat everyone of these characters we know, and there are new/other powers out there that we don't know about yet.

I was talking with my son about a Peter/Sylar battle royale. I don't know if that's the direction we're heading in but the fight between future Peter and Sylar sure seemed like an exciting deal. It'd be kind of like Neo vs Agent Smith.

Valiant
05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
1. She's not a new character
2. She's survived Sylar before.

Molly Walker is Molly under the staircase, from when Sylar was on his LA killing spree, remember, Parkman found her by reading her thoughts.

Good catch...

If they are going to kill off characters for next year I am hoping/predicting...

Cheerleader........her career is taking off, me thinks she might want out but hope she does not...
Nathan........ one of the brothers has to die
Haitian........ he is too powerful to be a roll player
Nikki/Jessica...... Don't know how much longer they can run with this arc
her son and boyfriend are bit players also...

pikesome
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Nikki/Jessica...... Don't know how much longer they can run with this arc
her son and boyfriend are bit players also...

I've long thought the Nikki/Jessica thread was one of the weaker parts of the plot. It did set up Linderman from early on though. I too can't see where it's going.

Braincase
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I've long thought the Nikki/Jessica thread was one of the weaker parts of the plot. It did set up Linderman from early on though. I too can't see where it's going.

I want to see more from Micah. I think that kid has some interesting capabilities... going with mommy to play the slot machines...

Delano
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM

She gave future Peter a love interest. The graphic novel is dealing with how these two got together.

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
I was talking with my son about a Peter/Sylar battle royale. I don't know if that's the direction we're heading in but the fight between future Peter and Sylar sure seemed like an exciting deal. It'd be kind of like Neo vs Agent Smith.

I see it more like an X-Men type of fight

The Rick
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I thought the acting last night was pretty good. In current timeline, Peter is still a little unsure/gunshy with his powers. Last night, Future Peter seemed pretty well in control and confident in his powers. Same with Hiro.

Nightwish
05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm sure the increasing interplay between the present and future scenes has been a lot of fun for the actors, since they're basically getting to play all new characters, except for Ando, he's pretty much the same.

The Franchise
05-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I see it more like an X-Men type of fight

It looked like the Iceman/Pyro battle in X-men 3.

pikesome
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm sure the increasing interplay between the present and future scenes has been a lot of fun for the actors, since they're basically getting to play all new characters, except for Ando, he's pretty much the same.

Masi Oka did a good job, I thought, of keeping the current Hiro happy and hopeful in a very geeky sort of way while playing the future Hiro as a worn and jaded version. The jumping up and down Ando and Hiro did towards the end made me smile, that's the slightly goofy Hiro I like.

Nightwish
05-01-2007, 11:17 AM
It looked like the Iceman/Pyro battle in X-men 3.It also reminded me of the X2 fight between Jean Grey and Cyclops, as well as the fight in the Stargate SG-1 season 11 opener between Daniel Jackson and Adria. Eh, superpowered 1-on-1's, gotta love 'em!

pikesome
05-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm guessing the Haitian and Sylar stopping Hiro's power aren't related.

They're doing a great job of muddying the waters right before the Bomb. I'm no more sure of whats going to happen than I was yesterday, maybe that's a good thing.

HolmeZz
05-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Sylar didn't stop Hiro's power. Hiro resumed time right before he was going to use the sword, which gave Sylar time to stop him.

pikesome
05-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Sylar didn't stop Hiro's power. Hiro resumed time right before he was going to use the sword, which gave Sylar time to stop him.

Sylar's mom didn't fall till after Sylar grabbed the sword if I remember it right.

HolmeZz
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Sylar's mom didn't fall till after Sylar grabbed the sword if I remember it right.

Nah, she fell simultaneously. Hiro flinched again before he was going to use the sword, causing time to resume.

pikesome
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Nah, she fell simultaneously. Hiro flinched again before he was going to use the sword, causing time to resume.

Well, then I'm less knowledgeable than I was going in to this episode. There's about a 100 different ways this could jump in the next 2 shows. We can't even be sure who blows up. Although I think Ted's screwed one way or another.

