PDA

View Full Version : When do we start blaming players?

DJ_is_the_realdeal
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
I know everyone here loves the Chiefs and want them to do well. But when do we start blaming the players for the performance. The coaches can only do so much. They can't block or execute the play during the game, it's up to the players. As the best fans in the world we deserve alot better than the half-a$$ play we have seen so far. What do you think?

chasedude
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I think there's been so much finger pointing on here that about everyone in the Chiefs organization has been blamed for something by now.

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2007, 12:11 PM
The offensive line, Huard, and the WRs get critized quite a bit.

CoMoChief
09-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Well on offense, it is clear that the playcalling is horrid. Players only do what they're told to do by the coaches that call out the plays. When you are running the ball on 3rd and 13, throwing fade routes in the corner of the endzone to your smallest WR in hope that he wins a jumping contest with a bigger and stronger CB, or throwing COUNTLESS numbers of checkdown and FB flat passes, and when you're not throwing the ball downfield, the offense isn't going to amount to shit IMO.

Solari needs the call better plays. He needs to not listen to Herm and do what the **** he saw Al Saunders do for years while he was hear. You need to keep the defense off balanced, you need to throw the ball downfield to open up the running game. These fullback screens and post passes for a few yrds wont cut it because you can still leave 8-9 guys in the box.

suds79
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
The offensive line, Huard, and the WRs get critized quite a bit.

Agreed.

I've said on numerious threads of how I think this Oline stinks. :(

Chest Rockwell
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Well on offense, it is clear that the playcalling is horrid. Players only do what they're told to do by the coaches that call out the plays. When you are running the ball on 3rd and 13, throwing fade routes in the corner of the endzone to your smallest WR in hope that he wins a jumping contest with a bigger and stronger CB, or throwing COUNTLESS numbers of checkdown and FB flat passes, and when you're not throwing the ball downfield, the offense isn't going to amount to shit IMO.

Solari needs the call better plays. He needs to not listen to Herm and do what the **** he saw Al Saunders do for years while he was hear. You need to keep the defense off balanced, you need to throw the ball downfield to open up the running game. These fullback screens and post passes for a few yrds wont cut it because you can still leave 8-9 guys in the box.

I'm not defending the play calling by any means, but I thought it was pretty well documented that the throw to Parker was a play called for Gonzalez and Huard decided to go to Parker because he thought he saw man coverage there?

And aren't checkdowns called checkdowns because either your primary targets or covered, or you are physically not capable of making another throw?

Like I said, I'm not fond of a lot of the play calling but those types of things exacerbate poor play calling.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
who chose to keep these players?

who trained these players?

who develops the game plan for these players?

macdawg
09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
before long we are going to need a separate forum for Solari alone, lol

CoMoChief
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm not defending the play calling by any means, but I thought it was pretty well documented that the throw to Parker was a play called for Gonzalez and Huard decided to go to Parker because he thought he saw man coverage there?

And aren't checkdowns called checkdowns because either your primary targets or covered, or you are physically not capable of making another throw?

Like I said, I'm not fond of a lot of the play calling but those types of things exacerbate poor play calling.
Once again why design that play for Parker and not Bowe or Webb?

That is true about checkdowns, but how many times did you see a FB pass out in the flats or a whopping 4yd WR slant? About a little more than half of the pass attempts were for those plays.

shaneo69
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I know everyone here loves the Chiefs and want them to do well. But when do we start blaming the players for the performance. The coaches can only do so much. They can't block or execute the play during the game, it's up to the players. As the best fans in the world we deserve alot better than the half-a$$ play we have seen so far. What do you think?

I think the players do get blamed when it's called for. Samie Parker and Dante Hall last year come to mind.

Chest Rockwell
09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Once again why design that play for Parker and not Bowe or Webb?

That is true about checkdowns, but how many times did you see a FB pass out in the flats or a whopping 4yd WR slant? About a little more than half of the pass attempts were for those plays.

I agree it's poor play design, and the coaches don't skate on that. At the same time, Huard's been around long enough to recognize that and not just make that throw like a brain-dead monkey. I thought the reason he was starting was he made better decisions than that.

Still not defending play calls, I just think a lot of the passes are called due to the physical limitations of the QB, and the testicular fortitude limitations of the HC with regards to offense in general. While Solari may well be a shitey OC, those two things dictate a lot of the things he has to do in my opinion.

The FB flats are really getting on my nerves, though.

StcChief
09-20-2007, 12:37 PM
since when are players NOT blamed here?

TrINT

Stone hands parker

McPasson

Burntee

has it never been a scapegoating problem

all coaches all the time...