Amnorix
05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I think what happened with Hiro and the time-stop is that Hiro touched Sylar gently on the neck with his sword, bringing Sylar into the "bubble" within which Hiro (and whatever he is touching) is free to act while everything else is frozen.

I don't have it taped or anything, but I'm pretty confident that's correct because Mommy didn't fall until later, so Hiro hadn't resumed time at that point.

05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
I think what happened with Hiro and the time-stop is that Hiro touched Sylar gently on the neck with his sword, bringing Sylar into the "bubble" within which Hiro (and whatever he is touching) is free to act while everything else is frozen.

I don't have it taped or anything, but I'm pretty confident that's correct because Mommy didn't fall until later, so Hiro hadn't resumed time at that point.

Nah, that would have to be wrong. If that were the case, then Sylar would have transported with Hiro and Ando when they transported out of the room as he was holding the sword as they left.

pikesome
05-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Nah, that would have to be wrong. If that were the case, then Sylar would have transported with Hiro and Ando when they transported out of the room as he was holding the sword as they left.

But Hiro had both pieces of the sword after they transported. It broke sometime and Hiro got the parts. The more I think about this scene the more questions I have. Maybe they screwed up the continuity when they filmed it.

05-07-2007, 10:06 PM
But Hiro had both pieces of the sword after they transported. It broke sometime and Hiro got the parts. The more I think about this scene the more questions I have. Maybe they screwed up the continuity when they filmed it.
That was my thought too. Almost like they overlooked it.

I was kind of annoyed by the continuity of this episode anyway. They just kept magically ending up where they needed to be. Usually this show does not jump around so much in one single episode like they did tonight.

pikesome
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
That was my thought too. Almost like they overlooked it.

I was kind of annoyed by the continuity of this episode anyway. They just kept magically ending up where they needed to be. Usually this show does not jump around so much in one single episode like they did tonight.

Only 2 episodes left, you have to pull the threads together if your going to have a big finale. It's one of the downsides of having so many different threads, getting them back together takes a deft hand or abit of hack-ness.

irishjayhawk
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
It's sad that people (not specifically here) can't appreciate a story oriented set-up episode. I thought it was acceptable after last weeks awesome episode and the crescendo that will be the next two episodes.

05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
It's sad that people (not specifically here) can't appreciate a story oriented set-up episode. I thought it was acceptable after last weeks awesome episode and the crescendo that will be the next two episodes.
Not complaining. I just found it odd considering none of their previous eps bounced that much.

Amnorix
05-08-2007, 04:53 AM

I guess that's right. I figured it had snapped by then, but Hiro held up the other end of the sword after they teleported away.

I'm not a comic book reader, so these deeper mysteries always escape me. :)

05-08-2007, 04:55 AM
I guess that's right. I figured it had snapped by then, but Hiro held up the other end of the sword after they teleported away.

I'm not a comic book reader, so these deeper mysteries always escape me. :)

Who reads comics?

jidar
05-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Who reads comics?

Who doesn't?

oh... wait...

Wrasse
05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
OK, something just dawned on me...what if...

Now that we know there is a little girl who can track anyone in the world by just thinking about them...what if the evil blow-up NYC group already has plans to use her to track radioactive guy and use him as the bomb. How? Well maybe they are already aware of a person or way to overstimulate or activate a hero's powers (as seen in episodes where they abducted heroes and then their powers were enhanced - the cop couldn't filter out people's thoughts and was going crazy...radioactive guy burned down his house...maybe they were just getting a handle on their powers but this was an awefully odd coincidence since it happened after they were captured and marked). Now evil group just uses this method they have developed and detonate their nuke.

Another idea is maybe they have someone in mind who can do it on their own...a hero who maybe has an ability somewhat similar to Sylar in that they can see the inner-workings of things but, in this case, s/he can't steal it but more activate it to their liking, etc. I was thinking maybe that chick who got into their intrawebs and was stealing their IMs. Maybe she went rogue to warn the others when she caught wind of her use...and she has the ability to mess with other heroes and activate the radioactive guy. Now they have to track her down once again once their little girl is 'cured' (Thanks alot Mohinder! :P) and continue with their plan. I still think Sylar may save the day as the reluctant hero...then use his fame to screw with people.

Whew...there ya go...my mind is going a mile a minute...so many ways this show could conclude this season. :P

...and, yea, that was a major reach...just fun to think about while I do some very boring coding work. :) heh

htismaqe
05-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I don't think the "agency"/Linderman/Pitrelli's mom is necessarily evil.

It's the classic X-Men storyline, IMO. They're going to use the bomb to justify rouding up and getting rid of the genetic "freaks". Xenophobic genocide under the guise of "saving the species".

Chan93lx50
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM

It's the classic X-Men storyline, IMO. They're going to use the bomb to justify rouding up and getting rid of the genetic "freaks". Xenophobic genocide under the guise of "saving the species".

Whats interesting is that they are genetic freaks themselves......, but with less special people I guess that would make you that much more special

Delano
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Whats interesting is that they are genetic freaks themselves......, but with less special people I guess that would make you that much more special

There are many members of the company (with the Primatech Paper front) that are "normal." HRG is an example. Anyone know if HRG's old boss (the guy that was talking to Nathan and asked Mohinder for help in last night's episode) has any special abilities?

Chan93lx50
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
There are many members of the company (with the Primatech Paper front) that are "normal." HRG is an example. Anyone know if HRG's old boss (the guy that was talking to Nathan and asked Mohinder for help in last night's episode) has any special abilities?

Yes, you are correct, but his boss is linderman (With Special abilities)

HolmeZz
05-08-2007, 09:59 AM

Nah. That's actually been Sylar's goal. He even mentioned it again last night, that he wants to take all these powers from people he thinks don't deserve them. But he got upset when he saw he might be the bomb, as he never wanted to kill any innocent people. If you remember the 5 Years Gone ep, Sylar was the one who set up a 'cure' program for people with powers while he was President.

Linderman's stated that the point of the bomb is to have a tragic event that brings the world back together. Linderman's talked about how insignificant the overall population of NYC is in the scheme of things.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with The Watchmen comic, but it's basically the same storyline.

pikesome
05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Although I think Ted's screwed one way or another.

I'd like to say I called it but this was very, very easy to guess. Poor Ted.

05-14-2007, 09:46 PM
As good as this series is and only 1 comment today? Damn!!!

pikesome
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
As good as this series is and only 1 comment today? Damn!!!

Lightweights, all of them!!

I guess we're in the grip of the Desert of the Off-Season.

05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I still watch 24 but I am glad there is finally a series on opposite of it that will give it a run for its money. 24 needs to redesign their series as Heroes will kick its ass right now.

Silock
05-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Next week is going to be INTENSE!

05-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Next week is going to be INTENSE!
I am hoping they will actually stop the "bomb" this season rather than leaving a cliffhanger for next season. Considering the entire season has been a cliffhanger and all.

Silock
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
I do, too. There needs to be some kind of finality to that part of the storyline, even if there's another cliffhanger.

Silock
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
BTW, this show totally kicks the shit out of 24.

I don't even really care about 24 anymore. This season has been, by far, the worst one.

kcxiv
05-15-2007, 03:06 AM
BTW, this show totally kicks the shit out of 24.

I don't even really care about 24 anymore. This season has been, by far, the worst one.
i just download them both, and watch them back to back with 0 commercials.

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 03:08 AM
I quit watching 24 weeks ago, and haven't missed it. About to watch last night's Heroes.

Silock
05-15-2007, 03:14 AM
i just download them both, and watch them back to back with 0 commercials.

Yeah, I record both of them, but I have to force myself to watch 24 as opposed to looking forward to watching Heroes.

cadmonkey
05-15-2007, 06:41 AM
I quit watching 24 weeks ago, and haven't missed it. About to watch last night's Heroes.