DJ_is_the_realdeal
09-20-2007, 12:44 PM
who chose to keep these players?

who trained these players?

who develops the game plan for these players?
Well we all know the answer to those questions but all im saying is that the past two games the players on offense, besides Brian Waters, are not bringing it. LJ I know will be ready this week. I like Herm but I think he came in a bad situation and he is getting the blame for DV's ability of not drafting quality players. Herm can only do so much at once. And for the guys that miss our high scoring offense. Where did that get us in DV's tenor. I don't know about you but I don't miss the days when we had a 17pt lead (Philly) and knowing our defense couldn't stop anyone.

RedThat
09-20-2007, 12:50 PM

I'll break this down in 2:

1. I blame the players for one and one thing only, execution. A drop pass, a missed block, a missed tackle, those are player mistakes.
If the player fails to execute, then that's not the coach's fault.

2. But, playcalling, game planning, preparation, the way the coaches decide to utilize the players in their schemes, etc. If that there is not right, I blame coaching.

*So far from what I have seen #2 outweighs #1 by a pretty decent margin.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Well we all know the answer to those questions but all im saying is that the past two games the players on offense, besides Brian Waters, are not bringing it. LJ I know will be ready this week. I like Herm but I think he came in a bad situation and he is getting the blame for DV's ability of not drafting quality players. Herm can only do so much at once. And for the guys that miss our high scoring offense. Where did that get us in DV's tenor. I don't know about you but I don't miss the days when we had a 17pt lead (Philly) and knowing our defense couldn't stop anyone.

and i say that John Welborn would be doing a much better job at blocking if the other team didn't know what play was coming.

petegz28
09-20-2007, 12:57 PM
and i say that John Welborn would be doing a much better job at blocking if the other team didn't know what play was coming.

WTF are you thinking????

ROFL

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
WTF are you thinking????

ROFL
i thinking that a predictable offense makes the blocking job by the offensive lineman much more difficult.

you disagree?

RedThat
09-20-2007, 12:59 PM

I think it's because the players are either not confident or don't believe with what the coaches want them to do on offense?

That is the impression I get from when I watch the games. And you know what? I don't blame them.

Look at our offense? Seriously. It's so predictable. And all we do is utilize the short part of the field 90-95% of the time. No creativity whatsoever. I am a fan, and I can tell you from watching the games I know the Chiefs offense in a nutshell. That is, 5 yard swing pass, run up the middle, 5 yard quick slant. You know they ALWAYS run on first, second down. Then third down they're going to pass. It's so easy for the opposition to figure that out. We do those same plays over and over. And it's ridiculous.

Herm is getting outcoached because he doesn't know what else to do on offense.

If anything, Herm is making this a bad situation. Why call the same offense over and over? It's insanity. If it doesn't work you have to change it up. But yet he keeps doing the same thing. Just goes to show he is not a smart coach. A stupid coach is going to drag this team down. It only makes sense.

RustShack
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I have been blaming Huard, sure he completets a lot of his passes and dosn't make many mistakes(besides his 3 interceptions) But he just can't throw the ball very far, well, or accuratly. START CROYLE!!!

petegz28
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
i thinking that a predictable offense makes the blocking job by the offensive lineman much more difficult.

you disagree?

Oh man are you stoned? Gimme some of what you are smoking!!! No way does the other team know what Solari has planned. Not 1 iota of a clue do they have. Laz you are on crack aren't you? How can you for one minute call our offense predictable.

I won't here of it. You should be banned!!!!! :shake:

KC Kings
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Keep them off balanced how? Like running on 3rd and long, or throwing fade routes to the corner of the endzone on 2nd and short?

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh man are you stoned? Gimme some of what you are smoking!!! No way does the other team know what Solari has planned. Not 1 iota of a clue do they have. Laz you are on crack aren't you? How can you for one minute call our offense predictable.

can someone else give this the once over with their Sarcas-o-meter and lemme know the results .... mine is notoriously broken.

petegz28
09-20-2007, 01:15 PM
can someone else give this the once over with their Sarcas-o-meter and lemme know the results .... mine is notoriously broken.

Damn Laz I can't lay it on any more thick can I?

You're killing me here Smalls!!!!!

/SARCASM

Mr. Laz
09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Damn Laz I can't lay it on any more thick can I?

You're killing me here Smalls!!!!!

/SARCASM
i said my was broke :harumph:

petegz28
09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
i said my was broke :harumph:

Well unbreak it !

ChiefaRoo
09-20-2007, 07:10 PM
F**KING ELVIS GRBAC! I hate that guy.

Skip Towne
09-20-2007, 07:16 PM

But would you hear of it?