Dude, I'm with ya. Once they stopped the terrorist, I stopped watching and feel great about my choice.

and all I have to say is BOOM!

irishjayhawk
05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Stupid computer screwed up last night. I would agree with everyone here about 24. Heroes last night was awesome. Only thing that could make the show better is a 2 hour finale instead of 1.

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Yea us heroes fan's only get a 1hour sesaon finale.And lost gets a 2hour one not only that Lost got picked up till 2010.

Fairplay
05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Very good episode, i love this show.

I think Hiro bumped into the invisible guy on the street. Anyone else notice that also?

Amnorix
05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Very good episode, i love this show.

I think Hiro bumped into the invisible guy on the street. Anyone else notice that also?

I saw something odd there, and wondered. Think you're right.

I lvoe this show. Picked up for 30 episodes next year, so fewer/shorter breaks than this year. Also, some kind of weird spin off thing.

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 04:02 PM
ON a side note Spoiler Warning Below

Was any one surprised at how many main plot characters were dieing Lindermen DL HRG Boss Ted.The only Character that is safe is Hiro with that being said watch him die next week.

irishjayhawk
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
ON a side note Spoiler Warning Below

Was any one surprised at how many main plot characters were dieing Lindermen DL HRG Boss Ted.The only Character that is safe is Hiro with that being said watch him die next week.

As long as they keep the following:

Peter
Hiro (& possibly friend)
Claire
Parkman
Mohinder
Micah

And possibly:
Invisible guy (I want him to have a bigger part. I like the actor)
Shapeshifter lady (more eye candy)
Bennet

kcxiv
05-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Yea us heroes fan's only get a 1hour sesaon finale.And lost gets a 2hour one not only that Lost got picked up till 2010.
Lost is only going to go 16 episodes a season though.

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Lost is only going to go 16 episodes a season though.

Still 3 more guaranteed seasons is alot for a show that has been steadly losing Rateings since the start of this season.

kcxiv
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Still 3 more guaranteed seasons is alot for a show that has been steadly losing Rateings since the start of this season.
Because season 3 and the first half really wasnt good tv. The last 3-4 episodes have been very very good. All they have to do is put out good stuff and people will watch. Same shit with 24- it was pretty bad after the first few episodes of the start of season 6. Its gotten better though. Hopefully the writers get out of this funk and start writing better stories for both shows.

pikesome
05-15-2007, 05:56 PM
As long as they keep the following:

Peter
Hiro (& possibly friend)
Claire
Parkman
Mohinder
Micah

And possibly:
Invisible guy (I want him to have a bigger part. I like the actor)
Shapeshifter lady (more eye candy)
Bennet

The pre-view looked like Parkman got gut-shot or something equally bad. I know he doesn't have to die but you have to wonder. I hope he stays around, he's a good character with a nifty deus ex machina power.

Delano
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
The pre-view looked like Parkman got gut-shot or something equally bad. I know he doesn't have to die but you have to wonder. I hope he stays around, he's a good character with a nifty deus ex machina power.

I agree that he is an interesting character. Am I the only viewer that hates him after the "future" episode though?

oaklandhater
05-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I am pretty sure parkman is gonna live since I saw him on a talkshow talking about the 2nd season of heroes.

pikesome
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree that he is an interesting character. Am I the only viewer that hates him after the "future" episode though?

He was the "Good Guy corrupted by the Darkside of National Security". If Parkman could be evil the future must really suck.

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I believe the only way Peter will defeat Sylar is if he comes in contact with the Hatian, and then Sylar will be majorly F*CKED.

05-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Has anyone tried to watch this on NBC.com lately? I wanted to rewatch it but it will not load at all. Matter of fact, the only show that will load on their site for me right now is something called Passions.

Can anyone else give this a try and see what happens.

05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Got it to work on the cast commentary page. Hiro bumped into a normal human. You can see the person he bumped into. At first glance, it is easy to overlook because it happened so fast though.

cadmonkey
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
I believe the only way Peter will defeat Sylar is if he comes in contact with the Hatian, and then Sylar will be majorly F*CKED.

Without Sylar, this show would be totally useless

htismaqe
05-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Sylar played a gay Arab with Tori Spelling. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Lost is only going to go 16 episodes a season though.Where did you see this? That sucks.

BigMeatballDave
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Lost is only going to go 16 episodes a season though.Shit. I found this...http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964371.html?categoryid=1417&cs=1&p=0

If this is true. Lost may not return until January.

BigMeatballDave
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Shit. I found this...http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964371.html?categoryid=1417&cs=1&p=0

If this is true. Lost may not return until January.I was right...Nothing's official yet, but ABC has all but said that the fourth season of "Lost" won't premiere until January or February of next year.

BigRedChief
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I record both of them, but I have to force myself to watch 24 as opposed to looking forward to watching Heroes.
24 was renewed for 2 more years. It's going to be re-tooled and revamped.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/television.24.reut/index.html

Tribal Warfare
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Without Sylar, this show would be totally useless

Their are potential Villians that could pop up, and this type of series usually has a short lifespan anyway.

Delano
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Their are potential Villians that could pop up, and this type of series usually has a short lifespan anyway.

There is a lot of content waiting to be put out I think. I think the storylines from the past would be good TV. When Linderman and Petrelli were getting everything figured out and all that.

Monday at 9 PM is when we will know the direction for the series.

SCChief
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Heck... the only part of the world that they have focused on yet seems to be the US (though some characters are from other countries). I am sure there are a ton of people with powers that are out in other parts of the world... leading cults or criminal organizations (like Linderman). You are absolutely right in that villians could pop up from anywhere... or even one of the current heroes could go bad.

Valiant
05-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Heck... the only part of the world that they have focused on yet seems to be the US (though some characters are from other countries). I am sure there are a ton of people with powers that are out in other parts of the world... leading cults or criminal organizations (like Linderman). You are absolutely right in that villians could pop up from anywhere... or even one of the current heroes could go bad.

Like Nathan... He just needs Sentinels...

05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Finale tonight 8pm.

Taco John
05-21-2007, 12:08 AM

I've read that they've already got three seasons worth of storyline mapped out...

HolmeZz
05-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I've read that they've already got three seasons worth of storyline mapped out...

They do. I think Kring has said the future of the show is going to revolve around newer characters who get worked in eventually.

meStevo
05-21-2007, 12:28 AM
30 hours of content being readied for next season: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-nbcupfronts-heroesorigins,0,5536579.story

SCChief
05-21-2007, 05:14 AM
30 hours of content being readied for next season: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-nbcupfronts-heroesorigins,0,5536579.story

Wow! I like the idea of the fans deciding which of the new heroes joins the main story.

Amnorix
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Rausch
05-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Like Nathan... He just needs Sentinels...

It's pretty boldly ripping off the Marvel Comics universe.

Fairplay
05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
It's pretty boldly ripping off the Marvel Comics universe.

True. But i don't care. It beats all these reality series.

Fairplay
05-21-2007, 07:08 PM
The child is evil, she must be killed.

Fairplay
05-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Peter has more and more powers. Now he can hallucinate. Thats cool.

Fairplay
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Before Claire jumps out a 20 story building, she reminds the viewers, "Don't try this at home."

HolmeZz
05-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Noah Bennet.

Like how they're continuing the Biblical names.

HolmeZz
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Acid rain?

Fairplay
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I guess maybe i expected more of the season finale.

I still liked it though.

Hiro i think will be the legendary hero of long ago. Like the stories his daddy read to him when he was just a toddler.

KcMizzou
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Pretty cool ending.

I missed a ton of episodes. I'll have to go back and see the rest of season one.

HolmeZz
05-21-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm still a little confused. They left a lot unanswered.

I assume Sylar's still alive, due to the blood trail.

And I'm not sure why Nathan would die, when he was supposed to be the one to take over after the bomb. I guess he finally came over to the good side.